Notices

Any Moms Out There Keeping Sane While Not Using Part 25

Old 04-18-2007, 10:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Any Moms Out There Keeping Sane While Not Using Part 25

Continuation of the Sane Moms thread on SR...

And here's a back link to the old one;
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-24-a-17.html

...what...no thank you's???
Old 04-18-2007, 11:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Hi Mums

I am 1st

Kevin
Old 04-19-2007, 01:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
To Life!

Part 25???
OMG! That's got to be a record!!
Get out the cake; let's have a PARTY!!!

L'Chaim!
Old 04-19-2007, 04:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Between earth and heaven

Hi Mommies

Boy I signed on and thought you had all abandoned me.....boo hoo...had to find the new thread.....lmao

how is everyone today? I am still feeling yukky but that will be alright...I know it will
Old 04-19-2007, 05:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Real quick good morning all,

I am overwhelmed this week.

I have my first appointme with my counceloer today... I'll report in later.

Candy, Funny you mention the wine... Last night I had a dream that I took a sip of red wine..... I swear I even tasted it, and then I felt so guilty.

I think you handled the situation well, I try not to use the phrase "I don't drink". I find it very smug borderling on rude, even now that i don't drink I just want to say... well exdcuuuuuuse me.

Sorry to here the coach is being so rude.... that's unexcceptable....

Love to all.... seem like a bunch of us have been missing...
Old 04-19-2007, 05:28 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Between earth and heaven

********************{IGGY}}}}}}}}}}}} wish that boy a happy birthday from me
and I hope you feel better today

Laura how did the room turn out?

Jackie how are the kids and Ihate grocery shopping let alone puttingit away...yuk

Beezy...I hope today is better for you

<dancing> Sanjaya is gone

The VA Tech shooter..well I will not give him the satisfaction of speaking more than to say.....the state and college both knew he was mentally ill...

Ok I will check in later girlies
Old 04-19-2007, 05:33 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey guys...not alot of time, I have to attend a funeral this a.m. Uggghhh! One of my bestest buddies Mom passed away this week.

Candy, the same thing happened with the cheeta when she finally quit gymnastics for good. She finished out the competitive season and placed 1st on bars, floor, vault and all around; 3rd on beam. After the meet she went to the coach to thank him for everything and tell him goodbye. He turned his back and walked away from her and made her cry!! I was sooooo pi$$ed!!!! Of course, me being me, I had to call him and let him have it...No one hurts my babies!!!!

I need to quit thinking about how a glass of wine or a beer will get me thru this funeral service...WHY WHY WHY do those thoughts always creep up?!

Have a great day everyone!

ttyl
Old 04-19-2007, 05:45 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
I'm a Pickle

Hi all. Just checking in. Third day sober. Started a new job last night and now feeling a little overwhelmed. I work medical transcription during the day 5 a.m. to 2 p.m., now I started a waitressing job last night and working like 2:30 to 8. I told them I want 3-4 days a week, but already they are talking about working last night, tonight, tomorrow, a double on Saturday, and Sunday. Im like "HUH?" I already work 40 hours a week! Guess I will have to try to stick up for myself and just tell them I cant work THAT much....
Old 04-19-2007, 05:51 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

hello kimmie----people have kept me updated and i have watched the show here and there not an everyweek follower---and i am glad sanjaya is gone also OMG---he was terrible lastnite---and i am sure everyohter nite he was on also.
kids are well brionna is about to get on the bus---conner is still sleeping---and i have to get grocerys today YUCK!!!!! i am making potato soup for dinner!!!! YUMMY my daughter loves it and asks me to make it all the time.i liked it to when i was little ---i guess taste buds can also run in the family LOL!!!!!
Old 04-19-2007, 05:56 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

wisc---if they hire you in and agree to those hours----those are the hours they need to stick to---i know from personal experience(i never did this but i know managers that did) when i was managing a big chain hair salon---if the people were given more hours than they asked for they usually quit, so i would definately go have a talk with the manager right now before it does become a problem and you are overworked---don't let them take advantage of you----it is not your problem they need to hire more people to get their shifts covered----sorrry i am ranting---but as a former boss stuff like that makes me very angry!!!!don't take advantage of your employess because you are short handed --the boss needs to pick up those shifts!!!!! i always did!!
Old 04-19-2007, 05:58 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Hey everyone-
new girl here....

I woke up about 1 a.m. feeling crappy, and immediately got that middle-of-the-night fear and self-loathing that has been plaguing me for too long now. I went online, revisited this forum, and have been reading all night long until now. Can't tell you how much better I feel now- ready to start a new day today, get my daughter to nursery, and try REALLY REALLY hard not to open a bottle of wine when I get back home tonight.
Thanks for the inspiration of all your words and stories- I really needed to hear all of you last night.
Old 04-19-2007, 06:41 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

hello hope!!!!!!! make yourself at home---i know what you mean about "SELF LOATHING" about midway through my addiction---i spent a great deal of time self loathing ---feeling guilty---being angry at everyone----why me---it is strange now that i am not using anymore i don't feel that way (much) anymore---the guilt of things i did in the height of my addiction still haunt me but it is getting easier everyday!!! MY DOC-----is vicodin---and along with the vicodin i would drink---but without the vicodin i don't drink---strange huh?? but that is just how it is---i will still have a glass of wine or a margarita every now and then (without the vicodin) but i can stop at just a couple drinks without the pills---with the pills i get falling down can't remember sh!t drunk---and i am sick in the bed throwing up etc.... i haven't been that way in a long time and don't ever wish to be that way again!!!
Old 04-19-2007, 06:47 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Good Mornin Mommas

Hiyas Hope and welcome to the forums!!! Jump right on in!!!

