XAH - Can he do this???

Old 04-19-2007, 10:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

XAH - Can he do this???

My daugter is suppose to be in a beauty pageant this weekend, we went and got her dress last night and she looks beautiful in her little dress.

My XAH just called me and told me that I could not put her in the pageant b/c I did not ask his permission. (He found out from sister who keep my boys, she told there mother and XMIL told XAH)

We have not heard from him in weeks. He had not seen my daughter since Christmas and my sons since January 31 and he now calls and tells me that I cannot put her in this pageant. CAN HE DO THAT??? Do I have to ask permission???

He told me to go back and look at the divorce papers that he has as much say as I do in what she does. I told him that if he wants to be that way about it to go back and look at the child support page and when he starts paying that then he can help make decisions in the kids lives. (I know I should not have said that, but he ticked me off)

It has been a wonderful few months, no fuss or fight and now I have a headache just from a 2 mins phone call fom him. He makes my blood boil!!!
Old 04-19-2007, 10:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
let it grow!

gosh, i don't know. can you call and ask your attorney? jeez, stuff like this just annoys me too. i can understand why you are frustrated. i got to the point with my ex that i just never took his calls. if it was important, he'd leave a message. usually, not a very nice message. but at least then, i had time to digest and take back my control in a situation. most of the stuff he called about after awhile, was just dumb anyway. he just liked to pick fights.

(ot, and not to swideswipe your post or concerns, but what did you name your dog?)

blessings, k
Old 04-19-2007, 10:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

here's what i say.....pppffffffftttt!!!!! big ole quacking duck ya got there.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
let it grow!

ok, i thought on this for another minute. if it were me i'd take her anyway and if he doesn't like it - let HIM call HIS attorney. k

he won't try to crash it or anything, will he?
Old 04-19-2007, 10:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

He does not have an attorney, he just signed the papers. I have a call into my attorney.

Oh Yeah, We named the pup Max.

I agree Jeri he is just a quacker
Old 04-19-2007, 10:29 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

i don't know about the whole legality of everything, but it seems like you have custody and you can do what you wish...

are you supposed to ask him before you take her to mcdonald's for dinner?
before you buy her a new pair of shoes?

what difference does it make?
Old 04-19-2007, 10:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Acting not reacting

How ridiculous.
Hes full of crap, put simply.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:38 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

He offers no reason for it. I would go full steam ahead and I'm sure that there will be security in place at a pagent like this. Igf he goes there and makes any kind if stink at all, he will be removed. Then he can explain to a Judge why he would humiliate his daughter that way.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:51 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LIFEOUTTHERE View Post
He does not have an attorney, he just signed the papers. I have a call into my attorney.

I'd ask your attorney.....AFTER the pagent. (for next time)

good luck
Old 04-19-2007, 11:10 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Occasional poor taste poster

No he can't do this. Not unless your PSA specifically states she is not to compete in any pageants w/out his consent AND, he's willing to take you to court to enforce it. Where by he will get his arse reamed by a judge for not paying CS.

Why no CS payments? You don't need a lawyer to have his wages garnished... check out your local social services to find out how.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:08 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Jazzman

Thanks, it does not have that in the papers at all.

He is not paying child support b/c he is not working, claims he has a back injury.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:45 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Tell him O.K., I will not put her in the pageant! But do it anyway.....what he does not know will not hurt him!
Old 04-19-2007, 12:47 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
let it grow!

quacking. doesn't have a leg to stand on. ignore him.

meanwhile, i agree - call your county child support office to see about getting the state involved in getting cs payments. i did, and i got a lot of free assistance.

(i like max.)

k
Old 04-19-2007, 01:49 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

duct tape works well on a big ole duck's bill. be nice, tho, and keep his airholes unobstructed.

good advice on child support....your children deserve it.
Old 04-19-2007, 02:26 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Royalty

Is it supposed to be his weekend? Or does it say that both parents must agree on extracurricular activities?

If it's his weekend, then he gets to decide where they go. If he has not used any of his visitation since January? then I wouldn't worry about it. If it's both parents must agree, that is just so it's agreed who will pay for it. (and you are not asking him to pay for half of the dress?) The worst that can happen to you, is that you take daughter to pagent, and ex files Contempt of Court papers. Then he has to prove that you did some horrible act so that he couldn't see his daughter.....(won't happen)....and the worst that can happen for daughter, is that she is not allowed to go to her pagent because someone (ex) couldn't grow up.

If he is actually using his visitation time, you can offer him a different day if the pagent falls on one of his days. Get it in writing, to show that you were trying to work this out without involving the court, just in case.

As for child support, if he is collecting disability benefits, those are considered income usable for child support. My ex went on disability for six weeks with a broken wrist, and I collected payments from that...in fact, I got double the payments (I tried to get them to stop, but child support office said, he must be getting his regular paycheck and disability, so they were giving me two payments).

Is the divorce final yet?
Old 04-19-2007, 02:40 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I would take her--tell him nothing--go after child support-all the above--he just doesn't want you to be happy--too bad for him--try not to let him know what you are up to so you don't have to listen to his BS....
Old 04-19-2007, 02:42 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

OH Max is a cute name--I was wondering--
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
1466498739_ORIG.jpg (8.6 KB, 58 views)
Old 04-19-2007, 03:28 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Oh please, he is just a quacking...go, enjoy yourself.

I wouldn't give it another thought.
Old 04-19-2007, 03:52 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

hope you both enjoy the pageant and she does well in it!
Old 04-19-2007, 04:57 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
My Cape Is at The Cleaners

I say tell him to pound sand.