just so damn sick of it

Old 05-07-2007, 07:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

just so damn sick of it

Ok, AS has been doing well....ok, as well as can be expected I guess (funny how we(I) lower the bar when the addiction is involved.
Anyway, hubby thought he was doing something nice and offered AS the money from the scap yard if he ripped down our pool...I had a bad feeling about this, anytime AS gets any sort of money in his hands, it's never a good thing. So gave him the benefit of the doubt, encouraged him to make this money last, so on and so on.

He gets the job done in record time...duh...goes today gets the money and suddenly needs to meet AGF's 'cousin' at the mall and needs to use hubby's phone. (As an aside, most of you parent's or spouses know that you just gotta call your dealer when you're there so you don't have to go to the house right?)...so Hubby, being the trusting soul he is, gives him the phone to use. Surprisingly (not) all the calls made while AS had it are erased when Hubby gets it back. Also surprisingly (not), AS and his AGF have been sleeping all afternoon since they got back. Urrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Maybe it is best that AS doesn't have a job at this point, I know in my heart where every penny he earns will go..

I'm just soooooo tired of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Old 05-07-2007, 07:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Power is not having to respond

My son the addict, got out of jail, and was a model son for 40 months. He was kind and worked hard. He saved up 4500. One day, the NarcoDemon got into him and all that hard work to save money for a car went down the drain to drugs.
It took all of 2 weeks to blow it all.
Since I had been through this before, and had told him his living with me this time would be the last, he officially make me honor my promise.
He's in a rehab that he checked into. It's a step up for sure.
I just hate this unending drama. I think I deal better with him from a distance.
I hope you find peace through all this.
Old 05-08-2007, 04:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
grateful rca

my husband save 900. 00 after rehab to get his license and in 2 days he had blown the whole thing. money was a trigger for me too. when i got clean, i HAD to have someone hold my money for me it was so bad. i didn't even trust myself with a bank account. anyway, now that thats done, maybe its time to decide what you are gonna do to make yourself feel better about it.

most of the time as long as an addict have all the comforts of home, he has no reason to want to get clean. maybe its time for him to suffer the consequences of his actions, thats what got me clean, my family allow me the space to get sick of myself and i realized that i was homeless, broke and pitiful with no family to rescue me and if i wanted to get better, it was left up to me to get better. my family had turned death ear to my excuses and promises and left me to my own misery. i knew then that i had to do something to save myself so i went to rehab. today i've been clean a few yrs and plan on staying that way.
Old 05-08-2007, 06:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
let it grow!

my daughter cannot manage money at all, whether she's clean/sober or using. we quit giving her money when we realized that whether we gave her $5 or $500 - she was always going to be broke. i'll buy her some groceries or things she needs. but no cash. blessings, k