Having a Life

Old 05-07-2003, 06:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Having a Life

Reading from 'Today a Better Way' families Anonymous.

Having a Life.

When a very ill heart patient is monitered by an electronic device, the lines on the screen tell us he's alive. They dart up and down carrying the message, "Yes, this heart still beats."

The ups and downs in our daily existence also tell us we are vital, performong individuals. We take risks. We venture out. We give and recieve love. We sometimes despair, but at other times we know great joy.

When a heart patient's moniter shows a perfectly straight line, doctors and nurses know the heart has stopped beating. In the same way, when our lives are smoothed out and nothing ruffles the surface, we have stopped living. We have avoided conflict and risks. There is no pain, no joy. We have isolated ourselves, neither giving nor recieving love.

Which shall we choose-lifeless isolation, or active participation in life?

TODAY I WILL choose to live life fully, accepting life on life's terms, in all it's energetic vitality.

Love and Hugs
Jewel
Old 05-07-2003, 08:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks Jewel - that was a great post!

Love and hugs.
Old 05-07-2003, 10:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

I have been lurking today reading posts and my head lately has been all scrambled up so much that I can't post a new thread to even discuss it. It is nice to know that it's just my monitor saying I am back to living life. See I just wanted to say thank you Jewel for sending this one to someone who really needed it and it came out not making much sense.