33 days in hospital

Old 05-30-2007, 06:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

33 days in hospital

AS is still in hospital from motorcyle accident and is still on no weight bearing status. He has been lifted out of bed a couple of times this week to sit in a recliner.

The cellulitus has cleared up, but the staph infection has not. The "count" was down from 9 to 8.2. I don't understand the medical terms, but know it should be at "0". (any medical folks out there that can enlighten me?) The doctor was pleased that it hadn't gotten worse.

X-rays were made on both arms and legs. Staples will be removed from left shoulder and right wrist tomorrow with a shorter cast put on the arm.

The hospital wants to release him to a nursing home until he's able to do rehab, but so far there isn't one that will take him without insurance or medicaid. The medicaid and disability have been applied for, but it could take many months.

The insurance company isn't getting anything done quickly and the other party is denying fault. This is one time I am in total agreement with son. I took photos of his skid marks and it's a no-brainer who is at fault, but I see a battle approaching, and we will fight to the end. Even if both policies paid the full amount, it wouldn't cover the first week of hospitalization.

I'm staying at home more now and don't feel the need to be there every night.
Still very concerned about the amount of pain medication being given though it is necessary. He has body jerks about every minute when he falls asleep and talks in his sleep. Seems to be nightmares.

It helps me to post the situation. Wish I had more time to do it daily and to respond to so many "newbies" on the site. I do think about you and the difficult situations that drug abuse can cause. May we all live in the peace we long for.
Washbe
Old 05-30-2007, 06:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
On a tear

(((Washbe))) This oldbie appreciates you just as you are. Prayers that this can be a real wake up call for your son and that you can get some rest.
Old 05-30-2007, 07:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Washbe, Don't worry about posting. Just take care of yourself and keep us updated. Still have you both in my prayers. Hugs, Marle
Old 05-30-2007, 07:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

(( wash )) (( wash's son ))

Prayers for rest, healing, patience, and just the right people to be put into your life and situation at JUST the right time. Imagine the powerful testimony your son will have when he's healed.

Hugs
Cats
Old 05-30-2007, 07:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Power is not having to respond

Hi washbe,
I have been following the situation with the accident.
He's over the roughest parts now, and is having to start the recovery process and healing, and you will be getting more rest. You need rest too.
I find when I have had to take powerful pain medication, that I am always jerking and gabbing in my "sleep".
I just wanted to let you know I will pray for you this evening that you will find rest in your body and spirit, peace in your heart and healing for your son.
I am so glad he's getting well.
Old 05-30-2007, 07:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Washbe, You and your son are always in my prayers. I don't know what state you are in (if in US) but if you feel the situation with the insurance gets particularly difficult and would like to provide a little more info via PM, I would be happy to give you some suggestions and contacts. (I mean from a regulatory agency perspective... phone numbers, names if they are states I work with, etc.)

It's good that he is out of the woods and, I believe, well on the way to healing. I'm glad you are getting some rests now too. Lots of hugs, prayers and positvie thoughts for both of you.
Old 05-30-2007, 08:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

washbe,thanks for the update. i am still praying for you both.hugs,hope
Old 05-30-2007, 08:53 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Washbe, I will keep you and your son in my prayers.

I would like to suggest, that it might be time to hire an attorney to handle all of this. You have two opposing insurance companies and that can be h*ll. And your son could end up getting screwed. Time to find an attorney that 'deals' in accident cases.

Again, prayers going out for you and your son.

Love and hugs,
Old 05-31-2007, 03:04 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

(((Washbe))) You and your son are always in my prayers.

I am glad that you are taking good care of you through all this, and I just have a good feeling that as awful as this all has been for you and your son, that something very good will come of it. God's blessings are often strangely wrapped, and I have a feeling that there is a big blessing in here somewhere. Perhaps your son's life will take on new meaning that will bring him to a better path and inspire those around him.

Keep sharing when you can, we're here, we care and we love you.

Hugs
Old 05-31-2007, 06:33 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Ann, I do hope there is a an incredible message here that son will be willing to accept and share with others.

Laurie, we are holding off on the attorney for now due to the large portion an atty. would collect. Both parties only had $20,000 BI. His hospital bill has far exceeded this amount. Hopefully, Medicaid will kick in at some point and will give backpay to hospital. I don't want the hospital to lose so much money on son, but selfishly, I would like to see son recover some amount. His life will never be the same (not that that is a bad thing). It needed to change, but I was hoping for a different way.

Wascal, perhaps it is the medication making son jerk in sleep. As much as I hate the meds, better it be that than some other problem.

Greet, sent you a pm.

Thanks to all of you for your support. You are always in my heart.
Washbe