need support

Old 04-30-2007, 08:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

need support

Hey All

Its been a long time since I've been on here, but I am having a slight panic attack...
My addict brother lives with my parents....anyways I got a msg from their neighbor to call me back to discuss something she wanted to talk about and not talk to my parents about...i am sooo nervous! I know its about my brother....I hope he didnt steal from them!! ugh what to do?? i hate this feeling in my stomach.

-Dreamer
Old 04-30-2007, 09:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Make the call Dreamer... its the only way you'll know what its about.
Maybe its even something good

But if your gut is correct, remember you don't HAVE to talk to them about anything you're not comfortable with.

Wishing the best
((((hugs))))
Cece
Old 04-30-2007, 09:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Dreamer,

What your brother did, or didn't, do -- this has nothing to do with you.

He is your brother, not your kid.

In my opinion, your neighbors need to be talking to your parents, not to you. Saying "we have to talk to you about something you didn't do, but which you need to keep a secret" is unfair and completely unhelpful.

You have your own life to live. And if you're like the rest of us, you have your hands full just keeping that end of things going.

Personally? I'd stay out of it and focus on YOU. Your life is the only one you can control. If your brother is doing something illegal, your neighbors can call the police. If you want to phone them back, DO, but personally I think they should leave you alone.

Take care of YOU
GL
Old 04-30-2007, 12:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
grateful rca

i think that you could make the call, like cece said, you don't have to talk about anything that you don't want to talk about. maybe its not what you think it is. try not to awfulize the situation, never know what it might be, huh? keeping you and your family in my prayers.
Old 04-30-2007, 02:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

thanks

thanks guys

I did call and the number was out of service...oh well...I'll wait until maybe I see her. But I am now going crazy and really want to know what its about....
I guess if it was super bad or illegal she would have called the cops already?

Thanks
Old 05-01-2007, 04:30 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

dreamer,i am sorry you are dealing with this.what ever it is about or whatever your brother did it is not your fault.we have no control over what anybody does but ourselves. keep coming back.we r here for you.prayers,
Old 05-01-2007, 01:53 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

So am I crazy? I googled their home number ( cel fone was out of service) and left her a msg to call me back. Now I am waiting, hope she doesnt think I am nuts too for findind out her home number....
Still cant relax, just need to here what she says, so I can start breathing again!
Why do I care !???
Old 05-01-2007, 02:15 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Try laying down and doing some deep breathing...inhale through your nose, then exhale through your mouth....with each breath think the word "relax". It won't help the problem, but should stop the panic attack. Then you can think clearly. Panic attacks are horrible enough all by themselves.
Hugs, SM
PS...you are NOT crazy, just stressed out with worry.
Old 05-01-2007, 04:34 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

you care because you are a good person