sweet hope

Old 04-25-2007, 07:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

sweet hope

I received a note today from the young woman my daughter was introducing to program at the county jail. She has been in and out of the system for most of her young life, grew up surrounded by addiction and got addicted to heroin. This time she has been confined long enough to find some clarity. She may be eligible for parole within a couple of months and knows that she does not want to go back to where she was because she knows she will be lost. I know of some possibilities for indigent addicts and sent her some information. Although a minimum security work release center, this facility offers absolutely nothing to give people a chance at rehabilitation. The social worker that comes in refused to even let her use an office phone to place calls, so she is inquiring via letters. I hope she is very proud of the steps she is taking to help herself. How difficult in the circumstances, but to me it demonstrates her commitment to recovery.

Her note touched my heart. Sometimes it is difficult to remember the person hidden beneath addiction so I wanted to share her kindness and hope with you. Please if you can, keep C in your prayers that she may find the opportunity she seeks to stay on the recovery path.

Dear Mrs *,
I want to thank you for taking the time to send me information on the programs. I was so excited when M told me you were mailing information about rehab. It feels so good to know someone cares.

I mailed them letters and I hope to hear from them soon. I am detemrined to get my life back and want more than anything to live a clean, sober life. I really appreciate your help. Thank you Love, C
Old 04-25-2007, 07:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Greet,

Thank you so very, very much for sharing this. It brought tears to my eyes. I am hoping and praying that this young woman finds what she needs in life.

Love,
GiveLove
Old 04-25-2007, 08:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
cmc

Thanks Greet for sharing this with us. Reading about C touches my emotions and I will pray for her and also say a prayer of thanks for you and your daughter's part in helping C find a new life.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing with us, and it's great that you're helping people out. I find myself being so able to be sensitive and compassionate for addicts that aren't my husband. I'm thinking of getting certified as a substance abuse counselor to be able to help. The young lady is lucky to have found someone like you!
Old 04-25-2007, 09:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
grateful rca

the letter is so touching, i pray that she can find what she needs and that she stays commited to staying clean. i'll keep you both in my prayers
Old 04-26-2007, 04:12 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Greet, Thank you for sharing. Will keep C in my prayers. Sending big hugs for (((M))).
Old 04-26-2007, 04:43 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

thank you for sharing.there is people out there that really want a better life & do not know how to go about getting it.thank you for trying to help this young lady.my prayers are sent up for her.
Old 04-26-2007, 04:54 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

It sounds like she is speaking from the heart. It is wonderful when addicts get a chance to find a moment of clarity and experience their "real" selves. Sounds like she has a tough row to hoe. I pray that she finds the strength to have the determination to do so.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:07 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Living in the light

Greet, it's beautiful that you reached out and touched this woman's life.
By sharing kindness and hope with her, it's come back to you in her letter.
There's a saying: All love given returns. I've always found it to be true. I just never know where it may come from and yet I find it often in my life.
I'll remember C in my prayers. May she find the courage and strength to live a life free of heroin addiction.
Hugs and Love
Old 04-26-2007, 05:44 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

(((greet)))

I can see why this touched your heart and my hope is that by reaching out and letting C know that someone cares, she will realize that she is worthy of a better life. It's stories like this that remind me our journey is not in vain and we never know when something we've learned can help another. God bless you and your daughter for making a difference in this young woman's life

love and prayers ~

deedee
Old 04-26-2007, 05:47 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

There is always hope. Adding my prayers with the others.. I pray for addicts to find recovery often.