Update on court last friday

Old 05-14-2007, 09:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update on court last friday

Hello! Im sorry for not getting this posted sooner. I had court on friday whicg was on the probation violation. I waited for over an hour and a half for my name to be called and the prosecuting attorney wanted to push it off to another day as it would take 1-2 hours of hearing. I really dont know where she is getting that. I have driving while revoked charges and failure to pay my court fines. That is the reason they want to revoke my probation. Well the judge pushed it off till June 8th. Now Im not real sure how to feel about this. It gives me another month to sit and agonize over what they will do to me but on the other hand, it gives me another month to catch up the fines and finish my weekend jail time. It will also give the prosecutor in the other court where I have my driving while revoked tickets to charge me with 2 felony counts of driving while revoked. So Im not sure how to look at this right now.
Old 05-14-2007, 09:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I didnt get this posted friday because I went to go do my weekend jail time early so I could be home for Mothers Day with my kids which was nice. I hope everyone had a good day.
Old 05-14-2007, 09:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
(((GwenMarie))) Let go and let God? I hate hearing that, especially when I want to control and direct the situation and outcome.

Thanks for the update. So glad you were home on Mother's Day!
Old 05-14-2007, 10:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Gwen, i was thinking about you over the weekend, hoping that we didn't hear from you cuz you got to spend the weekend with your kids. it sucks that the hearing was pushed off, i'm sure the anxiety of waiting is awful. glad you got be with the kids on mothers day, keep us posted on the outcome, you're in my prayers.
jenna
Old 05-14-2007, 10:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

Gwen, I was wondering about you. I guess like they say Let go and Let god, I know its hard to do but I will be praying for you.

Hugs,
jewel
Old 05-14-2007, 12:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am no lawyer, but they cannot delay this without your acceptance. A speedy trial is your right under the 5th amendment rights of the accused. If you donot have a lawyer,askfor a public defender. If you already have a public defender, and you want to get this over with, then tell him/her in no uncertain terms.

So if you want to fight this, thats OK. If however you want to pay the price and get it behind you, do not let them delay again. It is your choice, although the system can make this very tough for you.
Old 05-14-2007, 01:13 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

i thought about you over the weekend after we did not hear from you.i know u wish it was over but maybe it is a good thing.just keep doing the things u r doing & try to enjoy yourself.prayers, hope
Old 05-14-2007, 07:27 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
grateful rca

gwen, i'm still praying for you and i'm glad that you did get to spend mothers day home. your courage and strength is awesome, hang on, it'll all be over soon