Update on Sister in Law

Old 05-16-2007, 06:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Update on Sister in Law

Thanks so much for the support & prayers - our family really appreciates it.

Barbara is still in the hospital recovering. She did finally start talking to her husband yesterday afternoon around 5:00 - tried to smile & make a few jokes. Still in a lot of pain. She is under observation and monitoring.

I saw a picture of her bus on the news this morning - It was nauseating. The Imparied Driver is in custody and has been charged with the following charges:
THIRD Offense DWI
Child Endangerment
Negligent Injury
Drug Possession
Driving Left of Center
Driving under Suspension
and
No Child Restraint

This man is only 33 yrs old.

Also found out yesterday two children in the Jeep with him. Ages 7 & 12. One had to have stiches in the collar bone area & the other some problems with the liver. The news media didn't release any updated information on the children. Prayerfully they are doing better.

Today, my emotions are all over the charts. As much as I know about the disease, I'm still pretty angry. And yet, it scares me, too. I guess because I know just how easily it could have been one of my A's driving that vehicle. And that makes me sad. So I'm angry, scared, sad - but most of all once again - POWERLESS over alcohol and addiction.
Damn that sucks. (sorry, for the language - just couldn't think of another way to say it.)

Wishing you and yours peace and safety,
Rita
Old 05-16-2007, 06:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
let it grow!

hugs and prayers to you and your family - drunk driving is one of the most horrific acts i can think of. what gives people the right..

k
Old 05-16-2007, 07:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
On a tear

(((Rita)))
Old 05-16-2007, 07:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

(((((((Rita)))))))

My prayers are still with you and your family! How very sickening to anyone's stomach that this could happen! But you are correct we are POWERLESS! Shame but true!

I pray she will pull through this!!
Old 05-16-2007, 07:07 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank God it wasn't worse! I'm so glad she is doing better. I'm not understanding why these horrible accidents always reveal that the drunk driver had a string of prior arrests. My husband came home late last night from work saying that a guy he works with here in NY got a call at work telling him his 20 year old daughter was killed in a car accident the night before in Florida. What a horror! She was hit and killed by someone drunk.
This hit home with my husband, I think he realized that someone who drives drunk would have nothing much to say if his own child got killed by a drunk driver. He was very quiet all night. When something like this happens, it just sits there being exactly what it is.
Old 05-16-2007, 10:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you for the update, been thinking of you and your family.
Caring hugs
Old 05-16-2007, 10:50 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Keep us posted. You and your family are in my thoughts and my prayers.
Old 05-16-2007, 10:58 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
ICU

Sorry I didn't respond earlier.

I will keep Barbara and your whole family in my thoughts and prayers.

This is one of those God awful decisions I would wrestle with in the past. It could very easily have been my ex driving that vehicle that hit Barbara. I don't think I ever could have forgiven myself if it had been him driving drunk and I did nothing to stop it, even by just calling the police. Thank God I don't have to wrestle with that amongst other things like it any more.
Old 05-16-2007, 11:24 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thank you for the update. Prayers are with Barbara and your family; as well as the innocent children involved.

Angels have walked beside me
All my life--and they still do.