Hmmp, Just a small word! NO

Old 04-20-2007, 04:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Hmmp, Just a small word! NO

I am still swimming in the pond of life, doing the crawl, and moving forward.

My ex-hubby's will still has not been probated, won't go into all the nonsense, but "his" loving children who had not seen him for 10 years, are suing me for claiming the IRA's that he left to me. It is a frivilous suit, and won't hold any water, but, I have to go through the motions. It will all be ok, his will eventually will be probated, time is on my side.

The real news is:

Ex-abf is getting out of prison early, like 5 months sooner than I expected, good behavior time and some new law in Florida, to move non-violent offenders out earlier, to clear out the clog in the system. So, it appears he will be out by June 1st.

His potential probation officer called me and came to my house. It was a very interesting conversation. The crux of it was,since he had lived here for longer than 6 months prior to his arrest and this was his home too, and, he wanted to check it out to see if it was a "good" enviorment for him.

EXCUSE ME, this is not his house, and, he is NOT coming back here. Sorry lady, it's Florida law. Sorry sir, I don't care, he is not living here...he and you both can pound sand, not going to happen. He proceeded to tell me I had no
choice, sorry sir, I do...

So, guess who is going on a long vacation, me, and it starts on May 15th, I have taken a leave of absence from my job (ok with them otherwise I was going to quit)cranking up the motorhome, putting the hurricane shutters down, and, hitting the road, to parts unknown.

I can wait them out, it is not a problem, I have wanted to travel anyway.

So, off I go...and looking forward to the trip, so are the doggies and my kitty.

Florida law really sucks, it favors the crimminal, not the victim, or the home owner for that matter.

So, friends and neighbors "We" may be heading your way...do you have an open door policy and a looooong driveway...if so, you may see me and Madam Dolly, can't go anywhere without her, I've tried, not a pretty story..

I am fine, not stressed, and am glad to be able to drive the big home on wheels...it's 38 feet, plus the car, we are talking almost 60 feet to navigate
over the road...not bad for a golden oldie!

Pedal to the metal, here I go!

As Ever, just me,

Dolly
Old 04-20-2007, 04:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good grief (((Dolly))) That really stinks, but I'm so glad to hear you have a Plan B and you sound excited about it! I think you're very brave to drive something that big and I'm sure it will be quite an adventure. We have a long driveway and a couple acres, so if you pass thru Maryland, give us a hollar.
Old 04-20-2007, 04:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

LOL, Dolly you present a very funny mental visual of you driving that monster.

Have you asked your lawyer about this? Just because Mr. Potential Officer of Probation (let's just call him POP) thinks it's so doesn't make it so.

How can anyone have the right to go back to a home where the locks have been changed and they are not wanted because of their previous drug use?

If it is so, lock up your valuables before you hit the road.

Hugs
Old 04-20-2007, 04:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That is not fair at all. You shouldn't have to run. Show me a law that says we have to live with someone we don't want to live with. There is no such law anywhere in the world. No Government would allow that. New Zealand is nice this time of year. My door is wide open.
Old 04-20-2007, 05:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I know you don't really know me, but you sure have given me some good honest advice and I can tell by your posts that you have a lot of wisdom and you speak with confidence which tells me you know what you're talking about. I hate you feel you must leave but it sounds like you are making it a positive thing for you. Be safe, have fun, and if you're ever in Statesville NC my driveway and door is open as well.
Old 04-20-2007, 05:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Yes, I understand, yet, in many ways Florida is not part of the world as we know it...it is the worst state to accomplish tossing someone out of your house.

No, I haven't talked to my attorney, why, well, they only interpet the law, the business of my life is mine to handle. I can waste time fighting it, or, I can go forward and enjoy myself...I choose enjoying myself.

I really don't feel like I am running, to me, it is a proactive way to avoid all the nonsense the "law" imposes on we, the lawful ones, and truthfully I need a vacation...this has been one heck of a year for me.

I am really excited to hit the road, traveling in the motorhome is second nature to me, it really is a wonderful experience, so many new sights to see, so many new people to meet, more fodder for my books.

