my two headaches...

Old 06-01-2007, 02:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

my two headaches...

I haven't been around a whole lot lately. Its been 15 days since I had brain surgery and I have been struggling with terrible headaches every day. I have tried three different pain meds and none of them work. Every once in a while I'll get a reprieve for a few precious hours but then the pain returns. It feels like someone took a baseball bat to the back of my head. My dr. assures me that the headaches will fade but its hard not to get depressed. I'm really trying to keep a positive attitude. Late yesterday I had a blissful four-hour reprieve. I went out and planted flowers in my front yard (my idea of fun and relaxation) and it was so wonderful. Recovery is going much slower than I ever anticipated but I haven't given up. I'm trying to think positive and trust that my HP will take care of me.

And the other headache...well...its my exah. I have been politely asking him to move out of my house for about 2 months now. I let him move in 'temporarily' about 6 months ago because I thought he was doing really well with his recovery. Of course, his actions failed to match up with his words and I realized in March that there is absolutely NO HOPE for a reconciliation. I fell into the trap of thinking he had changed but quickly realized that it wouldn't work. He kept insisting that he wanted to stay for my surgery. He has taken wonderful care of me...he really has...but its time for him to go. He will not go willingly. Well...his bi-yearly vacation check came in the mail yesterday and I hid it. I told him he'll get his check when all of his belongings are packed and he moves out of my house. He promises he will do it this weekend but he won't see the check until he is officially moved out. I don't have the physical or emotional strength to pack his stuff up and listen to his declarations of love for me and/or his typical pity party about how he has nowhere to go. Tough patootie, I say. I've been more than generous...I've been very patient...He's had all kinds of time to line something up for himself and he hasn't done it so the fact that he now has 'nowhere' to go is HIS problem...not mine.

I'm proud of how strong I've been despite my physical condition.

I just want my headaches...BOTH of them...to go away and leave me alone!!!

Just had to get this off my chest...
I haven't been around a whole lot but I have checked in from time to time and I've kept you all in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 06-01-2007, 02:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

OOLA,

I am sorry to hear you are still struggling with those headaches, it will just take time.We all heal differently.

As for your hubby, smart move, sometimes push comes to shove.

Take it slow, I hope you feel better soon.

Hugs,

Dolly
Old 06-01-2007, 03:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Limb, I am so glad you posted because I knew you had surgery and was hoping all went well.

It does take a long time to recover from surgery like that, but in time you should be good as new so just take it easy, okay.

And pain or not, your recovery is shining brightly. I hope your other headache goes away more quickly than your physical one. You've given it a good try and there somes a time for each of us when it's time to say "enough".

You are in my prayers and thoughts each day. Take good care of yourself and know that we're all hoping you feel better soon.

Hugs
Old 06-01-2007, 04:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

(((((OOAL)))))

Oh dahlin' Prayers going out for both of your headaches to go away. Good to hear from you. Take good care of yourself...
Old 06-01-2007, 05:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

ooal, Hopefully those for hours you had without the headache is a sign that the pain is SLOWLY starting to ease up. Take good care..!!!!!
Old 06-01-2007, 06:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
On a tear

(((OutonaLimb))) ... damn, I am so sorry you are having such a tough time.

My dr. assures me that the headaches will fade
You might keep a journal of times and intensity, so you can SEE the progress of the fading headaches? Perhaps today's headache will be intense until 2:00, but tomorrow's may ease off at 1:30... hard to notice if you don't have a record.

I am amazed at your ability to think so clearly regarding your OTHER pain. Good idea with the carrot and stick thing. Sounds like it might work, too.

Hoping the weekend brings some peace... in all areas.

((hugs))
Old 06-01-2007, 06:23 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

((Limb))

I am glad you popped in to let us know how you are. Smart thinking with the check - sometimes they need a bit of an "incentive" to take an action...

Good luck with the headaches. I know how debilitating they can be. Gardening is good medicine, though, isn't it?

Hugs

Cats
Old 06-01-2007, 06:58 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

((((((((((((OOAL)))))))))))))))

Sending gentle hugs and prayers. Hope you get rid of "those" headaches
asap.

Love to you,
Linda
Old 06-01-2007, 07:09 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

((((((Limb)))))
Planting flowers AND thinking to hide the check, too? You are my new hero!
~comfort & strength to you soon~ Nitelite
Old 06-01-2007, 07:13 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
let it grow!

hugs, limb....k
Old 06-01-2007, 07:25 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
'Round and 'Round I Go....

Out....I'm sorry for your two headaches. But you are showing such great strength in both areas. I hope the headaches fade away quickly.
Old 06-01-2007, 07:49 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hugs to you, limb. So sorry about your pain (both of them)

Great idea about the check, though.
I have a feeling that when THAT one is gone, the other headache may get better as well. Stress can't be helping you.

Love,
GiveLove
Old 06-01-2007, 08:58 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Starry Girl

I like the idea of a headache journal. Might help take some of the panicky-ness over the length of the healing process away.

I didn't know about exah, but what a pain for you! I'm sorry he's being a kook about leaving. You don't have to be responsible for packing his crap up. What you could do is take some of that money and hire a company to come in and pack all the stuff up and leave it outside and then have the locks changed.

How's the lil' guy handling all this? (((((((OOAL)))))) my sweet friend.