Notices

When you have stress in your life and..

Old 05-07-2007, 11:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

When you have stress in your life and..

you used to drink to cope but are determined to not start again what do you do :0(.
I have a bi-pola husband who refuses to take medication . Im going to the doctor this wednesday for myself make sure my antidepressent tablest are strong enoubh etc and he was coming for himself as hes not sleeping and I (ahem) took all his ammatriptalyne so he needs more. hes being offered a fantastic job by a lovely man but dh is not good at staying at jobs due to his bi-pola people will say something inncently and he gets a bee in his bonnet and leaves! Ive urged him to go back on bi-pola medication so he can cope and as well as controlling his mood swings which get me terribly down.

First week when I was out of the hospital lovely lovely hubby now its changed ;0( back to his mood pattens. We have a 13 year old daughter who thinks shes 6 foot tall and bullet proof and very very confident . She has a mouth on her and dose talk to her father horribly. The week after I cam out of hospital who was doing so well ( normally he thumps her hard!!) well the beginning of this week it changed :0( hes not being sleeping going to bed 3am in the morning (was spose to go to the doctor for sleeping tablets as hes used all mine) then it started putting us all down going on how useless our older children is how disrepectful our eldest daughter is then he said because he cant sleep at 3 in the morning neither would he so he dragged her out of bed screaming at her giving her the odd slap I stayed in bed as I know I would of made it worse .
His enegry level is excessive hes doing all the housework in fact if I try and do something he just grabbs whatever I have in my hand off me!! Im working part time 5.1/2 hours a day 6 days a week and by the time I look after the 3 kids 13, 11, 18 months and get tea its evening so housework has being negleted so now Im getting screamed at ( at 2 -3 in the morning) Im trying to get myself better Im trying not to turn to the bottle but this mental torture is hell and Im worried that I will do what I tried to do before as the feeling are coming back!!!, after starting to feel good the calm feelings are going.

Sorry for waffling on Im so down :0(
Ang
Old 05-07-2007, 12:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Ang,

I'm sorry for your situation and the difficulties dealing with your husban'd bipolar disorder. However, his behaviour is mentally abusive to you and physically and mentally abusve to your daughter. Please take care of yourself and your children. If your husband doesn't want to take medication for his bipolar disorder, then there is probably little you can do. Has his dr talked to him about the importance of the medication?
Old 05-07-2007, 01:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Ang.

Thinking of you...

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...1&d=1178552202
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
angels.jpg (6.1 KB, 30 views)
Old 05-07-2007, 04:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Angie,

I just wanted to acknowledge your struggles - it's very difficult if your husband is refusing to take medication for his condition. Please keep yourself and your children safe - and I'll keep you in my prayers.

Rowan
Old 05-07-2007, 05:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I worked the steps off AA. It didn't change anthing, except the way I percieved things.

Worry and anxiety have all but been reomved from my life. The obsission to drink HAS been removed.

We learn to cope, to take life at face value.
Old 05-07-2007, 06:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi, Angie.
I'm very sorry to hear that you're dealing with all of that. Listen to what Anna and Rowan said... you need to take care of yourself and your children. Remember that you can't control what other people do, but you can control what you do. Keep in mind that drinking didn't stop the stress before. It may have numbed you for a while, but were things really any better because you drank? Stay strong.
Old 05-11-2007, 01:12 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I haven't seen you post for a few days Angie-and just wondered how you are.

I hope you're doing okay,

Thinking of you,

Rosexox