Notices

i admit it

Old 04-29-2007, 04:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy i admit it

i admit I have a serious problem with drink, I drink when I'm low, I drink too pick me up, I drink too block feelings..I drink when I feel out of control..drink is my life, I don't control drink it controls me. I drink 2 much, I feel lower when I've been drinking, I more su*c*dal when I've been drinking, I become worse when I've been drinking. I don't remember last nite I won't too far again. I don't feel part of this world, I feel so isolated and out of it today. I'm not going to drink today, please is it possible to stop drinking, self medicating. I want to but I'm not sure I can do this alone.
Old 04-29-2007, 05:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey lost child,

Thats the 1st step!, "we admitted we were powerless and our lives were unmanageable". See, you're on your way. I know how you must be feeling right now,
we've all been there. But I can tell you for sure it does get better and better. Remember, Just don't pick up the first drink one day at a time. Each day you'll feel better.
Hang in there.
Old 04-29-2007, 05:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

LC, for me... as chic'y just mentioned
"we admitted we were powerless and our lives were unmanageable"
that was the easy part... the hard part... "accepting it"... on that daily basis...

at the panal last night.. topic... "its the first drink that gets us drunk"

xxoo, rz
Old 04-29-2007, 05:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

About a year ago I admitted that I was powerless over my addiction and that my life was unmanageable. It was a terrible blow for me! I knew that I was going to loss the best friend that I have always had. But that friend turned on me and I knew that I could no longer depend of that friend. That friend to me was anything to take away the pain and when I finally saw that it was sickening. The reason being is after I finally admitted to it what was I going to do now.

Well I kept going to meetings, I kept taking suggestions, I kept the dope/alcohol/women out of my life for almost a year now. Are things different today, yes they are different. I don't think that it is reality for us to be yippie skippie all the time! I don't think that anyone can be in this world in which we live in and with all the Problems that each of us have to face on a daily basis. But the Program gives us all a way out and not only that but it teaches us how to live on a daily basis without the use of dope.

Lost

the last few days have been really hard on me. I have been thinking that since I am clean that I don't have a lot of friends. But it takes a friend to be a friend and I am learning that lesson. I have been really lonely lately even being in a room full of people. I know that you can relate to this! Have I wanted to cover up that loneliness, sure who wouldn't, but it stopped working for me. I choose today to stay clean and wait until this passes.

Glad that you are here.

With Love and Respect

Vic
Old 04-29-2007, 05:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Hope3

Lost, you have an illness, what do we do when we

have an illness, we go to a doctor. Not just any doctor,

but a doctor that fits that Illness. You need to get assessed

by a doctor that has experience with alcohol addiction.

Together, you can move forward, in treating your illness.

thats it, it's ok to ask for help, you are not alone, there are

23 million people with an addiction out there, a very treatable

illness, if you are willing to get the help you need..

Move forward for you, best wishes, hope3
Old 04-29-2007, 06:02 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Lost,

You're moving in the right direction. Stick with us - we are stronger together.

Vic, 'it takes a friend to be a friend' that really stuck out for me because I have felt lonely/friendless lately too - but you're right - don't give in to the craving, because the feeling passes. Just maybe not right away! Thanks for sharing that.

Rowan
Old 04-29-2007, 07:17 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you for your replies. I feel so sick at the moment, I can't stop shaking, my chest is tightening and I feel completely out of my body. Everything feels blurry, like I'm living in a fog at the moment. Surly this isn't normal I don't feel well.
Old 04-29-2007, 07:57 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Hope3

((((((((((((((Lost))))))))))))))

Please see a doctor Lost.

Hope3
Old 04-29-2007, 08:25 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Admitting you can't control drinking is a huge step, you have just taken your first step on the road to recovery!

I know you are in a very dark place right now but believe me when I say alcohol will only make things worse, alcohol will keep you depressed and hinder any chance of happiness you have.

I also think as others have said, that you should see a doctor really soon.
Old 04-29-2007, 08:33 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Life is Grand

You are not alone (((((Lost)))))

I agree with everyone else, a Doctor visit would be the place to start.

