Feeling blue, how could he?

Old 05-06-2007, 08:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
When Pigs Fly

Feeling blue, how could he?

To day is my youngests birthday ! 5yrs. I had hoped for a phone call e-mail card in the mail. Nothing. I know the day is early but still. He is 3hrs ahead. (i think).
I don't understand how a man can walk away from his children and start a new life like they never were born.
Thanks for listening.
Old 05-06-2007, 08:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((kermit and family))) I'm sorry.... Hope that you'll get a pleasant surprise later today or in tomorrow's mail. If not, I am sure you will be doing what you can to make the day special (not the same I know). You're a great mother and it shows!
Old 05-06-2007, 08:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
When Pigs Fly

On a good note, we went to Sea World yesterday, we had a great time. It was the best day we have had in along time. We were all there, my 2 nephews and grandma. It was awsome
Old 05-06-2007, 08:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kermit View Post
On a good note, we went to Sea World yesterday, we had a great time. It was the best day we have had in along time. We were all there, my 2 nephews and grandma. It was awsome

Kermit...YOU are awesome,too! Hang in there!

p.s. Great that you had such a wonderful time.....you all deserve the best!
Old 05-06-2007, 09:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Aw, kermit, it goes on and on sometimes, or at least feels that way. How's your son doing with it?

Glad you had a good time at Sea World, haven't been there in ages.
Old 05-06-2007, 09:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Ugh; I lost part of a post.

I was up earlier than usual today and just realized it is still just now noon here in the Eastern Time Zone. Might still be a bit early, especially considering yesterday was both the Kentucky Derby AND what I consider becoming another "alcoholic holiday"...Cinco de Mayo (sp?). Seems it is up there as a great party time in league with St. Patrick's day,Mardi Gras,etc......(really ANY day is a good "excuse" ! ha). And we threw a full moon into the mix! Heaven only knows what the A in my life has been doing this weekend...the same might apply in your case.

Of course, one of the most predictable thing about an active A is his unpredictability.

take care!
Old 05-06-2007, 10:53 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey kermit.

I can TOTALLY relate. I'm a recovering alike, and my codie wife ran off with another man. She left me with our two daughters 2 years ago.(which is a blessing BTW. Guys RARELY get the kids).

Anyway, she's out of work, and doesn't even have a phone. She did manage to call Easter and on my youngests 15th B-day, but besdies that ? No card, no gifts, etc. She hasn't seen our oldest daughter in person for 2 years.

I really start to get p***d off when I realize that when SHE had the kids, I was living on my friends breezway and sending them every dime I made.

Anyway, I don't understand either. Well, maybe I do. It's an addiciton, They put the addiction before anything else in their life. Still, it's you r freakin KIDS !!! [/rant]

All I can do is keep my side of the street clean, forgive her, and pray for her. And call my sponsor
Old 05-06-2007, 11:06 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Kermit, I posted a similar thread. I too just don't get it. In the past two months my daughters have received one voice mail and one email. Both messages were blah, blah. Our 21 year old emailed him and described her pain, hurt, and broken heart. She has yet to get a reply. Honestly I don't know how "they" live in their skin. Keep making those good memories.
Old 05-06-2007, 11:20 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Cause no harm

Kermit
Can relate. My mother left me with grandparents and disappeared for 11 years. Made brief contact at that time for about 6 months, then she was gone again until I found where she was living. That was 30 years later. I never could, nor do I today, understand how a parent can do that to a child. I hold no ill will, just realize that is a question to which I will never have an answer.

Don't allow it to happen to your children. Confront him before too much time passes. Not for you, but for your young ones.

Peace—

Padraic
Old 05-06-2007, 11:30 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

(((Kermie))) It will get better.....you are one awesome mom, you know that ?
Old 05-06-2007, 12:04 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
When Pigs Fly

He called and left a message for Nate, He also said that he was going to send money but he hasn't gotten a check yet........where have we heard that before?
Old 05-06-2007, 12:15 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
ICU

Well, there 'ya go....you took care of yourselves by having a wonderful day at Sea World and then got a phone message from him on top of that.

I wonder if the phone call would have come if you hadn't planned such a special day for yourselves.

I like to think when we do things to take care of ourselves (by putting the focus on us....changing what 'we' can) we are then rewarded. Seems to be true of your situation here.
Old 05-06-2007, 12:26 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Well, I'm glad he called....maybe leaving the message was the best of both worlds. Hope Nate is enjoying his day!
Old 05-06-2007, 05:07 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Me too's Kermit!

We seldom hear from my X. She just walked away from her old life and hardly looked back. The last time I really cried was when she failed to call for our daughters 16th birthday. I could not understand how she could forget her little girls.

The woman I knew, I loved....does not exist anymore. I can't look at our old photos anymore.
Old 05-06-2007, 07:39 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

My EXAH never saw his son past the age of 2.
My son is 27 now.
No father ever
No child support
No phone calls
No mails
Nothing.
Ever.
He did meet him a few years ago for the first time--he took him too taco bell showed him his 1500 dollar paycheck-his new truck-new wife and house with a pool in the country.
Nice huh?
Never even gave him 20 dollars for gas.
And her I am laying at home-no job-half crippled in pain after working and working and trying to be a mother and a father for 26 years.
Thats my reward I guess-I end up with nothing
He has it all.
Told my son he had to leave me because''I was crazy and he couldn't take it anymore" hahahahhhahahaaaahh
My son knows the truth-he knows who cared for him-who sacrificed-etc.....just like your son will.
He never wants to see his Father again.
OH YEAH---he did leave his son one thing--the genetical disposition for alcoholism...
Attached Images
File Type: gif
Animated Frog.gif (22.9 KB, 31 views)