Notices

10 Days

Old 04-19-2007, 01:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

10 Days

My doc is crack cocaine and I am 10 days clean. I got to see my babies last Saturday for the first time in 6 months. Everytime I start getting tempted I just keep thinking about their little faces and how they screamed out of happiness for me when I walked through the door. I was scared they wouldn't remember me but they definitely did not forget. It was heartbreaking when I left. They got in the back of my car and would not get out. I have got to do this and do it right.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Arkansaschicky,

I'm glad to hear that you are 10 days clean. And, your children's faces should help to keep you going when things get tough. Do this for yourself and your children.
Old 04-19-2007, 02:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm glad you're here, AC. Well done on your clean time. Please keep posting - let us get to know you - wonderful network of support to be found here.

Rowan
Old 04-19-2007, 05:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing that with us. Keep checking in. Let us get to know you as you get to know us. We care!

Congrats on your clean days!
Old 04-19-2007, 05:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

AC,

So sorry you're having to see the babies that way. Maybe this time you might want to think about having some support around you. The odds are very small that you will stay clean trying it alone.

Please stay with us, we'll do what we can to help
Old 04-19-2007, 10:20 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you for the kind words. Y'all are so supportive and I am glad I found this site.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:26 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

even though it is hard and your addiction will scream at you to get high, those babies are soooo worth it. I have learned you can't buy back the precious time. My babies are still young but I want to be a positive influence in their life. I want to be present, they say the mother is the first teacher. keep on posting and keep coming back, you are worth it....

Prayers to you,

Lisa
Old 04-20-2007, 06:07 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Rock-chalk-jayhawk..

10 days off crack thats great to hear. i know its hard believe me. i suffer from the same addiction. keep those images in your head. your kids love you and they should be the main reason your doing this. im happy for you and i wish you good luck! your doing great...jason
Old 04-20-2007, 07:14 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
let it grow!

10 days is great, akchicky. keep doing the next right thing, and you'll see many rewards. blessings, k