See what extreme codiesm does

Old 05-18-2007, 10:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

See what extreme codiesm does

This woman was in news a few months back, her boyfriend was a crack addict and ahd just spent his pay on crack, she'd been trying to get him to stop and tossed gasoline on him to hopefully wet the crack However had a cigarette in his hand.

Woman who set boyfriend ablaze, killing him, gets 8 years in prison

STAFF REPORT

DAYTONA BEACH — An Ormond Beach woman who poured gasoline on her boyfriend, which ignited and burned him to death, was sentenced to eight years in prison today.
Judge William Parsons found that Karianne Cregar should have known pouring gasoline on her boyfriend, A.J. Cregar, while he was holding a lighter and high on crack cocaine could lead to his death.

A.J. Cregar, 33, suffered severe burns in the Sept. 9 fire. Karianne Cregar pleaded no contest to manslaughter Thursday to get a maximum of eight years in prison instead of the 15 years she could have gotten under that conviction.

Karianne, 31, who has the same last name as A.J. because she had been married to his brother, said she doused A.J. after an argument about his drug use. She said she was trying to get the crack in his pocket wet.

Cregar was taken to jail from the courtroom. She had been free on bail since the incident.
Old 05-18-2007, 10:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well I have to admit the is some truth to what the article said. If he had a lit cigareete and to dump him with gas??? She could have used her soda, the garden hose, something else besides gas. But at the same time I also have to wonder if she wasnt doing it out of spite? Im mean really? Who would pick up gasoline and throw it on anyone? Gas is very toxic even to breath in much less wear it. Im sorry for him and for her too.
Old 05-18-2007, 10:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I agree Gwen the original article when it happen though stated she'd come back from getting gas for the lawn mower, she happened to ahve gas can in her hand as she got out of car. I truly believe she wasnt thinking she just reacted with what she had
Old 05-18-2007, 10:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That Judge is known for giving out maximum sentences. I agree with the sentence 100%, but its sad how everyones effected
Old 05-18-2007, 10:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
On a tear

I can imagine the chaos of addiction played into this - but I agree with GwenMarie... how many of us would throw gasoline at anyone for any reason? And how many of us have an open container of gasoline right at hand?

I think it was her defense... but I would have had to been at the trial to see if I believed it or not. Based only on the article above, I don't.

Oh, cinda, just saw your response to Gwen... well, that adds some credibility, but I would probably have to be convinced - and if she only got 8 years, perhaps the jury had some doubts....
Old 05-18-2007, 10:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

I remember when this happened. I was not at a good place at the time and thought to myself how crazy crack makes us and to what extreme it brings us to. She was not right doing that of course not and anyone in their right mind wouldnt do that either but she was probably sicker than her own husband with her issues.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:03 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I firmly believe there are two sides to every story. I guess she may have not been thinking. But in lieu of her actions she did kill someone. Also as for the fact she got the maximum of 8 years, from my understanding, a fist time of serving jail time you do 15% of the mandated sentance. So if she got 8 years, then she will do approximately 2 months on every year she got and will do a year and a half approximately. She will then come out on parole.

It is sad story of addiction and codism.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:27 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GwenMarie30 View Post
I firmly believe there are two sides to every story. I guess she may have not been thinking. But in lieu of her actions she did kill someone. Also as for the fact she got the maximum of 8 years, from my understanding, a fist time of serving jail time you do 15% of the mandated sentance. So if she got 8 years, then she will do approximately 2 months on every year she got and will do a year and a half approximately. She will then come out on parole.

It is sad story of addiction and codism.

Not exactly in Florida she will do 6.45 years with the way things are currently, before parole. I do think she deserves it, atleast for her she was charged with manslaughter.

I do want to apologize above, just got inside info straight from prosecutors office, never released was that she watched him burn more than 20 minutes. And the can wasnt in her hand she did go to the car for it. She was distraught but it was nt justa reaction as I originally thought
Old 05-18-2007, 11:42 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

The gas story is something else.. and that is what drugs, addiction and codeism can do.. it is a nutty cycle.

The most codie behavior story I ever read was the girl astronaut who drove cross country in a diaper to get at her "beloved's" girl friend..

Now THAT is codie to the core...... Can you imagine if there had been drugs involved?

Fixating on another to the exclusion of all else is so...so... CODIE... My gosh.. there are what.. 6 billion people on this planet? Certainly you can find someone else or make a different choice!
Old 05-18-2007, 11:44 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

an aside:

the average jail time served for murder used to be around 7 years.
the average jail time for Tax evasion was around 25 years....

And we wonder why things are a mess?
Old 05-18-2007, 11:49 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Adding to Elanas point a criminal gets less actual time for rape than drug possession
Old 05-18-2007, 02:34 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

I often wonder if anyone would actually blame me if I started firebombing the crackhouses the abf frequents. This morning I wanted to just go shot the people he uses with and buys from, and I thought "would a jury really convict me for murdering those people??"

But then I think, my anger is really at my abf and not them, they don't force him to use, he makes that choice all by himself. And, you know, after having spent all the time I have here I often think about all those people he uses with, and realize that they are someone's kid, they are someone's boyfriend or girlfriend, brother or sister, and that those people are agonizing over this just like I am.

I mean, I might call one of them a skank or a crack *****, and then I think about the mothers of addicts that come here and I think that those people could be one of the children of someone right here, and you know what, all of these addicts are people just like we are....and they all deserve to be loved by someone.
Old 05-18-2007, 06:24 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Power is not having to respond

Thanks for this post. It shows all to perfectly how the cycle of addiction affects everyone. We the non drug users get caught up in the user's drama and wind up going right down the tubes with them.
More proof of just how much WE need help too.