Cathy
Old 04-29-2007, 08:52 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lost_child View Post
Thank you for your replies. I feel so sick at the moment, I can't stop shaking, my chest is tightening and I feel completely out of my body. Everything feels blurry, like I'm living in a fog at the moment. Surly this isn't normal I don't feel well.
See a Doctor. However, what you are feeling is normal. It's withdraw.

I'm glad you realize you can't do this yourself. I had to get pretty beat up before I surrendered.

I would HIGHLY suggest some face to face in the real world. Preferably AA. I was in the same spot as you and others here, and that's what keeps me sober.

Hang in there, it gets better it really does.
Old 04-29-2007, 09:13 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hey Lost , Sorry to hear about your hard times , but thankful to see your posts , I recently had to admit that I was powerless over my addictions , and this was not a hard thing for me to do , Because I WAS , However the transition from active to recovering can be difficult for some , and I had thought that I was amongst those would do , I realized that I had not applied the advise, principles and (proven to work ) techniques and applications to turn my life around I only went through the exterior motions , going to meetings and not listening , praying for guidance and ignoring the answers , knowing that I need help and not asking for assistance . I have actively applied everything taught and learned within the last 8 days directly to my life and I am happy to say that my life has changed for the better because of it . Some may feel that it takes a looong time to see the results of actively seeking ,applying and following the steps , but I am a living testiment that that isn't always the case ,I feel as though God answered my prayers because I sincerly meant it , I wasn't praying so that the stuff that I had done be forgiven or that miraculously ,somehow he would provide money to pay the bills that I have neglected , that the wife doesn't throw me out , I didn't really care about those things immediately , I wanted and asked for help to get help with my addiction , those other things were out of my control to start with . I completely surrendered ALL of it !!! and I am better because of it ,the wife can throw me out , utilities cut off , forgiveness may not be offered or granted but I will never stop the process of my recovery , i cannot compromise on that , no way !!! I pray that you find the strength to begin and maintain your journey on the road of recovery , praying seriously for you , and hoping that you feel better , much love for you, Lost. JEI
Old 04-29-2007, 09:45 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I'm really struggling with not going to the shops and get myself a drink, my stomach is hurting my chest hurts. Hot and cold sweats, bursting into tears, I'm a complete mess normally I would open a can, open the vodka and drink to numb the pain, make it all stop. I am going to call the doctors tomorrow I can't wait till the end of the week its too long, I need help sooner cause I really don't feel strong enough to do this.
Old 04-29-2007, 10:20 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

rehab helped me at first.(28 days)
it was a safe place to be and learn about my dis-ease.
just a suggestion.
hang in there.

KOKO

P.S. as a result of going to rehab I was introduced to the rooms of Alcoholics Anonymous,scary at first for me,but by the grace of God to my understand I no longer feel the need to drink or use today.
odat

in love and service Glen C.
Old 04-29-2007, 02:07 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Good point No Prob. But, when you get out, FOLLOW UP WITH AA (or another program).

I though if I could just make it through the withdraw, I'd be OK. I made it 6 weeks.....
Old 04-30-2007, 10:47 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

"but I'm not sure I can do this alone.........."

Then WHY R U ?
Old 04-30-2007, 12:05 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're going to the dr.
Old 04-30-2007, 12:17 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

(((((Lost Child))))) wish I could give you a hug.

There's not much more that I can say after what everyone has said here to help you. It's suck a vicious circle isn't it? BUT it can stop, I'm happy you're going to your Dr to...be open and honest, don't mess around, that's what I did in the end, it was my last resort, I tried everything, don't ever ever give up on this, as it's been said here....you're not alone ever, I felt that way pretty much all of my life till I finally opened my eyes to realise WE aren't alone, we all understand each other here.

Hang in there, I hope you're feeling better today.

Lots of love,
Hugs....Denise

P.S. Your user name jumps out at me, makes my heart ache, cause I understand.
Old 04-30-2007, 12:35 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hey lost child thinking of you Ive down now nearly eight days
take care your cyber friend Ang
Old 04-30-2007, 08:07 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Hope3

Hi lost, hows it going today....come back and

check in please........hope3