mothers comment

Old 05-01-2007, 11:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

mothers comment

My cousin who lives outside my state called tonight.We were talking about my AS and his recovery,He has applied for a job-not the type of work he should be doing--but a job is a job. He is nervous because not many employers want to hire you with Bi polar--even though the medications works 100%.I told him not to even put it down on the applicationPlus having had substance issues since he was 14 he really doesn't have much of a work history--fired or quit every job.

My son did get a GED and finish 2 years of college--he is very intellectual and I feel working in a packing plant isn't the best for him.But then I thought who cares?

He is part time living with a girl that has been thru everything with him the past 2 years--she is pretty--very fat--and he is so handsome.She makes him happy-people in my familty rank on her behind his back.I am thinking he is the smart one to stay with someone who sticks with him no matter what and really isn't concerned with looks at all.

My Mom chirped in and said---I don't care where he works--if he works-who he loves--as long as he is sober and alive that will always be enough for me,,,,,,Interesting?

I think mom has the right idea....
Attached Images
File Type: gif
animated_DNA.gif (16.5 KB, 44 views)
Old 05-02-2007, 09:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

all you need is love, right? healthy and loved sounds like a good deal to me
Old 05-02-2007, 09:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I think your mom is blessed in seeing the "big picture" .. and what the really important things in life are.
Old 05-02-2007, 09:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Alcohol is a cruel mistress!!!

I can't agree more! Your mother sounds like a very smart lady.......
Old 05-02-2007, 09:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Now that is love! Bravo for him and for her acceptance, what a wonderful mother!
Old 05-02-2007, 09:30 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You know... at the end of my Mothers life we had such an amazing relationship, especially considering my childhood and that sounds like something she would say.

I miss her.

I have to agree with her.... Beauty is on the inside and having a companion that you know loves you and stands by you thick and thin... is worth its weight in gold... What more is there in life that really matters then Love, Faith and Hope.... and health.

Wise Women, thanks for reminding me.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I am glad I posted this--re reading it does remind me how fortunate I am to have such a wonderful Mom. Hey she puts up with me that makes her a saint.LOL
I have been very blest in the parent department--sometimes I forget that when I hear some of you talk about how difficult these relationships are for you-or how much you miss them.
Attached Images
File Type: gif
animated rose.gif (20.8 KB, 18 views)