Hey Gang!

Old 05-15-2007, 10:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

Smile Hey Gang!

Well, I wanted to take a quick second to let you all know Roxy and I made in to Florida in one piece. I didn't even get lost this time!!

My daughter is miserable in her last month of pregnancy and I've been doing EVERYTHING imaginable to make things better for her. She's always hugging my neck and telling me how happy she is that I'm here.

I'm staying with my mom while I work and my daughter is watching roxy. Who can afford to drive 200 miles a day with gas at over $3 a gallon??

Guess what??? My mom's neighbor works a lot and has given me his pug puppy!!!!! Now I have 2. Roxy will have company!!!!!!!!!! These mean kids always walk by and throw rocks at the poor baby and taunt him. I talked to his owner who admitted he hasn't the time for the dog and doesn't want to see anything bad happen to him. I told him I'd take the dog with me to the country. I'm so excited. I knew I'd need to own a ranch one day.

No news is good news and I haven't had any problems with "you know who". I have heard that he is attending NA meetings twice a week though and is doing quite well. My prayer for him has always been recovery.

Well...........that's sort of it. LOL Not as exciting as it normally would be, but I suppose boring can also mean peaceful and that's a good thing.

Thinking of you all daily, keeping you in my thoughts and prayers always and will be getting some pictures really soon.
Lots of hugs
Kris
Old 05-15-2007, 10:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Thanks for the update, Kris, been wondering how your trip was going. Congrats on the puppy! I'll bet Roxy's real happy;-)

Stay calm, gentle, and peaceful. We need pics!!!
Old 05-15-2007, 10:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
grateful rca

thanks for the update, glad everything seems to be going well, i'm also glad to hear that you haven't had any problems with you know who. i think that its great that roxy is now gonna have someone to play with. i'm still praying for you, your daughter and the new baby.
Old 05-15-2007, 11:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

Yo girl! Good to hear from you!

A second pug.. OH boy are YOU in trouble! Two pugs thinking is going to be a heckuva a lot of thinking dogs to deal with!

I am looking for a dog myself. I have the fence up etc. Been looking and analyzing etc.

I am glad you can be there with your Daughter.

Sounds like you are giving us nothing but good news! That is great. Wait until you drive up here to NY to see us now that you have the directions thing figured out!

The price of gas is an issue. Still, it beats walking from TX to FL!

So glad you stopped in to let us know how its going!
Old 05-15-2007, 11:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Glad all is well. Keep in touch and let me know when you have time for a weekend get away, amybe we can meet in the middle
Old 05-15-2007, 02:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Well I am sure Noah is just tickled pink about the new addition! I can see his smiling face now Glad to hear yet sad to hear u didnt get lost and end up in my neighborhood well there is still a trip back to TX. Glad to hear all is well with u know who. Talk to u soon.
Old 05-15-2007, 04:01 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Kris,
I'm glad you made it safely. Roxy won't be the center of attention now with another pug around. Hopefully she will like the new pup.
Hope your daughter does not drive you to crazy before the baby is born. Can't wait to see pictures of him.
Hugs
Old 05-15-2007, 04:48 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

Hey, you!

Happy to hear things are going way, and ya didn't get lost once.
Good for you.
I went to see my daughter a couple of weeks ago. It was sooo good to visit and hold her and tell her to brush her teeth. Nah, just kiddin'. I tried not to give unwanted advice. Ha! Yeah, right.
So, you've adopted a new baby, huh? I would love to have another dog in our lives, but I'll tell ya, I work 40 hrs. a week, hubby works 55, and there's no one else here besides Roscoe (the cat). I wouldn't be able to give the attention and love it would deserve.
I love dogs, but am truly a cat person. They work well with codies.
Roflmao...
Old 05-16-2007, 05:22 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

nice to hear from you, glad your safe and sound
Old 05-16-2007, 05:30 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

(((loves))))

I'm glad to hear you made it safely.......hugs to your daughter! My mom (she had six kids) has always said that when your at 9 months, your ready to just have it and not be miserable anymore!
Old 05-16-2007, 05:46 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
A work in progress....

Great to hear from you; I've been thinking of you and your grandbaby. Let us know!
Old 05-16-2007, 06:00 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

kris,

so glad to *hear* from you - i have to tell you - the other day a blonde was driving her little honda civic with her pug sticking their lil head out the window - i thought of you - she even had a head scarve and big *jackie o* glasses - did you drive through indiana - the north side - on your way home?

hope your daughters impending arrival is quick and painless (yeah right) - have fun...

love,
s
Old 05-16-2007, 07:37 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thx for the update! Don't forget pics of your new pup! Did Roxy meet him yet?
The perpetual dog lover, Barb
Old 05-16-2007, 08:41 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
'Round and 'Round I Go....

So glad to hear that you are doing well. Can't wait to see pictures of grandbaby No. 1 and Puppy No. 2.
Driving from Texas to Florida will seem like a walk in the park to you after a few more trips back and forth.
Old 05-16-2007, 10:14 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Living in the light

Kris, it's great hearing from you. Your special Grandma day isn't far a way, right?
Hope all goes well for Mom and sweet baby. Enjoy pug heaven too. Haha
Old 05-16-2007, 10:25 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
cmc

Hey there Loves!
I'm glad everything is going so well! Thanks for checking in here!
hugs,
cmc
Old 05-16-2007, 09:22 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad the trip and life was/is peaceful and uneventful....well except for the new baby and the baby to be. Congrats on the pup...Roxy should love having another buddy. I'm also glad to hear that you know who may be doing well. No one deserves the life of addiction and it is great if he is finally finding his way out. hugs and prayers
Old 05-17-2007, 05:25 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Got an update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We're 1 centimeter dialated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Who knows..............we might be having a baby sooner than we thought although I know she could stay that way for weeks.

I'm so giddy over all of this.
Old 05-17-2007, 05:35 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

Why not just take the video cam with you and then post the WMV link here on SR (I am SURE your Daughter would SOOOO appreciate your thoughtfulness and SHARING.... especially wiht SOUND...... LOL)?
Old 05-17-2007, 05:38 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I already thought of that Elana.........but was told that video camera's aren't allowed in the delivery room nor can you take pictures of the birth........some sort of malpractice evidence thing.