up & down

Old 05-26-2007, 07:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

up & down

I haven't been able to get to a meeting yet. Hopefully there will be one monday here. I come here alot everyday, and it has helped me so much. so, is it normal to have such extreme rollercoaster emotions? I mean, like yesterday I felt such peace. I even talked to AH without wanting to reach thru the phone and choke the living **** outa him. He is so very arrogant. I didn't even say anything when he told me he cured himself. took a drug test to prove it. doesn't need counseling. Today, I could not stop crying. I felt so good yesterday. I felt I could do or be anything. sorry to be so whiney, I am frustrated.
Old 05-26-2007, 07:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

it is a roller coaster ride with an addict all the time. keep comming back & reading.with our recovery we can get off that ride as we learn to take care of our selves & leave the addict to take care of themselves. prayers, hope
Old 05-26-2007, 07:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes the rollercoaster emotions are normal. With time they will even out and eventually you will come to a place where most of your life will be lived with peace. But it usually doesn't happen as long as you continue to have contact with the addict. Letting go is a pretty good place to start. Sorry for your pain. Hugs, Marle
Old 05-26-2007, 08:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I would rather not see or talk to him either, but am trying to get this divorce stuff done. The more we do ourselves, the less for the attorneys. One good thing about coming here that has helped me is I am learning to pray again. I just love the prayers you share here!
Old 05-27-2007, 05:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Boy, I know where you are! Trying to do the divorce thing without too much help from the lawyers...AH is of course leaving it all up to me. Saturday he nearly flipped when I told him how much child support was- of course he doesn't believe it's the law, it's my lawyer and me out to get him!
Well, lets strap on our seat belts and get the last ride on the coaster over. I'll be thinking of you!
Old 05-27-2007, 07:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

thanks all,
he is actually being nice! (for now). Since coming here, I've changed how I talk to him, and that helps. he even volunteed to chainsaw firewood for me! I gotta take advantage of this whil I can. Do you know how hard it is to chainsaw with carpal tunnel! I'm like I Love Lucy with a chainsaw! LOL It's soooo cold here today. Where the heck is summer?
Old 05-27-2007, 08:24 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

Getting There,

Honey, you sound so normal, so like a person who is dealing with an addiction.
The rollercoaster ride is part of it, but let me assure you that it can get better. Oh, how I know about the peaks and dips of the rollercoaster, but by going to meetings and reading here, my rollercoaster ride isn't nearly as bad these days.

I read a devotional one time that spoke so much about this. Just remember, that you will have the ups and downs, but if you work your program of recovery, the rollercoaster starts to level out. And remember, with your HP in charge, you will NEVER derail.

Hold on tight, dear heart. It's a wild ride but there are many of us here who are living proof that you can survive.

Hugs,
Hangin' In
Old 05-28-2007, 05:11 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

YOu are completely normal! Up/ down....up/down.....that is how it will be for a while until you can get a handle on yourself and the situation. Even then, you think you have it under control, and something will happen that will set you off again. Just ride with it and let the emotions go. The more you try to control, the wilder your thoughts will get. Just observe them and let go....it is all you can do.
((HUGS))
Old 05-28-2007, 06:47 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

oh man, roller coaster is right, gosh, what is worse than a roller coaster??? It was only when I went on anti depressants that things evened out for me and I was able to start seeing things clearly. the problem with dealing with an addict is that they are in this illogical, temporarily insane, mind set and it can be infectious, except we don't have the drugs to numb us out when things get bad, we just have to ride it through. There were times when I envied the exabf for having that escape and I wished I had something that would numb me for a while.