Notices

Sometimes it is better to say nothing...

Old 06-10-2007, 10:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Life is Grand

Sometimes it is better to say nothing...

.......sometimes, I come to the board and read, but to be honest, I can't think of a single word to say!!! I read posts of the new members and the members that have been here a long time and I can relate to them all, some have brought me to tears because they are so close to my heart. If we were at a meeting, I would give you a hug or a knowing nod across the table...but that doesn't do any good through the computer screen......so I choose to not respond at all, rather than say something incoherent or even hurtful (that would never be my intention). Some of the posts have left me speechless because it could be me writing them, and it is then I take time to reflect on my own recovery for a moment (lets be honest, were are all here for our own recovery, the fact that in doing so, it helps others is the blessing of the program and what makes it so special)...please know that I would never ignore a post or any new member, you are ALL important to me and I thank you all for helping me stay sober.

Cathy
Old 06-10-2007, 11:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I know what you mean. Its 2am here, and i have spent the last 4 hours on this site (im new here) reading through alot of the posts (and adding a couple of new threads).
So many posts have touched me in one way or another, but i just cant seem to find the right words to reply to them.
I'd rather say nothing at all than be misunderstood.
Old 06-10-2007, 11:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Cathy, you are absolutely right. I think we all want to welcome the newcomers when they arrive. And, we all have our ways of dealing with the posts that we read. Sometimes it feels very natural to respond and other times I have to take a step back and think it over. Still other times, I can't think of anything useful to say. But, every post I read is important to me and I know others feel the same way.
Old 06-10-2007, 11:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Cathy, ditto!
Old 06-10-2007, 11:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

Smile

(((((((((Cathy))))))))))
Old 06-10-2007, 05:53 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Not all better, getting better

Originally Posted by Surlyredhead View Post
.......sometimes, I come to the board and read, but to be honest, I can't think of a single word to say!!! I read posts of the new members and the members that have been here a long time and I can relate to them all, some have brought me to tears because they are so close to my heart. If we were at a meeting, I would give you a hug or a knowing nod across the table...but that doesn't do any good through the computer screen......so I choose to not respond at all, rather than say something incoherent or even hurtful (that would never be my intention). Some of the posts have left me speechless because it could be me writing them, and it is then I take time to reflect on my own recovery for a moment (lets be honest, were are all here for our own recovery, the fact that in doing so, it helps others is the blessing of the program and what makes it so special)...please know that I would never ignore a post or any new member, you are ALL important to me and I thank you all for helping me stay sober.

Cathy

While I rarely seem to be short on words!!, when I feel that way, I simply hit the "thanks" button. At least the person knows that someone cares that way.
Old 06-10-2007, 06:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Hope3

I know what you mean SR, thats what this

forum is all about....You are very supportive, and

when you have something to say, you say it beautifully.

Hope3