Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Any Moms Out There Keeping Sane While Not Using Part 26 (XXVI)

Notices

Old 04-23-2007, 01:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Yet another continuation of the longest and fastest thread in the known universe (on SR anyway).

Here's a back-link to the previous one;
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-25-a-17.html

Go Go Sober Moms!

Old 04-23-2007, 01:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

i am the first
Old 04-23-2007, 02:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Oh man!!!!! I was so close...
Old 04-23-2007, 04:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

2 hrs have gone by without chatting mamas.. what's up?
Old 04-23-2007, 04:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I hope you all are ok- I'm off to my son's baseball game. A 7:30 game- will probably go until close to 9! For a 5th grader.. how ridiculous is that!?! Dh has a game at 9 tonite- I said.. I hope you won't have your feelings hurt, but I'm not staying!

xoxo T
Old 04-23-2007, 04:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Dang it! I missed it again. We were on page 20 when I last checked. Busy day at work.

Jackie - The cake, ho ho ho, man was that gooooooooood!
Old 04-23-2007, 04:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

My kid is 11 and he has regularily been at practice till 10 for hockey. On a school nite! WTF!!!!!
Old 04-23-2007, 04:33 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Man, I checked in right before the midas touch. I could have been first.
Old 04-23-2007, 04:52 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

hi ladies.....i've been so busy today.....ok, i took a nap..lol.....i've done nothing at all today except pick up some m&m's off of the floor......i'm sooo lazy........had a little headache but loving my new meds...they work better when i sleep a little.......i wish i could catch up with what's going on....can someone give me the cliff note version? i'd appreciate it...

mtmagic......hugs going out to you...

hope 7, glad i made you laugh..can't wait to get to know you.....

beezy, i've missed you, too....you have no idea.....

petie.....love you, sweetie......

scoot, hows the family/ marital stuff? hope things are good

jane, i'm so freakin proud of you my friend.....

igfan, missed you girl

c'est...when do you get back to the states??

tammy, don't listen to those people..your friend just wants to believe you don't have a problem.....but you know yourself better than anyone.....you are so strong, sweetie...

jackie, how did the meeting go? you'll make it through this....think of it as a learning experience and motivation to stay sober.....

anyone i missed, i love you all, you know that......hope everyone is well today.....

hugs'
ayla
Old 04-23-2007, 05:03 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Life is Grand

Hi mommies, I just booted my Son off the computer for a moment..had to get my SR fix...whew...I feel better already....
Old 04-23-2007, 05:28 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

the meeting was good ayla---although as soon as i walked in the electrcity went out--so my officer rescheduled me for may 14th---oh-well i still wasn't feeling to good anyway (the cough is still lingering) so i got to walk out 5 minutes after i walked in---and also my motivation to stay sober was 3 days in jail---probation will just keep me on the right track--(hopefully) LOL!!!
Old 04-23-2007, 05:28 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

i know the feeling, surly.....
Old 04-23-2007, 05:30 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

that's something that would happen to me......i would be so worried about something, and then the power would go out.......just my luck.....
Old 04-23-2007, 05:30 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

petie ---- the cake was sooooo yummy wasn't it ???? LOL!!!!!!
Old 04-23-2007, 06:54 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Having more as we speak. This is why I run
Old 04-23-2007, 07:39 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Where is everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-23-2007, 07:39 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

hi girls, popping in to say goodnight. **{hugs to all}}

ayla--so glad you're back. things are stable at present on the homefront.

surly--good to see ya!

petie--thanks for the shinsplints advice!
Old 04-23-2007, 07:45 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Good night to all. Missed you tonight. Grilled out and ate cake. I feel bloated but happy. Must be the chocolate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love all you
Old 04-23-2007, 08:06 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

What cake?????
Old 04-23-2007, 08:38 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

hello moms!! wow - i can't believe this thread has grown into the longest one on SR, as Midas said. but i have to say that i am honored to be a part of this group.

ok, so since i feel like you are good friends of mine, i need some advice, but first here's my day...

i guess i had a pretty decent birthday today... nothing too special... i went to work and had 3 meetings instead of the usual 5 or 6. i had several surprises throughout the day, with emails and calls from friends and coworkers just walking by, saying "happy birthday", which was really nice. after work, i stopped by carrabbas and treated myself to dinner and got a free dessert... = ) i know, you probably think "wow does this girl not have any friends?" i do, but they were all busy today and had other plans and some were on business trips. anyway, i got some packages in the mail today. i got the 1st season of dawson's creek on DVD (i know, it's an old cheesy show, but i still love it) and a best buy gift card from my parents. my brother sent me a best buy gift card and my sister sent me a bunch of stuff from hawaii, where she just got back from vacation...

so here's my deal. i'm feeling a little sad, and i may be totally wrong for feeling this way, considering there are so many bad things happening in this world to people all the time, like the VT trajedy, and therefore i should be blessed and thankful to have what i have and be where i am in my life. so, please tell me if i'm being selfish and ridiculous here, but... here goes...

every year since i can remember, i have always gotten a call from my brother and from my sister on my birthday. i'm pretty close to both of them. both have kids and they always call on my b-day and sing "happy birthday" to me and have done that every year on my b-day since the kids could sing... and even b4 that, my brother and sister would call and sing it to me themselves. this year, neither one of them called me and i have no idea why. my parents called and we had a wonderful conversation for about an hour, and my mom was even shocked to hear that my brother and sister had not called me. the thing is, i live in florida and they (my family) all live in alabama and kentucky and they have families to celebrate their birthdays with, but i live alone. i know i am the one who chose to move here, away from my family, and i choose to live alone, BUT... i just don't get it, considering they have always called EVERY year on my b-day. am i being ridiculous and feeling sorry for myself? it's not like i'm completely torn apart by it... i'm just a little shocked and disappointed, not hearing those kids singing happy birthday to me. every year, when they sing that to me, i cry a little... it's a happy cry, but it just means so much to me. but they didn't call this year, neither one of them. is that stupid for me to be upset about this? it's just weird to me. i guess i was expecting the calls and was looking forward to them all day and since i didn't get them, i'm just a little upset about it (ok, maybe more than a little... lol) and so i wanted to ask you all what you think. i know i'm acting like, poor me, poor me... right? am i just feeling sorry for myself? maybe i am. but i do have a question - if i'm right to feel this way, would it be wrong to say something to either one of them tomorrow, and if so, what would i say? or should i just let it go...?
you can be honest with me and tell me if i'm acting immature about this... seriously.