Child support?

Old 04-19-2007, 06:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
When Pigs Fly

Child support?

do any of you know how to get your child support. I know he (XAH) is working, I do not where. Only that it is in North Dekota. I want to try and garnish his pay, but how do I do that if I don't know where he is working?

Oh and my X calls his brother to check on his kids, but doesn't have the balls to call them here at the house. What an @$$.
Old 04-19-2007, 07:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I went to the county building and told them I wanted all the forms to file for child support. You don't have to find him, they will. They will find him via his social security number. They will garnish his wages and if he quits, he will build arrears. I'm not sure about California but I do know if you apply for benefits from social services, they will help you get support.
Old 04-19-2007, 07:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Simply contact your local child support agency. They will probably schedule an appointment for you to come in and tell you (or send you a notice in the mail) of what information they need.
As mallow said, you don't have to find him - they will. However, if you do have information, you are not allowed to withhold it.
Old 04-19-2007, 07:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You should be able to get support since the day he left. This is not a request for him to send what he can. They determine how much and he answers to them if he doesn't repond or honor the decree.
They will take his income refund and send it to you, they will garnish his wages, they will run his name through the computer at the DMV when he gets or renews his drivers license for back support.
That money isn't great but it sure helps.
Old 04-19-2007, 07:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

start with your local prosecutor....most counties have a program to collect child support and they will find him.

whatever you do, be very careful about signing on with independant agencies to collect for you....they guarantee results, but keep a huge portion for their fee....so i have heard from someone who went through one of these agencies. she was more for the satisfaction of nailing him to the wall, but it wasn't fair to her children imo. but then, she was financially stable.

the bmv put a lein on my x vehicle so that if it is ever sold, his ex wife would get the money. cooooool!!!!!!
Old 04-19-2007, 08:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
When Pigs Fly

Thanks, I already have a court order, I was jusy didn't know how to get it inforced, Thanks for the help/
Old 04-19-2007, 10:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You're in California. The FTB is responsible for collecting now, & they're REALLY aggressive.

Call the County and/or the FTB.