Notices

Vitamins-Do they really help?

Old 06-03-2007, 06:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Vitamins-Do they really help?

I was wanting to know if vitamins, especially B-12 helps, especially with getting your energy levels up after quitting alcohol- I was put on Campral several months ago and my doc said my B-12 count was very low, but other than that I didnt have any other health problems. of course I messed up was sober for 35 days and relapsed and I am starting over as of yesterday, so today is my second day with no alcohol.
Old 06-03-2007, 07:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I take a 500mg b-100 complex. I also take 1,000mg's of both C & E. I take a multi in tha am and a Calcium with D. The D helps the calcium absorbtion. I also take a 50 unit of COQ10. I take a combo after bfast, lunch and dinner.

Some people havce told me to try milk thistle and dandelion for liver detoxing. I have never done that. There is a book, I beleive it's called the 7day alcohol cure. I don't believe it either but it has some good supplement info for alcoholics.
Old 06-03-2007, 04:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I think vitamins help. especially the b's. I get a b-12 shot once a month.
I also take a multi vitamin, and calcium magnesium which has seemed to have a calming effect.

I know people that have found the use of milk thistle to be highly effective. Ive heard many stories of people having trouble with their livers and after taking the milk thistle, their enzyme levels went down and they looked and felt better.
Dandelion I thought was a blood cleanser?
Old 06-03-2007, 05:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

I was wondering the same thing.
I havent been taking any vitamins but was thinking about starting a multi vitamin.
I know in the past i have had b 12 shots and they really kick you in the butt. Almost better than starbucks.
Old 06-03-2007, 05:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I think vitamins help with cravings. Just my experience detoxing and various lengths of time being sober.
Old 06-03-2007, 05:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
believer

i am taking vitamins and ginkgo biloba..it does help for a clear mind...since i am a student....it helped me a lot....there are a lot of complexes on pharmacies, i asked for some advice and they gave me this complex to strengthen the brain. i think addictive behavior really affects brain activity so i am feeling a lot better....

take care