OT - A little prayer if you can spare it

Old 05-02-2007, 10:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

OT - A little prayer if you can spare it

Hi everyone! I know I haven't been posting alot and feel like I should post more because I love this place and don't know where I'd be without it. I've been going through some rough times the last few months.

Hubby has been clean and for once, he's not the issue.

I get so darned discouraged because now that he's clean and we can enjoy eachother, something else comes up.

Well, I haven't had my monthly cycle for about 6 months. I went to the doc 3 months ago and they ran all kinds of tests and stuff and couldn't find anything wrong. (I did have an ovarian cyst a while back and that's when all this started). I go back to the doc tomorrow to see what's up.

I've done so good with my RAH and my stinkin thinkin with him but I am having a difficult time not having the stinkin thinkin about my own health. I am worried that there something seriously wrong with me and I won't be able to have kids one day. (No Cycle=No Ovulation). I'm just scared and unsure. I pray about it but it seems its not helping me so I thought I'd reach out. I don't want to talk about it with my mom because I don't want her scared, in true codie fashion. (Ovarian and cervical cancer have been in my family).

I've always had a regular cycle that comes like clockwork. Its just a scary situation that I am powerless over.

See when I started my recovery, I learned all about powerlessness and my addict and the one thing I counted on was being able to control myself and my life but this is beyond my control and I can't just let it go. I worry. I have always wanted children, I have always wanted to experience being pregnant.

I don't know, I feel like this is all jumbled and doesn't make since. Its hard to get out how I feel right now. The folks I have told have told me to do things to keep my mind off of it but thats impossible when it involves my health and my future.

I guess I am just asking for you to say a prayer for me tomorrow that all is okay and its something simple to fix if you have time during your day. If you'll just pray that God can ease my mind a little between now and then, I'd be grateful. Thanks guys.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Jewlz, Will definitly pray for you. Try now to get too worked up untill you find out what's what. Hugs.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
grateful rca

i'll be praying too jwife, that all is well and that there really isn't anything wrong. sometimes stress can do that to you, can't it

i think maybe if you could find something else to think about for now, it might help. worrying about it will only make you sick, besides there is not much you can do about it today. if you have to worry, try to force yourself to wait until tomorrow to worry about it. still praying for you and your husband
Old 05-02-2007, 10:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
let it grow!

prayers coming your way. k
Old 05-02-2007, 10:59 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

Jwife I am praying for you right now.

Hugs,
Jewel
Old 05-02-2007, 11:08 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You got em' sista! You know I think about you all the time!
Old 05-02-2007, 11:17 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Prayers out...and hugs too!!!!
Old 05-02-2007, 11:18 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I too will say a special prayer for you and hope everything turns out ok
Old 05-02-2007, 11:39 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

prayers and hugs
Old 05-02-2007, 11:43 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Jwife, I can understand why it is scary...I am confident that God is watching over you and pray he will grant you some comfort and relief from the anxiety. It always helps me to remember that future tripping accomplishes nothing but sending negative energy into the universe which tome tends to increase the odds of some sor tof negative outcome. I've got lots of positive energy going your way and many prayers. I do hope your appointment goes well and whatever is causing the problem is resolved quickly.

And I am happy to here that all is well with your husband and you are both working hard on recovery. Love, hugs and prayers.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:44 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Prayers for you hon... Have Faith sweetie and I will keep you in my prayers as well.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:06 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

Originally Posted by Jwife22 View Post

I don't know, I feel like this is all jumbled and doesn't make since. Its hard to get out how I feel right now. The folks I have told have told me to do things to keep my mind off of it but thats impossible when it involves my health and my future.
It makes perfect sense honey and I understand.
I was in my early 20's when my gyno did a pap on me and told me she detected cervical cancer. My mom took and cashed in my life insurance policy so we'd have the money to do whatever was needed. I was so scared. I couldn't think of anything else. It's impossible. All we could do was pray.
Well..........the prayers did work and to top off the fact that my gyno was in her 70's and didn't see what she thought she did after further testing I could breathe a sigh of relief............and 2 children later.......

I'll be saying an extra special prayer for you my friend. You'll get through this. I agree with what Greet said. Think positive........although hard, try. You'll be getting loads of positive energy from all of us. I promise you that.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:10 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Just for today....

Sending lots of prayers and hugs your way.

Frog
Old 05-02-2007, 12:17 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Prayers and hugs coming your way.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:45 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thanks all so much for the prayers and thoughts.

Jwife, I can understand why it is scary...I am confident that God is watching over you and pray he will grant you some comfort and relief from the anxiety. It always helps me to remember that future tripping accomplishes nothing but sending negative energy into the universe which tome tends to increase the odds of some sor tof negative outcome. I've got lots of positive energy going your way and many prayers. I do hope your appointment goes well and whatever is causing the problem is resolved quickly.

And I am happy to here that all is well with your husband and you are both working hard on recovery. Love, hugs and prayers.
I know positive thinking makes a difference but its hard sometimes. I start to worry about things and then I start thinking worse things and then I just lose it.

RAH is worried that its something and asks me if I think its anything and then that just puts my mind right back on it when I'm not thinking about it!

AHHH! I hate future tripping. It will drive you insane!

It makes perfect sense honey and I understand.
I was in my early 20's when my gyno did a pap on me and told me she detected cervical cancer. My mom took and cashed in my life insurance policy so we'd have the money to do whatever was needed. I was so scared. I couldn't think of anything else. It's impossible. All we could do was pray.
Well..........the prayers did work and to top off the fact that my gyno was in her 70's and didn't see what she thought she did after further testing I could breathe a sigh of relief............and 2 children later.......

I'll be saying an extra special prayer for you my friend. You'll get through this. I agree with what Greet said. Think positive........although hard, try. You'll be getting loads of positive energy from all of us. I promise you that.
Were you having issues that lead you to go to the gyno or was it you annual visit? (if that's not to personal) Although it wasn't cervical cancer, did they find something else? I just want to know possibilities of what it could be, you know, simple things. Easy things to fix. I know I need to stop doing this but I can't right now.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:46 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

I'm going to pm you honey.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:47 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Ty
Old 05-02-2007, 01:13 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

JWife, Will be keeping you in my prayers. Hopefully it will turn out to be something hormonal and easily fixed. Also congrats to your hubby on his clean time. Hugs, Marle
Old 05-02-2007, 02:16 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
'Round and 'Round I Go....

Jwife....I am going to send you as much positive energy as I can. Prayers coming your way. I know how worried you must be. I don't have kids yet either and something like this would frighten me. I hate going to doctors because I don't want to find out anything bad. But since you went right away, if there is cause for concern it might be early enough to take care of things without causing an issue. Good luck!
Old 05-02-2007, 04:06 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
I'm HOME!!!!!

Jwife...prayers going out to you.
NSW