Notices

Dear (((Newcomers)))

Old 06-03-2007, 05:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Dear (((Newcomers)))

I remember when I first found SR, it was out of desperation with my alcohol addiction, boy oh boy I had no idea what a journey it would be, it's been some trip let me tell you. I'm grateful beyond words for the people who've come into my life finding SR, what they've taught me wouldn't I couldn't see the light for the dark I had myself so surrounded with.

You've been blessed finding SoberRecovery, I certainly have, something has guided all of us here, to learn so many things from one another. ((((((((SoberRecovery))))))))))

For myself there was so much I needed to learn, I didn't get my sobriety right away, so that lead me to believe I was the hopeless type, I told myself so many times, what's the use, you'll never ever get it, look how long you've been drinking, you can't do it, you just can't. Well a big part of me kept fighting those lies, all lies. I tried everything under the sun to get sober, not to mention so much grief and pain, the places it had put me very unsafe, just like a lot of you. It is progressive, there's no if's and's or but's about it, one day the blackouts start then they don't stop, talk about scarey stuff, WE'VE put or put ourselves in harms way or others.

Well the good news is.......IF I CAN DO THIS ANYONE CAN, I need to yell that out once more....IF I CAN DO THIS ANYONE CAN...keep trying everything till you find what works for you, for myself it was depression, which I was in denial about, oh I knew I suffered from it, but my very good friend (((Anna))) who most of you are very familiar with gave me a push almost a year ago knowing what I needed to do, she's my angel, and because of her helping me the way she did, I know her wings are full today, she helped free my wings, I love you Anna.

There are so many for me to thank here for never giving up on me, a ton of beautiful hearts here Newcomers.

Well my news is I've put another month together 11 months, 335 days today, it wasn't easy at first, it gets easier as the months start to roll into one another, you lose the obsessive thoughts about drinking, you soon walk with a lighter step and heart, the things that were eating away at you inside will leave, you fully understand what LETTING GO means, you understand the real meaning of ONE DAY AT A TIME.

Don't ever give up, keep trying everything, and I mean everything, try to absorb what others tell you let it really sink it as hard as that may be at times with a clouded up mind, oh I remember those days so clear. So many have walked in your shoes finding the freedom of addtiction, they are your teachers, they understand.

((((((Newcomers)))))) I'm wishing you all the best with your journey to recovery, try not to make it harder then it needs to be, there is a solution, yep there sure is.

All my love.....smiling because I know one day you'll be free from this beast also.

Hugs.......Denise
Old 06-03-2007, 05:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Woo Hoo Denise!

11 Months is Fantastic!

I love you too Denise!
Old 06-03-2007, 05:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

thanks *so* much for that great post Denise, and congrats !
D

ps I love your St Aug quote !
Old 06-03-2007, 05:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Smile

congratulations!!
Old 06-03-2007, 06:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
IO Storm

thanks Denise..and congrats on 11 months!!!

Thanks for sharing your ESH with Newbies and Olbies..helps us all.

Love

IO

(and still praying every night for Sis)
Old 06-03-2007, 06:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Life is Grand

That was a great post, it choked me up, thank you

Congratulations on 11 months...that is awesome!!!

Cathy
Old 06-03-2007, 06:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Yes great post..You inspired me to make my own thank you post.
And 11 months is fantastic.
Attached Images
File Type: gif
congratulations_06.gif (44.2 KB, 55 views)
Old 06-03-2007, 08:51 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

awww Denise,

Your post really makes me happy for you. I am so glad you are still here with us and sharing your journey of recovery. You touch many hearts.
Old 06-03-2007, 09:02 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

(((Denise)))
Old 06-03-2007, 09:25 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Epowering words for many indeed! Thank you.
Old 06-04-2007, 03:53 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

((((Denise)))))

I am so thrilled for you. I know how much both of us struggled and am glad that today we both have found a way out from total despair glad that you are here and doing the deal.

11 months that is amazing isn't it!?!

Thanks for always being here for me.

With Love and Respect

Vic

BTW Happy Birthday Late!
Old 06-04-2007, 04:27 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

newcomers, and people struggling...

