popping back in again....

Old 04-24-2007, 07:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

popping back in again....

Hello everyone! I've been peeking in now and again but haven't posted much at all. Been hangin out next door. Not alot has changed with my daughter, but alot has changed with me. I am doing pretty good. Learning and letting go. Boy it's harder than any subject I ever had in school!
Daughter has been in and out of rehab. Got hooked with heroin. Did some time in jail. (something I never imagined would happen) Lost her house, car, material possessions, friends, self respect, job, and bascially her life, without the process of dying. She stays with a heroin user. She doesn't have much use for me lately, since I say "NO" instead of yes, to all of her wants now. She still calls from time to time, asking for cigarrettes and money. As soon as I say no, she hangs up. All of the last resort "bottoms" that I thought would surely make her wake up have come and gone without the slightest reaction from her. So I'm just hanging in there working on myself. Picked up a second job, to stay busy. I think I'll be checkin in with you guys to get the support that I need. I was hesitant to come back over, but what the heck....I need all the hugs, and support I can get!
Old 04-24-2007, 07:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

((((Velvet))) It's wonderful to see you back and for all your troubles you sound like you have found a peaceful place for yourself.

Like your daughter, my son continues his journey "out there" and my prayers go out for both of them.

hugs
Old 04-24-2007, 07:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ann, thank you. Alot of new faces here, but still alot of the good "ole" ones too! I've really been working on myself. Doing alot of reading and spending time doing things I want to do or get done. Broke off the 7 year relationship I was living for....he was doing coke and I finally said enough is enough...how many addicts does one need in their life to get by! I have found peace within myself. I actually enjoy spending time alone. I've done alot of things that I've wanted to do. Instead of things that everyone else wants me to do. It feels pretty good. Still have my days, though....definately not at the end of the tunnel, but that opening sure is getting closer!
Old 04-24-2007, 08:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

Hey ((velvet))
It's wonderful to see you again. I'm sorry to hear about your daughter, but all things considered, you sound really good.
I'll be keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 04-24-2007, 08:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi velvet
I also have a daughter out there who suddenly stopped talking to me when the money stopped! Imagine that!
You sound like you are doing a great job.
Hugs from one mom to another
We all just wait together and work on ourselves!
Terri
Old 04-24-2007, 08:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

((((((Velvet)))))

I thought I saw you peeking in the window I'm so happy to have you popping back in! I'm so sorry to hear your daughter is still out there. I think of the two of you often and always keep you in my prayers.

I'm glad you are finding some peace and learning to enjoy being with yourself. It's a precious feeling, although I know it isn't always a smooth ride. Reading, sharing and growing within ourselves is a very interesting journey.

Hugs and prayers. I have hope that some day your daughter and all the addicts here will find their way back to the light.

Old 04-25-2007, 03:46 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Velvet, Welcome back. I saw that you were on the other day and was going to give a shout, but thought that I would wait and see if you posted. Our AD's sound like they are in a similar place. Mine does the same. Calls every once in a while to see if maybe I have changed my mind about helping her. When she sees my recovery is still in place, she has no use for me either. I guess that they need to dig a little deeper to find bottom. Sounds like you are staying strong and focused on you. Good for you. Don't be a stranger. Hugs, Marle
Old 04-25-2007, 04:05 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks you guys.
Greet, I love your signature pic. That's beautiful.
This place sure is busy. Hard to keep track of one's posts! It's sad that there are so many of us that need support, but good that it is strong, here.
Off to work, but I'll be back.
Old 04-25-2007, 05:38 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Living in the light

Velvet, It's nice to "see" you back. Despite ADs continued using, you are taking such great care of you. Your recovery shines through all you posted.
Keep coming back sweetie. We have so many newcomers that need all of us
as we share and encourage them.
Hugs
Old 04-25-2007, 06:11 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Velvet,
I'm so happy to see you back!
As for your daughter,
sorry she hasn't "got" it yet,
but there's always hope.

glad you're here!
Old 04-26-2007, 07:47 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

hi velvet, welcome back...it sounds as if you are doing good in your recovery.keep up the good work. i am sorry your daughter is not doing good. i will say a prayer for her.keep coming back
Old 04-26-2007, 07:51 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Velvet....welcome back...you sound strong, this is good.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:23 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
grateful rca

welcome back, sorry to hear about your daughter, i pray that she finds her way soon, you sound really strong and its good to see that you are sticking to your boundarues and focusing on you, still praying for ya
Old 04-26-2007, 10:29 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
On a tear

Wow, Velvet... what changes I see in you, girl!

I am glad you are back, and sad that AD has not decided yet on sobriety and recovery... it took my AD a while, and AS is back out again. I guess we never can tell the future.

But the insight you have about YOU is excellent... great choice on the limiting of addicts in your life... smile, and that too shows a lot of progress - choosing a decision because it's what YOU need.

Oh yeah, before I forget....

Here's a (((Hug))) just for you, friend!

(((Velvet)))
Old 04-27-2007, 03:24 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hey there velvet, been wondering how you & your daughter have been doing. You sound awesome!! Nice to see ya.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:13 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

((((((Velvet)))))))

So sorry to hear your daughters not ready for recovery yet.
You seem to be going full steam ahead with your own.
That's great.
We've missed ya and are glad your able to stop in and update.
Sending prayers and hugs out to you and your daughter today.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:17 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Still Standing

Welcome back, Velvet. I'm been thinking of you and wondering where you were and how you were doing. You do sound good under the circumstances. I'm sorry that your daughter's not done yet. My grown son is certainly not done yet and everything is really starting to slam down on him. He still acts like everyone, including the law enforcement, is just so unreasonable. It's unfathomable. They'll each GET IT when the time is just right. We can never lose hope.
(((((((((((Caring Hugs))))))))))))
Old 04-28-2007, 12:54 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hello Velvet - I'm a Mom of an AD - she is still working but miss mtg payment this month and that is something that will be my problem as mortgagee - good to read posts from other Moms who are good examples - you can certainly get all the (((HUGS))) and Prayers you want from me for you and your daughter