Notices

So I drank again...sigh... )-:

Old 05-19-2007, 08:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
61'st day sober as of:12/18/07

Unhappy So I drank again...sigh... )-:

Hi everyone

I hate to say it but I drank again. I woke up sober and feeling good for a change but then later in the evening I drank quite a few gin & Sprites.

Now I'm hungover and feel just awful in so many different ways.

I want to quit for good so bad but I am finding it impossible. I can drink every other day or even go a week or two sometimes but I can never really quit it seems.

I can't go to AA or other such place either because I am severely agoraphobic and shy...even terrified...of other people.

I can't take Naltrexone because it makes me very short of breath and has other side effects and Campral doesn't seem to work at all.

My whole life has become a train wreck and I just don't know what to do. I'm at my wit's end with this.

I could just cry )-: . Thanks for listening.

- Need4Change
Old 05-19-2007, 08:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It happens to the best of us, just try not to do it again today.

It take some of us longer than others to get it right.

How long have you been trying?

S
Old 05-19-2007, 08:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

I suffered from sever agoraphobia and anxiety also..when it came time to stop using and start living and getting help...I was terrified. I used this site alot..but I also made it to a few meetings. Thought I woudl die, but I didn't. Now, ultimately i haven't used a 12 step program. I researched and reached out to everthing and everyone that had something to say about addiction/recovery issues and I kept at it...I fell and I cried, and I swore I woudl die and it was IMPOSSIBLE to make it......until finally I just decided to do each moment, each day the next 'rigth' thing..easier said than done for sure....the 'right' thing obviosly is not drinking/using..but HOW do we stop doing that? The desire seems to have an engine and will of its own....I used alot of cognitive behavioral therapy and challenging my various belief systems. Addictions bring with it many many erroneous concepts that just do not hold true as we explore sobriety and how WE can achieve it....for instance...(and I can relate! been there...done that) I am agoraphobic....I cannot get help anywhere because the fear and discomfort of the panic will be too much. In actuality there ARE ways to work through this...Medications, therapy, exercise and diet can really help. I can only share what worked for me, it is not the gospel or the only way......kep posting, many here know exactly what you're going through and have exceptional advise and wisdom to share. Friednship and support too...So, stick around, keep posting......there ARE solutions...no matter how fra down you think you are.....there IS a way to peace of mind and sanity.
I am so glad you're here......you've come to the right place that's for sure.

******{Warmest Comforting Hugs}}}}
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
1731f.jpg (10.6 KB, 45 views)
Old 05-19-2007, 08:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

In some areas...you can call your local AA and they will have
2 members come to your home.

Are you doing any on line structured recovery program?

"severely agoraphobic and shy...even terrified...of other people"
what are you doing for this condition?

Blessings and Hugs
Old 05-19-2007, 08:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Cause no harm

Compassion and hope sent to you from a fellow human being.

Peace—
Old 05-19-2007, 08:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
let it grow!

hey need, thinking about you. don't lose hope. blessings, k
Old 05-19-2007, 09:03 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I think Carol's suggestion was an excellent one. If you can't go out, bring someone in. Would this work for you? Never give up.
Old 05-19-2007, 09:42 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi,

There is lots of support and information here at SR, so you can always hang out here for awhile and read and share.

Also, Carol's question about what are you doing for your severe agorophobia is a really good one. Have you talked to a dr and asked for advice on how to deal with that. I know that I had to get my depression controlled with meds before I could stop drinking.
Old 05-19-2007, 10:37 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Cool

I was basically a binge drinker, I could go a week without drinking, then I would feel great and decide to try having a drink, which would lead to 4 to 7 days in a row, drunk. I am presently going to an Out Paient program,, which I am enjoying. It's giving me a support group, ontop of which I am now religiously going to AA meetings. If you're not comfortable with one meeting you went to, try another one, that's what I did and found a smaller tight nit group that I really like. In the past I have gone as long as 6 months, then relapsing. To be honest with you, I'm just sick and tired of thinking I can have just one or two drinks, I've finally admitted to myself that I am Powerless over Alcohol, when I use it... my life becomes unmanageable.
Never give up, try to find some sober friends to help you and talk with you.

Bill...
Old 05-19-2007, 01:52 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thank you. You are people are just wonderful

Well, this afternoon, I have been experiencing dizziness, lightheadedness and anxiety. I also had a frightening panic attack and ended up taking an Ativan for it.

Thanks again folks.
Old 05-19-2007, 01:53 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, kahala. Glad you're here.

Feel better soon, need4change.
Old 05-19-2007, 02:03 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I feel really bad because everyone has responded with such supportive and meaningful posts and all I can do is respond with a 2-paragraph post complaining about my dizziness, etc. I just don't have much energy right now and my other health problems are beginning to flare up again which is really depressing. Otherwise I'd say more. I swear, I don't know what I'd do without this place.

- Regards, Need4Change
Old 05-19-2007, 02:10 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

(((((((((need4change)))))))))

It's okay..........we truly understand. I have a lot of health/chronic pain problems and some days I can barely function. It''s alright.

Just take this (((HUGE HUG))) and we can all chat when ya feelin better.....

Angels on your pillow tonight, I hope you feel better soon.