Notices

Hello all

Old 06-09-2007, 08:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello all

I feel almost embarrassed for not posting for so long. I now have been sober for 9 months and 23 days.

It has been difficult. I often struggle with the thought maybe I can just have one. There are little angels in my life that remind me of the joy of being sober. Some of them are members here.

I especially want to thank Tom for his continuous support and wise advise. I really don't think I would be sober today if it weren't for you.

About 2 weeks ago, I was fantasizing about having a drink and then that night I had a nightmare. The nightmare was the usual, me getting **** drunk and waking up the next morning and not remembering a thing. I was terrified and thanked got it was just that, a nightmare and not reality. I HATED the feeling of waking up and not remembering the night before. My anxiety levels used to hit the roof wondering what nightmarish things I did the night before.

Thank god I am sober today and thank you to all my little angels. Life has been crazy busy but it should never be too busy for me to post and read the posts on this board.

God bless..
Joanne
Old 06-09-2007, 09:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Well done on your sober time!
Old 06-09-2007, 09:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Smile Congratulations

I can relate to the waking up and not remembering the night before. That was the main thing that led me to AA...the blackouts were scary. So happy to see you're doing well. Keep doing what you're doing; it's working!
Old 06-09-2007, 09:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Location: Fedup With This Vicious Cycle and Am Doing Something About It
Way To Go!! I got a huge grin reading your post because I know how much of a joy it is living a sober life. Today was day 5 for me but it has already made a HUGE difference.
God Bless and Keep up the good work!
Old 06-09-2007, 09:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Congrats on 9 months and 23 days....

Keep up the good work..it can be hard some days..

One day at a time...

Love,

IO
Old 06-09-2007, 10:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

CONGRATS=)

I also had a drunk dream the other night... it was so realistic and so scary. I tried to describe what I felt in another post earlier this week, but I just couldn't find the words. Then, I was at a step meeting today and we were dicussing the second step. All the sudden I realized that what I'd been experiencing in my dream was insanity. I'm still new to sobriety so I'm still in the process of being "restored to sanity." Sometimes I wonder if I'll ever be fully restored, but thinking about what I felt in that dream made me realize just how much sanity really has been restored in my life through sobriety. For me, drunk dreams have been a blessing; they've been subconscious reminders of why I so desperately needed to change.
Old 06-10-2007, 03:02 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

joanne, thanks for the update... keep working on your sobriety...

jo
Life has been crazy busy but it should never be too busy for me to post and read the posts on this board.
for me, i found sobriety in one pocket, life in the other, and all is as it should...

good wishes jo...

xxoo, rz
Old 06-10-2007, 03:12 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Congratulations and thanks for updating us. You're doing just fantastic.

indigo
Old 06-10-2007, 03:46 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Dont feel bad. It's nice that you are here today. That's all we have! Well done on your sober time. That's awesome.
Old 06-10-2007, 05:53 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
let it grow!

hugs. keep coming back! k
Old 06-10-2007, 06:02 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Wow.... Thanks for the nice responses. It is nice to read all of your posts. Your all so wonderful. I will spend some time reading other posts.

As for the drunk dream, it was a huge blessing. I hope I keep getting those nightmares. They are reality reminders of what happens when I drink. It is funny how I dreamt that horrible dream when I needed it the most.
Joanne
Old 06-10-2007, 08:24 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Maybe God would prefer you didn't drink.........lol!
Old 06-11-2007, 04:43 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

((((Joanne)))))

This is Vic AKA Luckyv2! I am so glad to see you posting, many of us have missed you and you are right it doesn't take that long to say something, not only letting others know that we care but also this is one part of my recovery pie as well. I know that for me sometimes I don't feel as if I have much to offer on some days and that is AOK for me.

Anyway I just celebrated a year a few weeks ago or so and I refuse to give up or give in. Way to go on clean time that is a miracle.
Old 06-11-2007, 09:09 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

joanne!!! so good to see you again! sorry i was away this weekend and not online...hopeyou are still checking. good to hear from you and so glad that you are still sober!

way to go!
hugs,
scoot
Old 06-11-2007, 09:48 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Congrats on your sober time, Joanne - it's good to see you!