oh my

Old 04-20-2007, 10:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

oh my

so I get an email from my "best friend". She is now using to again and doesn't have the energy for all the stressful stuff in my life. Now I get a message from another friend who has decided not to talk to me.
Old 04-20-2007, 11:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
let it grow!

well, i'm sorry to hear that. how are you doing with getting to meetings? go early, stay late - you'll make new friends that way i bet! blessings, k
Old 04-20-2007, 12:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Kitcat-
I am sorry that your friend is using again.
I know how painful it is when an addict especially basically tells you that they can't handle "your stuff", implying that it's too much.
It's not.
They are just not equipped to handle their problems. Clearly they cannot deal with anyone elses. It is not reflection on you, but on their present circumstances.
You are still okay.
-I think I got this from Codependent No More.
Old 04-20-2007, 03:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
grateful rca

sorry that your friends feel this way, i agree with parent, you can meet real friends who can be there for you like you are there for them. still praying for ya
Old 04-20-2007, 08:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

sorry things are not going so good right now.i agree, go to a meeting & enjoy your friends there. they will listen to you & probley help you more than them.i hope things get better soon.hugs,hope
Old 04-20-2007, 08:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

What wonderful thoughts here...So true...it is not a reflection on you. I know how hurtful it is; I'm so sorry. I too found the support and friendship I could rely on in the rooms of Naranon. I was never one for many close friends...lots of acquaintances, but not many who "knew" me. But today I feel as if you all here and my Naranon family know the real me and care and support me anyway. What a wonderful feeling. I hope you will keep posting and try a few meetings. Hugs.