OT...I know!

Old 05-02-2007, 05:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
full of hope

OT...I know!

I was reading Justjo's saying about apples and ideas and it reminded me of something I hadn't thought of in a long, long time...one of my favorite quotes.

"If I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I'd still plant my apple tree today."

When I was younger I never understood that quote in its entirety, but several years ago it dawned on me what it meant. It wasn't about planting a tree and making the world beautiful for just this moment.

He wasn't planting any old tree. He was planting a fruit bearing tree. And one that would take a couple of seasons to produce a good harvest. It was about the moment he was in but it was also about believing in a future for himself and others no matter what things looked like right now.

For me this quote is about hope and faith and believing that there is a better way no matter what anybody says and no matter how bleak the future appears to you right now.

So, today....I'm off to plant my apple tree in hopes of a better future...no matter how I feel or how things look!

~Cheryl
Old 05-02-2007, 05:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

This was beautiful Chero ((((Hugs))) I need to go plant one too! *sprinkling love and prayers on your tree*
Old 05-02-2007, 05:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
ICU

Oh Chero, you just brought tears to my eyes....happy tears!

Happy planting my friend! I look forward in the days to come of hearing about your plentiful harvest!
Old 05-02-2007, 07:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Let Go Let God

Hi Chero !
I was reading yesterday and was very glad to see you were doing better . It seems that you started today off an a great note too !

When I joined this forum it was suggested to me that I read a book called , Getting Them Sober by Toby Rice Drews . I started it yesterday and am only about 30 pages into it but it really reminded me of not just myself but you too . If you havent picked this book up yet you should , I've really related to so much in it and it has great advice for how to handle the situation we are in .

There is a sticky somewhere on this site with an excerpt from the book . Maybe you can help me out with that ICU , I think you know where it is ??

Keep the positive thoughts !! Looking forward to hearing more great things from you !M
Old 05-02-2007, 07:28 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
full of hope

Thanks LG, I'll look for that book!
Old 05-02-2007, 07:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Let Go Let God

I had to have it ordered by my book store chero .. the sooner you get it the better , its a relatively small book and an easy read . so far it covers how when you start changing your behavior and taking care of you it can really drive your A crazy and make you think that you are crazy too . what you are actually doing is helping them to their bottom where they need to be . They always knew what to expect and now that you are taking care of yourself they dont and its not comfortable any more .

You need to stay strong and keep moving forward , let him fall , it just may save his life ... if it doesnt , you will be able to move on with all the strength you have gained.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:34 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
full of hope

Hmm...you are right, LG. Maybe it will save his life. And if nothing else, it'll save mine....and that's who I'm responsible for, right!?!!