Notices

Honesty Please

Old 05-07-2007, 04:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Honesty Please

Okay, here goes. Am I obsessed? SR has become my life; I spend hours here each day since I found it a few days ago.

It helps me to feel safe by reading what you all have to say; giving me contentment.

Is my OC acting up or is this mormal?

Hopefully this quote rings true in this situation:

Chinese proverb:
One who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; one who does not ask a question remains a fool
Old 05-07-2007, 04:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

If it's keeping you sober, it's a good thing.

As time goes by, and your sobriety strengthens, I'm sure you'll start pursuing other interests - taking time to visit a couple of times a day.

I'm here every day - I go to work and take care of my family - but I always pop in every few hours - and have for a long time.
Old 05-07-2007, 04:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Hey, if it works for you read and post away as much as possible. I still find that staying as busy as possible helps me stay sober, along with AA meetings and a program of recovery. My safe places are SR and nightly meetings.
Old 05-07-2007, 04:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I feel safe here too. I spend many hours here everyday, and I don't think it is a bad thing.

This place along with AA will help be get better.
Old 05-07-2007, 04:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Raised from the Dead

when i moved out of my recovery house at 8 months sober i had to fully depend on AA and God for sobriety. the recovery house could no longer be used as a crutch. one of my first days out i found this site and have come on a couple times a day ever since (ive been out of my recovery house for nearly 8 months). its another form of support in addition to meetings, AA friends, and my sponsor. grateful to have it. communicating with AAs is key whether its in person, over the phone, through text messaging, myspace, SR.com, sobercircle, etc...
Old 05-07-2007, 05:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Well I'd like to compare log times with you to see who has spent more time here in the last few days since I joined! It has occurred to me that I should be doing something more productive, but in real/sober life, I work, and that's about it. I'm not working presently and so I either spend time here or stand on me head. This is soo much easier and blood circulates to other vital organs more readily this way.

Yeah, I should be at an AA meeting tonight, but I had a little issue...anyway, don't fret about your time here. Life will go on/ resume eventually, as Rowan (i think) said.

On a side note, it's my personal opinion only that all alcoholics/addicts have some hint or degree of a compulsive disorder--officially dx as OCD or not per DSM IV, it's no matter. There is, at a minimum, some element there in addictive personalities, imo.
Old 05-07-2007, 05:38 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Lurker

I spent many hours here in my early early sobriety. I now find my self not visiting as much recently. I have started my own business, and it takes alot of my time, butI still ejoy coming here and seeing how ya'll are doing.
Old 05-07-2007, 05:41 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I have learned so much here and found so much inspiration.

I have been around here for ages and Rowan is right, as time goes by, you'll find other things to occupy you but I hope you always feel like this is home.
Old 05-07-2007, 06:06 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You must decide if too much is too much... hey if you are hurting... you are in pain... and this site makes you feel better then GREAT... if it is helping you to not drink... then it is ok...

If you would be sober without it and you know you are doing it too much and it is hurting your life then it is too much...

If you come here instead of watching tv.. ok... if you come here instead of spending time with your kids... or you didn't take out the garbage because you spent too much time here... then BAD!!!

At some point you will find balance in your life... and you will know how much is too much... the fact that you are asking the question, tells me either

1.) you truly seek the truth and therefore you will find it...

or

2.) You seek justification for your actions and therefore you will continue to search for it until you find it...

Either way you will find what you are looking for... so first ask yourself why you ask the question! In the intention of your question is the answer!
Old 05-07-2007, 06:26 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Hope3

Yes, maybe, I don't know. However I do

know that I spent allot of time here when I first found this site,

and still do, so maybe I'm obsessed to....but it beats and is better

for us than what I used to do with the time I spend here.....(gulp, gulp, gulp)

hope3
Old 05-07-2007, 06:31 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

toomuch,
I come to these boards all the time. I honestly believe that they have helped me stay sober. I love SR and I grateful to have found it. If it's helping you stay sober, then that's what matters most.
Old 05-07-2007, 06:33 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
IO Storm

(((Hope3)))

so maybe I'm obsessed to....but it beats and is better

for us than what I used to do with the time I spend here.....(gulp, gulp, gulp)
.................................................. ...................................

And for me..pillhead also....gulpity gulpity....gulp gulp gulp!!

What is so neat for me, is I've begun to seek support for

my mental disorder (Bipolar TypeI) so I am geting a total

support system wrapped up in one site!

I am a newbie in the Mental Health Forum....lol

Love,

:

Sherry
Old 05-07-2007, 06:42 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I really dont think I could ever do it without this site. Keep posting & reading!!