Congratulations wing'y!!!

so happy for you my friend...

you have been a inspitation on my recovery road... dont cha know...!

all good wishes, and keep give'n that love...!

pattee
Old 06-04-2007, 04:48 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Denise you always had your wings and now you've learned how to fly. You are an inspiration to so many....me included sis, I love you.

Annie
Attached Images
Old 06-04-2007, 01:32 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

congrats
Old 06-04-2007, 01:39 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Congratulations!!!!

Thank you for your words of wisdom regarding us newbies.

Much apprieciated.

A smile is a curve that sets everything straight
Old 06-04-2007, 01:47 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

What a beautiful post.Thank you Denise-as a newbie this is one of the most encouraging posts I've read.

Congratulations on your 11 months!You're an inspiration!

Rosexox
Old 06-04-2007, 02:03 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hi. I am new here. I have been sober for 1 month today, and this is my first post. I have been reading as a guest for a while. I just wanted to thank you for this post. It has made me want to register and introduce myself, which i am going to do with my own thread in a moment.

Thank you,
Justasbrgrl
Old 06-04-2007, 06:15 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Smile

Whoa thank you all so much. Sitting here with tears rolling down my cheeks. Life certainly isn't easy is it? Finding SR let's us all know everyone has their own struggles and problems, some more so then others. The HUGE heart of SR reaches out and continues to help anyway it can, shows all of us we have choices.

My tears are for so many mixed up feelings. SR is an amazing place, it certainly stirs up a lot of emotions. I've never met anyone here in person, but I have, our spirits have touched, after awhile you really get to know each other.

My heart will always remain with the Don't Quit thread, that's where my journey started with the ongoing thread, it holds a lot of memories and history for me and so many others. A lot have moved on but a part of them will always remain here with all of us, I hope they are doing well today.

There's been a lot of joy, laughs and sorrow here for a lot of us, which we all feel so deeply. I can't tell you how many times I've sat her in front of my computer putting my hand on my mouth trying so hard not to laugh out loud, (my family already think I'm nuts as it is LOL) woohooing here cheering others on when good things happened in their lives, and the tears, lordy the tears......tears of joy, tears of sorrow. I really believe as addicts we feel others pain more strongly, I know I sure do, when someone here hurts WE all feel it.

So (((((((Newcomers)))))))) roll up your sleeves, WE'VE got some serious work to do, lots to learn.....NO BEATING YOURSELF UP, that's not allowed, we're all human, all of us here understand, and no one judges, if anyone should know about that it's me, I have a track record here for posting messages in drunkanese (new word for the day), whew I don't miss doing that anymore laughs thinking about that now, it wasn't so funny at the time......oh one more thing, don't take yourself to serious *wink* a good sense of humor can take you a long ways.

Sorry for not replying to all your posts, my old brain can't do that anymore.

Tons of love......smiling huge here because you're all here to learn how to give yourself the GIFT of sobriety.
Old 02-02-2014, 12:28 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Jus
A Little Wingy

I dug deep today, jus because.

I read this, and see where I was, and a lesson for all of us, NEVER GET TO SURE OF OURSELVES.

Almost gasping at the years that have passed, and what I've learned along the way, good grief lol.

This thread was the old me, the new me has come a long way, after all the years that have passed. She WOKE UP! I finally like her, she ain't so bad

I think about all the things I've tried over the years, and still flipped back. Damn those hurt, don't they? Today I know what I wasn't doing. I wasn't really working a program, oh sure I'd pretend, or in my mind I honestly thought I was. That year taking anti depressants, which I remember so well. They were a blessing, it was the first time in my entire life, I felt what, I thought normal should feel like. They kept me sober, but I wasn't doing anything to keep that sobriety. The anti depressants started to give me bad side affects, and dummy me didn't go to the dr, so I went off of them, then slid right back to the old ways. So please heed the warning those who use them.

So dear newcomers, do everything in your power to stay on the sober path. It's less painful

Adding a quote, I love.

“Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world.
Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.”
~ RUMI

So dear ((((Newcomers)))) roll those sleeves up, we've got some work to do.
Old 02-02-2014, 12:54 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Many congrats on your lenghthy sobriety xxxxx