I'll be back, my home will be there, and he won't be there...that I can assure you of.
Old 04-20-2007, 05:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

P.S. When I say "new law" I mean brand new state law, I believe even the lawyers and POP's don't fully understand it, it just hit the books in March and it is a toss up as to what can and cannot be done...I really don't have the patience to try and figure it out and I have more important things to do, like live my life.
Old 04-20-2007, 05:36 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Dolly. I am so sorry when I said you were running. I didn't understand and I thought maybe you were feeling forced to leave. I completely understand. You could sit around and "fight" or you could hit the road and be happy. That is so cool. Do you have photos of your motorhome? Is it nice and cosy inside? Does it have a little kitchen and a little bathroom? Curtains? I LOVE that sort of thing.
Old 04-20-2007, 05:37 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

YOU GO DOLLY! YES! Honey, my door is open to you anytime! I have a driveway that you can park that home in and the car with plenty of room to turn that baby around. And I wasnt kidding about my door being open to you. I would love to have you as a guest for awhile. Maybe I wont let you go home.
Old 04-20-2007, 05:39 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Dollydo, you are one heck of a lady!!! I envy your ability to turn this around and make it work for you!!! I also envy you for being able to drive a motor home......and having the guts to take off!! I would so love to do that.
If you come as far as New England, I have a couple places open for you...but only if you give me some "gutsy" lessons!
Old 04-20-2007, 05:46 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Go, Dolly, Go!!!!!!!

You're one tough cookie,my friend! And I just love ya!!
Enjoy that trip of yours! I hope you have a laptop that you can take along and keep us update on your adventures!!!

((And...well...my driveway is kinda long...We'll figure something out if you ever make it up to Michigan!!)

Happy trails to you !!!!!!
Old 04-20-2007, 05:51 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Pilgrim,

My motorhome is nicer than my house, at least to me. It has two slide outs, a nice kitchen, microwave, washer, dryer and all the comforts one could want.

I took no offense about me running, if I am, so be it, I know I am running in the right direction, forward.

Gwen,

Thanks sweetie, I saw your great kitchen, and as you know, I love to cook, so there is no need to order out when we come a knockin... Madam Dolly is a great diswasher....she just tosses all the dishes in her bowling ball bag and shakes the h*ll out of em...better than an automatic dishwasher...Loh!
Old 04-20-2007, 06:06 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Living in the light

Dolly, you are one brave, adventurous woman. I admire your deciding to do what's best for you.
This law seems outrageously unconstitutional.
That said, I hope you'll find lots to enjoy in your travels.
Old 04-20-2007, 06:06 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Dolly

All I can say is, "You Go Girl". So very proud of you.
Old 04-20-2007, 06:33 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Dolly, Have a great trip. Are you bringing a computer along so you can keep us updated. Sounds like a great time. Hugs, Marle
Old 04-20-2007, 06:42 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

Wow Dolly! ROAD TRIP ROAD TRIP!!!! Complete with Dog and Cat! Yessss...

Rotten reason to go.. but it seems when life gives you lemons MAdam Dolly gets off her butt and makes lemonade!

I have a long empty drive way and extra baths, lots of room and a kitchen! You and Madam Dolly & Pets are always welcome here!
Old 04-20-2007, 07:22 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Dolly hun, if your journey happens to pass Canada.. come and pick me up! We can take turns driving while the other sleeps lol.

((Sorry to hear that nonsense.))
Old 04-20-2007, 07:40 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

ROad Trips are fun, but in the mean time, if the house is in your name, can't you just put it in a trust? Or set up a dummy corporation and put it in the corporations name (ie, sell it to the corporation) ? You could put the wheels in motion for all that while you are on your "vacation".
If you head to my neck of the woods, please stop and say hi! I always thought your posts were great!!
Old 04-20-2007, 07:56 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

A road trip in a bigger house on wheels than my house was in Florida.

Oh honey..........Do I soooooooo know what you're talking about when you talk of the laws in Florida. They put me through the ringer as you well know.

Come pick me up. I don't take up much room and roxy fits in a bag. LOL

I'm sorry this is happening to you. I know about the need to go.........wait things out.......done did it myself lol. Come to Texas. Yee Haw! You're always welcome where ever I'm at.
Hugs
kris
Old 04-20-2007, 08:01 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

well, one happy cat, it sounds fun to me...you do need to check that out before you leave or he may be in your house when you come back. are you leaving any day soon?