update........and shocking visit

Old 05-14-2007, 07:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

update........and shocking visit

so today I was called in for an ordered by the doctor family meeting...............where they ask alot of questions and then tell me they have decided to release AH from the involuntary treatment..............I tell them I dodnt think they should but they do anyhow

So AH tells me hes going inpatient and I have him sign and have notorized a temporary custody paper giving me temp custody of his child................take him to the rehab, and they say come back tomorrow............so I take him to his sponsor...........and left him there.
I get home and the little one goes with family friend to play basketball and my sons out with friends I'm next door helping a sick neighbor when my cell rings and its my daughter..........two police and CPS are at my house.........so I run home and low and behold............the hospital called cps and said AH had been baker acted and told them he couldnt get his addiction under control and blah blah blah ........so they the hospital ( WHO CHOOSE TO RELEASE HIM) callled CPS and told them all this so they had to investigate

Thank you Go*/ HP that He was not here, that I had him sign that paper and that the investigator said looks like you are doing all that you can and the childs safe I see no problem here, he turned over custody on his own thats a positive start...........
oh yeah though, my son wasnt here so I was informed that they will be going to his school to check with him"just a formality" the investigator said...................URRRRGGGG they took pictures of the child and my fridge and my childrens rooms............................( and after my weekend from hell they werent even made to clean them yet

It really makes me sick to think that not onky could someone take his child from ME I never thought that they could investigate MINE!!!! I dont do drugs, I have professional job I am a good mother..................but you'd never believe that when you realise I married a crack addict..................what the hell was I thinking?

Pray for us....................I really need it!!!
Old 05-14-2007, 07:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Praying for you and your family, Liesagain. You are doing all the right things, as hard as it is. Keep doing the next right thing and things will start getting better soon. Prayers also for your AH that this will be his time to seek recovery.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
grateful rca

i think you are doing good too. keeping you and your family in my prayers
Old 05-14-2007, 08:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A work in progress....

Praying for you tonight. You are doing all the right things; keep your chin up. You are a good mother and the authorities will see that. I know it must suck to feel like you are being investigated. I'm sorry this happened.

((((HUGS))))
Old 05-15-2007, 03:32 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Prayers coming your way. Hugs, Marle
Old 05-15-2007, 04:04 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Oh boy, every Mom's worse nightmare. That's one of the problems with addiction, it's tenacles reach far and wide.

I know you are a good Mom, and that everything will be fine.

You and your family are in my prayers.
Old 05-15-2007, 04:51 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I never realized how much being in their midst affected me until the last few weeks. Iwas depressed and didn't even know it. I am so glad that this child has you. Take care. Marian
Old 05-15-2007, 05:35 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

praying for you too, i'm sure that cps will see that you are doing the right thing and that are a wonderful mother and everything will turn out OK. keeping your family in my thoughts.
jenna
Old 05-15-2007, 06:47 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
On a tear

((((liesagain)))) I am sorry you had to go through this.
Old 05-15-2007, 03:45 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

That really stinks!!!

You're a great mom and it sounds like you're doing everything right...
Instead of being angry over the investigation (I don't blame you for being angry...I would be too)...Try to see a blessing in the fact that there is a CPS out there who can step in and protect the children when the sober parents fails to do so. Unfortunately, there are alot of kids out there who are exposed to addiction with no one to protect them. Thank God this isn't the case with your children!!! I'm sure CPS will be able to see this in your case...

Hugs to a great mom...
Old 05-15-2007, 04:48 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Power is not having to respond

You really are shining in your strength. You have so much on you right now. I hope things get quiet for you and you find some peace.