Notices

Day 3...

Old 04-19-2007, 07:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3...

Day 2 was a little tougher than I'd expected, which surprised me. That's good though, I want this to hurt a little so I have another deterrent the next time I feel like drinking.
I feel good this morning. The anxiety has lessened considerably. I'm also finding myself with a renewed interest in the activities that I abandoned during my last binge. I'm looking at my golf clubs, guitar, hockey equipment, books etc. and looking forward to engaging them again for the first time in months. It's scary to think that I withdrew to such an extent.
Two days is the longest I've gone without a drink in over 6 months. I've been reading these threads regularly and everyone here has been a HUGE help.
Old 04-19-2007, 08:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wink

Originally Posted by unger894 View Post
Day 2 was a little tougher than I'd expected, which surprised me. That's good though, I want this to hurt a little so I have another deterrent the next time I feel like drinking.
I feel good this morning. The anxiety has lessened considerably. I'm also finding myself with a renewed interest in the activities that I abandoned during my last binge. I'm looking at my golf clubs, guitar, hockey equipment, books etc. and looking forward to engaging them again for the first time in months. It's scary to think that I withdrew to such an extent.
Two days is the longest I've gone without a drink in over 6 months. I've been reading these threads regularly and everyone here has been a HUGE help.
Hey Unger,

Golf clubs huh? As you can see by my screen name, I have an affinity for the game. I've been where you are. We here at SR will be happy to help you any way we can. Your fears are very normal at this very early stage of sobriety. I would urge you to think about finding a support group close to you. It's so important to have people you can trust close by that you can rely on.

This disease is not something to go at by yourself. Most who have tried have failed to gain the peace, serenity, and happines that comes from ridding yourself of the feelings of fear, anger, disgust, lonliness, and frustration. Give yourself the best chane to recover. Face-to-face contact is no doubt the best way to tackle this.

However you choose, we are here to listen, love, , cry, and laugh with you. You have found a home. Wanna come in and be a part of our family? We'd love to have you.

Your friend in sobriety,
Ed
Old 04-19-2007, 09:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

LOL I seem to stumble around the boards to day right on Eds heels!!! LOL

As usual Ed has offered some excellent advise, you are not alone as you are seeing right now, there are rooms full of people just like us who are alcoholics, but sober, who love nothing better then to help a person struggling with alcohol by sharing with them how they stopped drinking and stay sober. As a matter of fact we have found that the best way for us to stay sober is to help others get and stay sober.
Old 04-19-2007, 09:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to day 3 - I'm glad that the anxiety has lessened, and that you're feeling better. I echo what's been said - make sure you have a support system in place - and use it! I think it's wonderful that you have a renewed interest in your hobbies, but remember that they won't keep you sober. You've found that coming here and reading/posting helps your sobriety, so make sure you keep doing it - even when you're feeling good.
As alcoholics, it's inevitable that we face some struggle in life whether's it's loneliness, boredom, depression that will push us towards the drink and threaten our sobriety. For me, I have to bank those meetings and stay on top of my sobriety so that when this happens, I have something to draw from to keep me from picking up.
Please keep posting - we need you here.

Rowan
Old 04-19-2007, 07:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

unger,
It's great to hear that you are on day three and looking for/finding motivation. It's ironic that you mentioned your clubs. I had a withdrawal seizure once on my third day sober while golfing. That being said, according to the doctors, the third day is apparently a critical time in detox. If you aren't being supervised by a doctor, make sure you are taking it easy and that someone around you knows that you are detoxing. I can't imagine what would've happened if I'd not been with my mom when I seized. Best wishes. Keep up the good work.
Old 04-19-2007, 07:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Livefree. You had a seizure on your third day? Wow, that's scary. How were you feeling previous to that?