As Got Locked Up!!

Old 05-14-2007, 11:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

As Got Locked Up!!

Well Just A Day After I Posted About Thinking Of Pressing Charges For As Breaking In , He Calls At 12pm To Tell Me Hes Locked Up. Seems He And Agf Were Doing Footballs( Would Someone Tell Me What That Is By The Way) He Didnt Tell Me Any Of This, This Came From Other Sources, Anyway They Get Into It, Hes Hitting Her, Shes Hitting Him, The Cops Show Up, They Find A Glass Pipe And Brillo Pads In His Truck, (someone Please Explain This As Well), They Put Him In Jail And Hes Charged With Drug Paraphanelia And Domestic Abuse. He Cant Believe I Wont Bail Him Out. His Court Date Is The 21st And Mrs Lake And I Have Decided To Leave Him Until Then. Hes Called Me Three Times And His Brother Once, He Still Doesn't Understand Why We Want To Help Him But Cant. Jail Time Is A First For Us, The Other Time We Bailed Him Out Immedaitely, Its Really Very Hard, Especially For Mrs Lake On Mothers Day, Oldest Son Came In, Youngest Was There And The Middles In Jail.
Old 05-14-2007, 11:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Laketime the brillo pads and pipe is crack paraphenalia. Not sure bout what footballs are.
Those collect calls get very expensive.
Any an locked up addict is very whiiney, for now he's safe, likely drug free. and eating 3 meals a day. Something to be happy for. He's gonna go through lots of emotions, from anger to hatred to crying in teh days ahead. It always took my AH 3 weeks to calm down. COurse here court takes 6 to 8 weeks.
Old 05-14-2007, 11:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I agree its the best thing for him right now.

Footballs? I have heard of speedballs that when u do a hit of heroin and chase it with a crack hit. Not sure.

Maybe this will give him a few days to see where drugs have gotten him and sometime for reflection.
Old 05-14-2007, 11:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

speedballs.. my step step grandmother (dont ask) her son was doing speedballs and had a heart attak at 29. Its been 6 months, he'll never walk again. If thats what they were going be happy he's in jail
Old 05-14-2007, 11:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I Dont Know Speedballs Maybe, Agf Told Little Brother Footballs Thats What Mrs Lake Told Me But Who Knows Words Can Get Changed When Passed Around, It Could Have Been Speedballs
Old 05-14-2007, 11:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I Just Looked Up Footballs On The Drug Slang Website, It Stated They Were Amphetmines
Old 05-14-2007, 11:42 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sometime I think xanax is referred at footballs too. Who knows it wouldnt be the first time I am totally wrong. Hopefully someon will come along with the right info.
Old 05-14-2007, 11:42 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Well that answers that. Thanks
Old 05-14-2007, 11:44 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Kj0975, Youre Probably Right I Know Hes Taken Xanex Before
Old 05-14-2007, 11:46 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

My RAH's doc is xanax....I've heard them called footballs before too...
Old 05-14-2007, 11:50 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

As far as the "footballs" terminology goes, why don't you ask him:

1) What are footballs?
2) Why does he assume you know what they are? As if this is a normal activity or substance?

Let him think about this.

Let us know his answer(s).

Hang in there, I know its tough.
Old 05-14-2007, 11:50 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Xanax is my DOC and Ive never seen anyone get into a fight while taking them. Except maybe if they are drinking alot
Old 05-14-2007, 12:06 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

((Laketime))

Hate this so much for you & Mrs. Lake - every day is difficult to have a loved one that is addicted - but some how the holidays seem to hurt a little more. That chair for the missing addict always seems a little emptier on a holiday.

Hope both of you are able to "Let Go & Let God", plus really take good care of yourselves at this painful time -seems it might be a very good time for lots of self care (recovery wise)

Wishing you peace,
Rita
Old 05-14-2007, 12:13 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Lake, Sorry this happened when it did, but trust that there is a reason for it. Good for you to not bail him out. He needs to sit with his consequences for a while. Addicts have so many interesting drug combinations nowadays it is hard to keep up. Whatever he was using, you know it is neither normal nor good for him. What did the cops think about the age factor here. Seems that they could add an extra charge such as endangering a minor or something. I will keep you all in my prayers. Marle
Old 05-14-2007, 12:15 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I'm sorry Lake...and sorry for Mrs. Lake who had to have her Moms day spoiled.
If its any comfrot, he's safe...sometimes our prayers are answered in ways very different than what we expected.
Hang in there
((((hugs))))
Cece
Old 05-14-2007, 12:16 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

The brillo is used to hold the rock of crack. Then they smoke the brillo. Yuck, no wonder that they cough up black crap when they are smoking crack. Marle
Old 05-14-2007, 12:53 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Lake,
He's right where he's suppose to be right now. Enjoy your quiet time. He's being fed, he's warm and dry, so you don't have to worry about what he's up to.

(Last Mothers Day, BOTH of my ONLY 2 children were in jail...gee it was a quiet Mothers Day... ...)

Time to pay the consequences of his actions.
Old 05-14-2007, 12:55 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Thanks Marle, I Had No Idea They Smoke The Brillo, That Just Seems Impossible Who In The World Figured Out You Could Even Do Such, Anyway Palm Thats What Mrs Lake Said Friday Morning, Quote
" I Think I Slept Better Than I Have In A Month Just Knowing Where He Was" Its Funny How You Mothers Are So Much Alike.
Old 05-14-2007, 01:00 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
On a tear

Safe, sane and sober.... what more can you ask for? I am glad you don't have to worry about him for at least a week. You might consider blocking incoming calls from the jail - there is nothing he can get from you that he REALLY needs.

My husband took me on a vacation weekend a couple years ago to Victoria, BC... we rode up on the Victoria Clipper (catamaran!). He wanted it to be so romantic, but I was all twingled up about both kids' addictions... it was nearly impossible for me to even talk to him.

Then I got a call while on the ship - son was in jail. I checked, and daughter had returned to rehab. Both were in a form of "lockdown"... for the weekend, both were "safe".

Best damned vacation I EVER had. I cannot remember a time I felt so free.

Relax this week....enjoy the spring. Maybe you and the wife can take a drive and just focus on each other for a while. ((((Laketime)))
Old 05-14-2007, 01:21 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

i am sorry this was such lousey timing. holidays are bad sometimes when dealing with your addict, all we can do is let go & enjoy the kids,family that we are with. i am glad you did not bail him out.every time my son has been bailed out he has gotten in to more trouble before court. sending prayers for you all.hugs,hope