Notices

Terrible day today

Old 05-07-2007, 02:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Terrible day today

2 alcoholics in my area died yesterday - one from my home group and another who was an old running mate of mine on occassion, although he was never in AA - I heard about both in my 6:30am meeting this morning.

Then work just sucks. I spun my wheels all day today and accomplished nothing. On top of that I cannot really bitch about the boss because I see him every morning when I shave! I am self employed.

My carpal tunnel is acting up, my dryer broke down (while I had my bedding in it) and there just doesn't seem to be enough time in the day for me to make any progress on anything.

I feel like ****, 2 days after picking up my 60 day chip.

On the plus side I talked to another buddy in my 6:30am meeting and we are going to a meeting tonight. I have to do something to get out of this funk!

Sorry but life just sucks right now, thanks for letting me rant.
Old 05-07-2007, 02:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I am sorry about the loss of your friends.

You are doing the right thing by taking action.
Old 05-07-2007, 04:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank God you're sober. Congratulations on the 60 days. I'm sorry for your loss - it's hard facing life head-on without benefit of booze and/or drugs - but the feelings pass. Glad you're going to a meeting tonight. Hang in there.

Rowan
Old 05-07-2007, 04:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Dgliz,

Life does come at your fast...You have your good days and wonder why you ever wanted to drink, and then BAM!!! A horrible day comes at you...

Congrats on your sixty days.

Tomorrow will be a better day.
Old 05-07-2007, 04:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
This too shall pass. I can't stand hearing that somedays, when the world is crashing down around me, when I'm absorbed in self-pity. But it always does.

Rant away. Sending up prayers for you, and I can't wait for my meeting tonight too!
Old 05-07-2007, 04:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dgillz View Post
2 alcoholics in my area died yesterday - one from my home group and another who was an old running mate of mine on occassion, although he was never in AA - I heard about both in my 6:30am meeting this morning.

Then work just sucks. I spun my wheels all day today and accomplished nothing. On top of that I cannot really bitch about the boss because I see him every morning when I shave! I am self employed.

My carpal tunnel is acting up, my dryer broke down (while I had my bedding in it) and there just doesn't seem to be enough time in the day for me to make any progress on anything.

I feel like ****, 2 days after picking up my 60 day chip.

On the plus side I talked to another buddy in my 6:30am meeting and we are going to a meeting tonight. I have to do something to get out of this funk!

Sorry but life just sucks right now, thanks for letting me rant.
Yep, that's a bad day alright. I'm really sorry to hear of your losses and generally crappy day. Mine has been pretty bad too. I've been so unmotivated that I did pretty good to take a shower, shave, and eat some. Actually drove to a meeting a few minutes ago, but was too miserable to get out of the car and go in. So I came back home. Pathetic.

I'm glad you're taking a much more solution-oriented approach to your problems. Good for you. I'll get back on track soon, i hope. I have spent an inordinate amount of time here today so perhaps that qualifies as support. I just need to get back to work so I can feel useful again. I'm just not either physically or emotionally ready and the conflict is making me loopy.

Have a good meeting, and congrats on 60 days,btw.
Old 05-07-2007, 07:26 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi, gillz.
I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your friends. You are absolutely doing the right thing by going to a meeting tonight. I know this may sound trite, but when everything seems to be going wrong, I try to think of the good things in my life.
You might not have a boss to complain about, but at least you don't have to answer to one=)
Congrats on your sixty days.
Old 05-07-2007, 07:34 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
tangled up in blue

I'm so sorry to hear about your friends. That's horrible. Rant anytime you want to!
Old 05-07-2007, 07:46 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Continue to talk about your feelings.
Sorry to hear about your friends.

That was a lot of stuff to happen in one day. Better days are ahead. At least you're sober and can handle things without running from them. That in itself is HUGE. So when all else goes wrong, think of what you're grateful for and it helps to put things in perspective.

Congrats on 60 days!
Old 05-07-2007, 08:17 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks everybody for your support.

I went to the meeting, had a good "meeting after the meeting", and life seems more manageable. I'm going to bed now, sober.

Thanks again.
Old 05-07-2007, 08:41 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I'm glad that the meeting helped you. I'm proud of you for making it through all of this sober.
Old 05-07-2007, 08:54 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

good night dgillz......i'm really proud of you tonight, my friend....i had a week a couple of months ago in which 4 people i knew, two of them in my personal life and two here on sr, that died in the same week........

i know exactly how you are feeling today, and i promise you it will get better......

congratulations on doing what it takes to stay sober today.....i know how hard it was, and you are so strong to have done it......if you can make it through a day like today, you can make it any day.........
Old 05-07-2007, 09:11 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hey bud....it gets better, it really does.

Work your steps, eventually you'll get to a place where things don't bother you as much. I'm not saying s** t won't happen, and it won't be uncomfortable, just that yuo'll deal with it differently.

Hang in there.

Oh, the liquor stores ! I know every one prolly between San Diego and Los Angeles !
Old 05-08-2007, 06:18 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
let it grow!

hope you're feeling better today, dg. blessings, k