Notices

PAWS (Post Acute Withdrawl Syndrome)

Old 05-20-2007, 06:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

PAWS (Post Acute Withdrawl Syndrome)

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone knew about PAWS. It is said that the first 90 days are the hardest.I had been abstinent from alcohol for 94 days and fell off one day and got back on the wagon. If I feel off one day, does anyone know if PAWS starts back to the beginning again? Does it work that way?

I am now back on the wagon for 57 days and I am so emotional and cry at the stop of hat!

Thanks for any info.
Old 05-20-2007, 07:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Glad to see you are back on track.Hugs

Here is the PAWS link...

http://www.tlctx.com/ar_pages/paw_part1.htm

I don't know Sorry

Have you spoken to your doctor on this?
What... if anything... are you doing to enhance your sobriety?

Keep in focus....Blessings
Old 05-20-2007, 09:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Here is the PAWS link...[url]http://www.tlctx.com/ar_pages/paw_part1.htm[/url>>

Yes. Thank you. I am familiar with this site...actually this is how I know I am experiencing PAWS; by the information on this site.

What... if anything... are you doing to enhance your sobriety?>> I am active in AA; weekly mtgs, etc. Its just the emotional rollercoaster...I start to cry at the simpliest things. I forget simple things and have trouble making the simplest decisions...I was just trying to gear how much longer this my take... I was hoping that my body would not start over...from 1 days relapse.

They say, everyone's journey is different!

Day 57.
Old 05-20-2007, 09:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
tangled up in blue

Hi. =) I'm not sure if everyone goes back to the beginning. I was sober for almost a month and then a few days ago, I took a drug. To me, it feels like starting over again. I'm anxious and paranoid and that's how I was when I first started out. I don't know if everyone is like that, though. Good luck.
Old 05-20-2007, 10:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yeah, I don't know if the clock gets re-set.

I do know that when I started drinking again after 8 weeks of sobriety, that the withdraws were worse then the last time.

Just stick it out with AA. I suggest you go to more than one meeting a week. Go as often as you drank.

After you get into your step work, that emotional rollercoaster subsides. The anxiety and depression leseen, and you no longer crave.

My obsession was lifted at the 3rd step, and I had my first taste of serinity then. Since then, I've worked all the way through the steps (it took about 90 days) and I've experienced first hand "The Promises". It works, it really does. But it takes work, and time.