No help? Prayers then please...

Old 06-06-2007, 06:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
tug

Unhappy No help? Prayers then please...

Posted for help a few days ago...got minimal responses, of the ones I did get I thank you...so please pray all goes well at the hearing for my son and his girlfriend on Monday. Their beautiful liitle girl, Araya, will be 1 tomorrow. And they are in jail....Thanks..........
Old 06-06-2007, 07:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

Awww, Tug. I am so very sorry. I missed your other thread. I've thought alot about you in the past few months. It's been a long time.
Sorry to hear about your son and his gf. That's a shame.
If you wanna talk, just pm me anytime.
Let me know what happened...
I'm praying for you all.
(((((((Tug)))))))

With Love,
Linda
Old 06-06-2007, 07:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Tug, I've been away...just back late last night and I hope I don't sound dopey...jet lag big time...off to bed after responding here.

I know it is heartbreaking, but I do agree that HP has a plan all worked out already. My daughter had to serve a sentence a year and a half after she found recovery...that seemed so difficult to me; How could she keep moving forward if her life was taken from her for awhile. But HP had a plan and I think that time she spent helped her to learn so many more life lessons and to be even more committed to recovery. HP sent a woman her way there too who never would have decided to try a halfway house after jail rather than return to the lifestyle she was born into if she hadn't heard my daughter speak of NA. So I do believe he has a plan for your son and girlfriend too.

I am praying for your whole family and for you. Listen closely at the procedings for I know HP will guide you in what, if anything, to say or do. Hugs and prayers.
Old 06-06-2007, 07:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

I'm afraid I've been away as well. I'll be keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 06-06-2007, 07:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

prayers for you and yours
Old 06-06-2007, 07:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sending prayers for your son and GF, and your family.
Old 06-06-2007, 07:24 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Tug, continuing to keep your son, his girlfriend, their beautiful daughter, Araya, and you too in my prayers. May this be the time they truly seek recovery so that they can someday soon be a family again. Hugs, Marle
Old 06-06-2007, 07:29 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I have been trying to keep my posts to a minimum but your family does have my prayers...sorry tug
Old 06-06-2007, 07:30 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
On a tear

I thought you got some good responses, Tug... maybe they were less in the range of how to exactly intervene in the process, and more along the lines of acceptance.

I know there was a fairly long time when I NEEDED to "do some doing"... know what I mean?

I don't know the legalities or the processes in your state. You probably could go the route of calling the prosecuting attorney to see if they will share with you the exact charges and possibilities for deferrments, programs or alternatives to jail. Especially if these are first offenses.

You could check with women's shelters, or with an attorney to get the name of some sort of Legal Aid society to see if hiring an attorney would be helpful.

You could ask the public defender (there should be one assigned) what other actions you can take.

But in the long run, if they are not ready for recovery, then you have done a truck load of work... which, for me, lead to a truck load of resentment.

You are in my prayers... as is your child and grandchildren.

(((Tug)))
Old 06-06-2007, 07:31 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Prayers that all goes just as it should.... it's hard to understand why some things happen the way they do, but each of us has to learn our own life lessons.

Hugs from one mom to another

Cats
Old 06-06-2007, 07:31 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

tug, i have not been on much lately.i said a prayer for you & your grandbaby. your son & his g.f. also.give the baby happy b-day baby hugs from me. i hope your son & his g.f. hit there bottom so they can be a happy family. it is sad when children are involved.i know how hard it is on you.hugs & prayers, hope
Old 06-06-2007, 07:37 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Tug,
Sorry I missed your previous thread, don't know how that happened.

Prayers coming out for your son and his GF, and their daughter.

Tug, sometimes they just have to plead thier case, that they are addicts, and truly want help. If the judge believes them, then they get to go to rehab, of course I believe it all depends on circumstances. I'm not sure you can say anything, it may be all up to them.

Pray about it Tug, and see where that leads you. It's better to stay out of the middle, and let your sons and the GF's H.P. take it from here.

Sometimes things happen for a reason.

Hugs, and prayers for you,
Old 06-06-2007, 07:39 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Starry Girl

((Tug)) Sorry I missed your other thread. Prayers for little Araya (beautiful name) and her parents and YOU.

And extra ((hugs))!
Old 06-07-2007, 06:48 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

(((tug))) I must have missed your post as well. Add my prayers to the list.
Old 06-07-2007, 06:55 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I'm sorry too Tug...missed the last thread.
I really do hope that things work out in the best interest of all.
I can only offer that when I've felt that things were out of control, I found shortly after that it was just out of MY control...there was a plan all along, and nothing turned out as bad as I had imagined.
SR prayer is powerful stuff Tug, and trust your and thier HP. Any worrying between now and the hearing will not change the outcome.
Give that little one a squishy birthday hug from me, OK?
Prayers for the best possible outcome
((((hugs)))
Cece
Old 06-07-2007, 07:02 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

(((Tug)))

My prayers go out for your family too.

You know, Tug, I find that God often wraps his blessings in a strange way. Perhaps jail will be the eye-opener they need to find a better path and this may be the last birthday that baby spends without them.

And know that you are important to all of us, and if we didn't respond enough to your last post it wasn't because we don't care....we love you and are walking with you all the way.

Hugs
Old 06-07-2007, 07:06 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
came-came to-came to believe

Prayers headed your way for a more peaceful day today.
I am sorry that you and your family are going through this.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:19 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hi Tug.
Im sorry too. I havent been logging in much but come to read alot. I missed the thread too. But I will say an extra prayer for you and your family too. Any special plans for your granddaughter? A birthday party?
Here is a birthday wish for your granddaughter that she have many smiles and lots of laughter this coming year and sober parents.
Old 06-07-2007, 01:33 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

I'm sorry tug that I missed your thread (husbands motorcycle accident has me running around abit) your son his girlfriend and their baby will be in my prayers tonight. try not to worry so much, deep breath,
good luck.
Old 06-07-2007, 01:36 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
let it grow!

hey tug, i'm praying for you and your family. it's tough to go through, i understand.

enjoy the birthday. that's special! and know that you are in our thoughts.

blessings, k