A must read...

Old 05-02-2007, 09:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Royalty

A must read...

I stumbled upon a great place for inspiration....I think this is just what I was looking for, and found accidently.....I know we come here, and vent, and try to help. I know Al-anon and AA wants to help us, but with all the HPs, it's not for me. I am not sure if we should post other sites, but I will with the hopes that it even helps one person. www.32keys.com There are 32 different things to click on, Stress, Sleep, Cheerfulness, Revenge, Resentment, and my fav, Acceptance. This one, Acceptance, even refers to AAs Serenity prayer. So try it, and click on what ever you are dealing with today......I can't say enough about it! It's so simple, no HP's, and my plan is to work on each thing there, maybe pick a new category each month....

(Technically it's an online self-help book....so I am hoping it's okay to post this, maybe I should add this to classic reading?)
Old 05-03-2007, 02:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I've been in medicine for about 20 years now. The one thing I am certain of is that if I ever enter a disease process, I never want my healing to be left to the limitations of a secular treatment or cure. I read these offerings and find them filled with biblical principles so I'm missing the absence of a higher power in these writings.
No higher power, not thanks. As humans we are so limited, so unsophisticated really. I get a strong sense of scientology in these writings, maybe that's just me.
I guess if these writings help, that's good.
Within my own limitations I must say, I don't see any ultimate achievement if it leads to a Godless life and a core belief that all answers lie within myself. If this is true, I'm in more trouble than I thought.
I'm not trying to be contrary. Really.
It is with profund gratitude to my higher power, the very core of my existance that I deny any concept that excludes God.
I am not picking on this post, I am taking the opportunity to let posters know the core of my beliefs and the source of my comments.
Old 05-03-2007, 02:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

this is brilliant!!! thank you and backs up what I think two books that have helped me say, The Secret and Dr Wayne W Dyer 10 secrets for success and inner piece say.

Thank you!
x
Old 05-03-2007, 08:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

thanks HQ! i struggle with the HP thing too, so i found this website to be very useful to me!
Old 05-03-2007, 08:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Mallow I am with you, but by the same token that does not mean in any way that I am against you HolyQow.

For me if it was not for an HP I would still be out there drinking & dying one drink at a time, now thanks to an HP I am sober, happy, joyous, and free one day at a time.

And also like you Mallow I see HP all over every category, no it does not spell out God, Buddah, Allah, etc., but it does reflect a degree of a HP in every one of them I looked at.

I have yet to meet a professed athiest that has not found some sort of HP to aid them in getting sober.

So many people get stuck on the HP deal thinking an HP is a religous thing when in reality it is not.
Old 05-03-2007, 02:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Royalty

I didn't want this to be about believing/non believing.....it has absolutely nothing to do with that. It has to do with every day common things in LIFE. I was just saying that is my main reason for not totally accepting everything from Al-anon or AA. Anyone, religious or not, can benefit from simple inspiration. Where you find it is your choice.
Old 05-03-2007, 03:42 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Great material. It is always good to have reminders that life can really be that simple.
In my codie days I had to analyze and beat everything to death. It is great to be able to accept differences knowing what others believe and think really has nothing to do with me.
A persons higher power can be anything, the sun, the moon, or you yourself.
I didn't seeing anything that persuaded me in anyway, yes there were "quotes" from entities that might be seen as a higher power, but they were just words of inspiration.
Thanks for offering variety.
Old 05-03-2007, 06:23 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

everyone lighten up---sometimes it's just all to dramatic and serious--there can be good found in the simple things as well.I can tell you I am a catholic who studies Buddhism--which is a way of life-not a religion. I would not be here now if I hadn't learned to meditate-I do it twice a day.
It is a simple--yet deep way of life to try and think
yesterday is gone
only today matters
who knows about tomorrow-it may not happen
to live more in the moment,
Attached Images
File Type: gif
AdamDancing.gif (10.9 KB, 23 views)