bad news

Old 04-21-2007, 09:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
~Amanda~

Arrow bad news

Well my aunts and uncle went to my af's house right and said THIS DRINKING HAS TO STOP....Wellll he stopped for a couple of days and then he got hammered and I guess their dog was making my brother mad so my brother kicked the dog a little bit and all of the sudden my drunken father is on top of my brother beating my brother up....my brother called my mother crying and his gf ended up taking him to the hospital and he found out he has torn ligiments in his leg and might need surgery. I can tell you one thing once I get down there to where that man lives hes getting a piece of my mind. No more miss nice girl... I'm tried of this crap.
Old 04-21-2007, 09:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

So sorry you're having to deal with this drama. Take care of yourself.
Old 04-21-2007, 10:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
On a tear

(((Amanda))))

Boy, do I remember the chaos and the drama.... what happened for me was I got involved in my own life very much. I tended to not get involved in the drama of my parents and remaining siblings so much. In the long run, that made my relationship with them better.

Maybe you don't need to tell your dad your opinion of him today.

After years and years of dealing with addiction and alcoholism, I believe the 3Cs they taught me in Alanon....

I can't cause addiction/alcoholism
I can't control addiction/alcohlism
I can't cure addiction/alcoholism

(((hugs))))
Old 04-22-2007, 04:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

I agree with the others and I am sorry you are facing all these issues.

BTW there is NO reason EVER to kick a dog or any other pet.. and there is no such thing as kicking a dog or any other animal "a little bit." I worked with abused animals.

Maybe when you get there you should remove the pets to a shelter.
Old 04-22-2007, 05:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

(((Amanda))) Sending some hugs. I know you don't want to hear this, but maybe it would be better for you to let your brother and dad decide things for themselves. No place worse than being between two addicts. Taking care of you is your first priority. They are adults. As for the torn ligaments, I am recuping from a broken knee and I feel for your brother. That one is going to hurt for a while. Sending you some hugs and prayers that things will work out. Hugs, Marle
Old 04-22-2007, 02:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

honey, i am sorry for all of this.sounds as if you are being pulled into this.this is not your responsibality. let go or get dragged.read around. work on your recovery. you deserve better.hugs,
Old 04-22-2007, 04:54 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I am sure this is a difficult situation for you....

as much as you'd like to be able to put an end to this violent and destructive behavior it's not possible as long as they both are in active addiction

if there is some distance between you and them (geographic) you are
fortunate...as difficult as this is, having a front row seat is even worse....

you can pray for them and when they begin their journey to recovery you can support their efforts

until then you need to take care of yourself

ultimatums given to addicts fall on deaf ears and will cause you more distress then it will cause your father or brother

pray for them...that's really all you can do just now
Old 04-22-2007, 08:03 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Amanda,

I'm like BigSis, I remember when I was young and my family had all that chaos too. It certainly takes something out of you, that's for sure. I got on with my life and really tried not to pay too much attention to them. I turned all my energy towards myself. So sorry you're going through this.
Old 04-22-2007, 08:55 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

(((((Amanda)))))
I'm so sorry you have to deal with this. The drama surrounding addiction never stops. The only thing that we have any control over is how we respond to the drama. We can't fix it, but we can take care of ourselves.

I find Naranon meetings help me so much...Talking directly with people who understand and getting that support is wonderful. Hugs
Old 04-22-2007, 09:18 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

so sorry everything is such a mess-maybe it has forsed you to make a decision--this is not how you want to live--I feel sorry for everyone involved---even the poor dog!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
ATT000062.jpg (30.1 KB, 24 views)