An Apology

Old 04-29-2007, 11:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Rest peacefully Sonny Boy

An Apology

Recently I lost my composure. I lost my cool. I reacted in an inappropriate way. I want to apologize for it.

I'm not real sure why I snapped, but I did. I'm usually a peacekeeper, I hate fighting and arguing. I usually try to look beyond someone's words, and see the real reason they are saying hurtful things. I lost that ability. The small straw that broke the camels back.

From it poured out a lot of pent up anger. I'm still angry. About everything.

I know the anger is only hurting myself, but I guess I just need to feel it.

I don't know what's going on with me lately. Something has changed inside. I feel terribly old and tired. And oh yes, angry. I know I'll work through it, I've got the tools to do so.

I just wanted to apologize for my outburst.

I have the utmost respect and love for all of you. I hold you dear to my heart. I'm giving myself a little break from it all for a little while, at least until I can get past this anger.

Hugs and Prayers to all of you.
B
Old 04-29-2007, 11:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
grateful rca

sorry but i didn't notice the outburst, hope you'll be back soon, still praying for ya
no apology needed here frankly
Old 04-29-2007, 11:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

Frankly, I just wanted to say I am sending you hugs and prayers. You know Frankly at times we all lose our cool and recongnizing it is a good thing. I am not sure exactly what your refering to but remember we are here regardless for you.

Have a good night Frankly and have sweet dreams!

Hugs,
Jewel
Old 04-30-2007, 12:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sunny Side Up

I understand, I have done this myself. We loose track of who we really are in all of this madness.
Its because you are frustrated, tired and need to vent it. All Ok. and I hope you are now.
Old 04-30-2007, 02:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Frankly, you'll notice I didn't get the steel toed bunny slippers out and that is because the people who were posting here from another site, were here for the sole purpose of pushing our buttons and not for recovery at all.

That doesn't excuse your outburst or my own anger, but it is one reason that I try to be really careful when someone or something triggers the worst in me.

Just know that you are more than welcome to post here anytime and that your one outburst was understandable if not justified.

And I think it takes a lot of recovery to post what you have posted here. There's lots of light shining through your struggle, I promise.

Hugs
Old 04-30-2007, 02:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
rozied

Dear Frankly, I did not notice it either. Is it any wonder we lose our cool dealing with addiction. It does make you crazy after a while.
Love,
Diane
Old 04-30-2007, 03:25 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

(((Frankly))) You are forgiven. Now forgive yourself and please continue to post when you are feeling better. Hugs, Marle
Old 04-30-2007, 03:50 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Jeez, I missed it....

Glad you are back,
Old 04-30-2007, 04:37 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

Getting angry and blowing off steam is just a passing storm. Sometimes you need anger to move forward through the storm so you can look back in the evening light and see the rainbow.
Old 04-30-2007, 08:14 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

(((((((Frankly))))))
I've found anger often is disguising somehting else. I can appreciate why you lost your temper...it's the kind of post I avoid like the plague. I admire your strength and recovery in coming here and posting this; I know it was necessary and that makes it even more appreciated.

I hope you can work through the anger and find what is at its root. You have certainly had more than enough to deal with, so having some anger erupt isn't surprising...I pray you can find peace and serenity soon. Hugs...Pleas eknow we are always here!
Old 04-30-2007, 08:53 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

hugs & prayers for you frankie. i want you to know that while you are taking your break i will be one that misses you. i really do not know what you are talking about but regroup & i hope to see ya soon.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:10 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Quite Frankly I think you Rock...

And ditto to what Ann said, they're were button pushers here.
It's hard and a normal reaction sometimes. Forgive yourself
and let it go (when your ready).
Old 04-30-2007, 10:31 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Frankly,
I didn't notice either, but I'm glad you're back with us.
Even the best of families sometimes have disagreements; it just means we care a lot about what we're trying to say. Not the end of the world.

Take care now
GiveLove
Old 05-01-2007, 04:45 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Frankly,

Went and found what you were talking about. I realize that there is no thing as justifiable anger but since there's not - that's as close to it as you can get. That was a hairball that needed to come out.

What did I learn from it? It brought up a lot in me....first of all, for me it was all about all the times I've felt missled, turned against, mocked, and treated as a less than (poor unfortunate). "I'm enlightened and better than you" is a real trigger for me. Where I get mad now is that I tee myself up for those situations. One of my character attributes is my greatest character defects......accepting of others. Sometimes (a lot of times) I err on the side of putting up with too much.

Cudos for recognizing when you need to step back and take a breath. That is what I love about our forum......we stay, weave in and weave out - yet there remains a constant. I learned a lot from your experience and I appreciate your sharing your feelings and experience. The main thing I was reminded of is to always do a 10th step. Look at your recovery shining!

Thanks for helping me grow today! Donna
Old 05-01-2007, 08:20 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

I admire your strength and recovery in coming here and posting this; I know it was necessary and that makes it even more appreciated.

Sorry about that...it was supposed to say "i know it was NOT necessary"

Note to self, stop posting when you are exhausted...
Old 05-01-2007, 09:19 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
On a tear

I got my buttons pushed on this site once (well more than once...but one time that I really REACTED) and then found myself coming back to try to make amends.

Damn... I didn't LIKE that part! I am far more aware today when I AM getting triggered.... in a way that "intellectually knowing" didn't give me.

Everything is a lesson.... sometimes a different one than we expect.

Thank you for modeling excellent recovery, friend.... (((hugs))))
Old 05-02-2007, 09:02 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
'Round and 'Round I Go....

I didn't notice any outburst from you either. Does the same theory of "If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it does it still make a sound?" apply to "If no one noticed your outburst......"
Old 05-02-2007, 01:54 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

you private messaged me when Keith passed, you reached out to a stranger. When you feel ready to talk or vent, I'm here.........Marian