Notices

an AH HAH! moment.

Old 06-09-2007, 09:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
No more merlot, more mamma

an AH HAH! moment.

Last night was my nephew's graduation celebration for 8th grade. Afterwards, we went out for dinner with my sis and her husband, and a bunch of their friends.Now, a little history..

My sister was a good kid. Did well in school, band, etc., where I was not. Probably cause she was such a good kid had something to do with it lol. Anyway, she had a great big group of equally good kids that she hung out with back then..the word wholesome comes to mind..I guess I was always jealous of that. I hung out with the stoners, boozers, and the like..I had good friends, but not like the large group that she had.

So, I'm looking around the dinner table last night, taking in all her friends. All really nice, responsible, respectful folks. Had fun.

On the way home, I mentioned to A how my sister still hangs out with people that are just like the folks she hung out with while we were growing up, and wasn't that funny?

A said to me: "Just because WE have to change our behaviors doesn't mean that EVERYONE does".

Just wanted to share..
Old 06-09-2007, 11:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

hung out with the stoners, boozers, and the like..I had good friends, but not like the large group that she had.
Me too, I thought I was cool, "counter-culture". They're all dead, unemployd, still using or in AA now. Seriously.

Last edited by GlassPrisoner; 06-09-2007 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Insert key is evil
Old 06-09-2007, 12:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
believer

well what can i say than the only regret i have of growing up and it was like two pairs of years ago that i got out of high school...is not loving myself all the way since birth...taking that i hang with everybody, lol, every kind of people....lol..but that doesn't make me who i am, it just makes me my mind more opened!

take care!
Old 06-09-2007, 12:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Funny you should write that, I was just thanking one of my best friends today for being so supportive. I know I've been blessed in that I haven't had to deal with changing my friends. When my drinking really got out of control, I stopped hanging out with my friends because it was clear I had a problem. They've all been very supportive. Even when I wasn't ready to talk they would leave me messages to let me know they cared and were proud of my decision. Just wanted to post that because I've been feeling very grateful for their friendship.