Boyfriend addicted to oxys I need advise

Old 05-23-2007, 11:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Boyfriend addicted to oxys I need advise

I met this guy 5 mouths ago and started dadting him 2 1/2 mouths ago. at first he justb said he smoked weed, then he told me he was going through withdraws from oxys. I thought he was quitting. he always talks about how hard being sober is and he gets high or drunk every weekend and sometimes in the week he doesnt tell me some times unless i guess. I try to be suportive and he says he wants to quit but i dont know what to do. he says he would go through counseling but he is afraid of losing his kids. I just wondered if theres anyway I can help him. I reallycare about him but cant get to serious I have a daughter myself and if he doesnt quit i might have to end it. we go to school togather for electricity so no matter what happens we have to see each other every day till january. any advise is welcomethank you very much.
Old 05-23-2007, 12:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
How about posting this in Friends & Family Of Substance Abusers? You'll probably get much more help and advice there, and you shouldn't be posting in the Men's Room anyway;-) Lol

My best to the both of you:-)
Old 05-23-2007, 12:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

For your daughter's sake and your own it would seem best NoT to stay involved with an addict. until he is able to end his love affair with the drugs he won't be capable of a love-affair that is nurturing. YOU CAN'T fix, rescue or help him. Look for someone as healthy as you are. Believe me he will understand because the wreckage of his past will include others who detached due to his addiction.
Old 05-23-2007, 12:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I don't know how to say this nicely but I think you would be better off if you didn't become more involved. My daughter is my addict and she started with oxy's. Very, very hard drug to get off from and the addiction eventually led her to heroin and crack. Oxy's are expensive. My daughter and her then abf went through a lot of money in a short time. Take care of you and your daughter. You really don't want to expose her to the life of a drug addict. Hugs, Marle
Old 05-23-2007, 03:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Reg flag alert, they are everywhere in your post. Please don't go forward with him. Your first priorty is your child, period...she does not deserve to be exposed to this chaos.

Do what's right for her, it is your responsibility.