amazing

Old 05-09-2007, 10:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

amazing

Today my AS in recovery--and I sat and talked just talked--nothing special--but it was soooo special...I still can't get over the transformation.It seemed to bring back the feelings about what we always liked about each other as a mother/son. He spoke of his future-his boundries(good ones to) in a very mellow way and tone.Not much anxiety noted...made us lunch..it was nice. I kept thinking how much I wished that could/would happen for some of you...I never thought it would for me--and with my whole heart I wish it for all of you.

It was clear to me sitting across the table from him-watching and listening--that I will never tell him he may have caused this neck thing I have.

Maybe the bottom will drop out tomorrow--I still think that way--but with each passing month I feel more assured-this is gonna be the time he has really made it.
How blest am I to see this?
Attached Images
File Type: gif
animated_blokissx.gif (17.8 KB, 49 views)
Old 05-10-2007, 02:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
full of hope

Oh, Sun, please pass me a tissue!! That's great!! I'm so happy for you both!!

(((((((SUNFLOWER)))))))
Old 05-10-2007, 06:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
let it grow!

i'm so very happy for you and your son, sunflower. i know what you mean about appreciating the "calmness" of recovery. i find it to be one of the best rewards. blessings, k
Old 05-10-2007, 04:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks guys--its funny you don't get many replies when you talk about the good things that can happen-or about a good recovery--oh well I am going to enjoy it--took 14 years for it to happen!
My son told me today that on his anniversary date-Oct18th he wants to do something special--any idea????
Also I heard HIM giving advise to a friend about a bad relationship he is having with an addict.His friend has been involved with this girl for years and she has really messedup his life--my son told him''''well just like with my drinking one day you are just gonna wake up and say thats it this is killing me"""and stop'''
I almost peed my pants!I still find it amazing!
Old 05-10-2007, 04:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Happy for you sunflower
Caring hugs and love to you both
Old 05-10-2007, 05:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I wasn't sure that what I wanted to say about it was appropriate. I wouldn't want it taken the wrong way. The other day when you had the meltdown, I knew it was leading to something unexplainable. It's obvious that your son loves you very much.
I think you had to be in that "place", to have expereinced what you are talking about in this one. Everything is OK and you know it. I sense your tranquility. Sometimes we pound the ground and we say we can't taken any more, God agrees.
Old 05-10-2007, 05:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sunflower, how absolutely wonderful for you. I am so happy for your peace of mind.
Old 05-10-2007, 08:02 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hey Sunflower,

Originally Posted by Sunflower View Post
Thanks guys--its funny you don't get many replies when you talk about the good things that can happen-or about a good recovery--...!
That's cuz we're too busy crying and making noises like a goose

Thank you so much for sharing that. I hope my ex finds recovery some day. I still adore the woman she used to be and hearing stories like yours gives me hope. Our marriage is over but she deserves to have a recovery like your son's.

thanx again

Mike
Old 05-11-2007, 10:07 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

as I said before--I just wish all of you could have what I felt on that day--you so deserve it!!I just wanted you to see that sometimes it can happen---will it last? only time will tell...but God it's beautiful
Old 05-11-2007, 10:09 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

mallow---do you think it was me just finally letting go?My meltdown I mean.
Old 05-11-2007, 01:14 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Wonderful and beautiful! Your prayers are being answered, Sunflower!