A Scary Fantastic Adventure - OT

Old 05-08-2007, 12:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A Scary Fantastic Adventure - OT

I won't be around for awhile, we are heading down to FL for SS's college graduation. I'm nervous, excited, apprehensive all at one time. SS will be meeting his "new and improved" brother (RAB) for the first time. (He hated RAS for years because of his addiction).
As many of you know, we have our own biz and NEVER get away....plus I rarely get out of the house, so that's why the nervousness. I'm also going to be meeting my future in-laws for the first time. They are throwing a graduation/engagement party for them after the graduation. Plus we have to purchase a car for SS while we are in FL...not something you would normally do on a mini-vacation :-)
So I guess I just want calmer minds to tell me everything will be fine and to chill out! :-)
And if the future in-laws don't like me, who cares....my son is marrying their daughter, not me, right?
Ooops, all my insecurities are showing :-)
SS is at the top of his class, so I should be concentrating on that and how proud of him we are. The universe will handle the rest, right?
Thx, Barb
PS...since SS is my youngest, once he gets a job we are finally DONE the parenting thing....haha!
Old 05-08-2007, 12:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
grateful rca

ok, just calm down, you'll be fine, you're a great sm and i'm sure you probably approve of the in laws, so have fun, drive safely and take lots of pics, keeping you and yours in my prayers
Old 05-08-2007, 05:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Have a wonderful time and just enjoy every minute....and STOP fretting

Take lots of pictures so we can share when you return.

Hugs to you and both sober sons.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

secretmom,

have a great time in florida - what a special time in your life - just take it as it comes - it will all work out just like it's supposed to - what kind of car are you getting?????

love,
s
Old 05-09-2007, 07:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone! I'm almost done getting ready to go, so that's calmed me down quite a bit. <whew>
Teke...we are flying down, but I will tell the pilot you said to fly safely :-)
Blues...I always forget about that underwear thing....thanks for the reminder! I've used it before and it really works.
Ann...that sounded sooooo wonderful "my 2 sober sons". I can't wait for the grad to meet his brand new bro.
S, he's getting a 2004 Toyota Sienna minivan...lots of room to move all of his "stuff" around the country, since he will probably end up working in CA. What's weird is they gave him the car already and we didn't even pay for it yet. I guess they figure that way he wouldn't change his mind and buy one somewhere else? Dunno.
Will def take lots of pics...
Thx again, Barb
Old 05-09-2007, 09:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

The Infamous Thesis

I almost forgot!!! I am finally allowed to show our grad's short animated film that is up for all of the awards.
http://webspace.ringling.edu/~edrobile/animseat.htm
He's got this version down to 11 megs so it's not a huge download. Hope you enjoy!
Barb