Hi everyone!!

Old 04-19-2007, 07:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!!

I haven't posted here for quit a while, I've been under the weather and just haven't felt like posting. I hope to get back on my feet real soon. One thing I have to say is that a lot of us (me included) have taken our good health for granted. Even though I've had diabetes for 49 years (got it when I was 4) I've had a fairly healthy life. I was always on the go, had things to do and places to go. For the past 15 years I've had one health problem after another. So I live my life at a slower pace now. It has opened my eyes and made me realize that things could be worse, it could be so much worse. I've done a lot of thinking these past few years about my life, and each day I thank my HP for what he has given me. I've learned to enjoy life to it's fullest. Oh sure, I've had my problems, who hasn't, but there are people out there who has it worse. I pray for those people. I pray that they find the peace that I've found. Whether it's related to drugs/alcohol, sickness or whatever is making their life sad. My wise Mother always said "Sometimes we all have to find our own rainbow when we are feeling pain." How true is that?

I am so sorry for rambling on but I must tell you about my RAD. (It feels so good to write RAD!!) She is home from rehab and is doing real good. For some of you who don't know, I have temp. custody of her 3 daughters . She is so glad to be home and comes over to see her girls everyday. This is when the real test starts and so far she is doing a wonderful job. She told me that she wants to get her girls back but realizes she must concentrate on herself first. She knows she has to prove to the courts that she is well again and is capable of being a good mother. She said this is something she must prove to herself as well.

Thanks for letting me share but wanted to let all of you know that all is well on the home front.

Love Patti
Old 04-19-2007, 07:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
On a tear

((((PAtti)))) Thank you for this wonderful update!! And kudos for taking care of YOU.

(((hugs)))
Old 04-19-2007, 07:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
grateful rca

glad to hear the good news and that you are taking care of you and the kids are doing just fine. the thought of losing my kids has helped to keep me sober, and now that your daughter is sober, i pray that she does what it takes for her and her kids, i'm praying for you, her and the kids.
Old 04-19-2007, 08:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

((((((Pattilipp))))))))
Old 04-19-2007, 12:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Patti, I am so happy to hear that your daughter is doing well. Enjoy this time with her. And thank you for sharing your good news with us. Hugs, Marle
Old 04-19-2007, 01:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I'm happy for your and with you that your daughter is doing so well. I will keep her in my prayers that she can be a good mother to her children. And adding a prayer for you that your health just gets better and better.

Hugs
Old 04-19-2007, 03:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Hug giver-outer!

((((Patti))))

Thank you for sharing your good news about your "R"AD!!! How wonderful. And I'm glad that you are taking care of you. Sending prayers and hugs for you to get better and stronger.

Old 04-19-2007, 03:48 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

it is good to hear good news.i am happy your daughter is doing good.i hope she will continute for herself & her children.i hope you continue to feel better & better.hugs & prayers,
Old 04-19-2007, 06:26 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Wonderful news!

(((hugs)))
Old 04-19-2007, 06:36 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
I'm HOME!!!!!

we've missed you. Wonderful news about your daughter. Sorry things have been rough for you lately, but you sound like you are doing well...glad to see you back!!!!
NSW
Old 04-19-2007, 07:35 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome back Patti,
You have been missed. I am so happy for you about your RAD. When we spoke you sounded upbeat about her. I'm sure her girls are glad mom is back with them at least part time.
I hope everything else is going fine with your family.
Hugs
Old 04-19-2007, 08:20 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

Patti, I'm glad you are starting to feel a little better and so happy that your daughter is working so hard on her recovery. You are a wonderful mom and grandmom to be taking care of the girls so she can work on taking care of herself. And I am glad you are finding time for gratitude and for taking care of you! Hugs and prayers