I am sitting here with a DIET COKE!!! W00000 h000000!!!! Sounds so silly but after going for 2 weeks without one, it is awesome to be able to go grab one from the fridge!!!!LMAO....I know ...... I aint right, and yeah I am easily amused ahahaha.

It is freakin cold and raining here....whats up with that?? It is supposed to be nice...damn weathermen, they havent a clue! I was pumped, ready to get outside today, now I am gonna have to be a lazy bum and curl up in my bed and watch all my shows that I have taped. Does anyone else like The Shield?? OMG I love love love that show!! I have 2 to watch too yeeee haaaww! I am so glad that San-whats-his-face got the boot....he shoulda been gone long ago! I think all the little teeny boppers thought he was cute and voted for him and that is why he lasted as long as he did anyway lol.

Kimmie- I went to the library yesterday and they didnt have the book but she ordered it from the main branch and it will be here in 4 days....I cant wait to get it, I am so excited!!!!

Today the YMCA is reviewing our application for free membership, cross your fingers, I pray we get it. I want to start working out and swimming so bad plus it will be something that I can do with the kids several times a week that will get us out of the house for awhile!
Well, time for schoolwork....first up Social Studies....yay! I will check in later...have a wonderful sober day all and hugs to everyone!!!!!
~HUGS!~ Liss
Old 04-19-2007, 06:47 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Morning ya'll....i feel a little better today (mentally & physically). The sun just came out (haven't seen that frigger all week, lol) and i'm just sitting here on my couch looking out my window. I'm home from work today....my little one has an ear infection, she was up all night with an earache and i was able to get her into the doctors first thing this morning. She has finally fallen alseep on the couch next to me, she is soooo tired. I have to wait until DH gets home so i can get her antibiotics, but he'll be home fairly early today (he started at 3:00am). The poor thing just woke up asking for the bucket

I didn't get to see my boy this morning before he left for school....probably a good thing i'm home today so i can make his cake and get him a present. I was going to give him like $50 but my husband suggested we get him a video game so I guess that's what we're going to do. My mother is giving him $125 so he can attend a Police Cadet Academy this summer...it's like going to boot camp for one week, but he'll love it. He really wants to be a policeman (Mailman the Policeman, haha) and i'm sure he will....he'll definitely be some sort of civil servant because he just wants to help people.....he's such an amazing kid! Can't believe he's mine

Ok, Sam has fallen asleep again so I think i'll get off my duff and pick up a little and maybe bake that cake.

Jackie - your post last night brought tears to my eyes.....i hate coming here to whine because i know there is ALWAYS someone who is worse off than me, had it worse than me and i should just really be grateful to have what i have. Like Kimmie....she doesn't feel well all the time, but she always seems to have a positive attitude about things. I've got a friggin cold, big whoop! So, thanks for sharing.....it put things in perspective for me.

WOO HOO! SANJAYA IS GONE! ABOUT FRIGGIN' TIME AMERICA!!!!! Now we can get on with it!

OK, i really have to get off my arse....TamTam......I miss you, can't wait until you're back home and we can chat again. Thanks! (I'm very emotional these last couple days.....hope my meds are not wearing off, lol)

Toodles! xoxo
Old 04-19-2007, 07:27 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

ig--i didn't say that upset you---just wanted you to feel good that you all could be together and you were able to make him a cake and give him some cash!!!! i just didn't want you to be down on yourself---you are a great mom!!!!! i was trying to make you feel better----sorry if it only made it worse!!!!! i wasn't trying to have a pitty party---i just wanted you to be proud you never gave up on your kids and you are there for them---my mother had the chance to get us out of the foster homes and she left us there----only visited us 1 time---so i just wanted to say to you i am proud you are baking a cake and doing money etc...he will always remember that!!! sounds like you are doing something right with him----policeman---that is GREAT!!!!---look how i turned out---drug addict hairdresser----you are doing right by your kids so please feel good ---not bad!!!!

I LURVES YOU IG!!!!!!!!
Old 04-19-2007, 07:36 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

hola mommies!

have company visiting so can't stay. just wanted to say i love you guys.

can't believe our resident non-mommy was first on this thread **{kev}}

welcome hope -- you are reaching out--that's a great step in the right direction! keep coming back!

wisc! so glad to see you!
Old 04-19-2007, 08:16 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hola mamasitas!!! Finally able to check for the day. God i could not get up this morning. It is weird NYC, but I dreamt about wine too.

That I was able to have one glass and it tasted SOOOO good with my dinner ans was able to walk away from it. But I know that wouldn't be the case. I am sure it is some subliminal message.

My daughter is in gymnastics too and if one of her coaches did that I'd smack em. Maybe they think if they give her the cold shoulder it will push her to some back? I don't know. She's only 5, so it has just begun for us.

Anyway, Hope you are all having a fantastic day. Hi Jackie poo!!!!!!
Old 04-19-2007, 08:21 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

hey petie

ok i am leaving for work---everyone have a good day i will check in later--ig just gave me a good recipe i am going to try---it is the cake she is making for her sons b-day----it has heath bar in it----ONLY MY FAVORITE CANDY BAR EVER!!!!!
Old 04-19-2007, 08:49 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Orginally posted by Scootinbabe:
thanks jane! those celts have such a way with words don't they? grisly, mean and gruesome--the missing dwarves! tee-hee.

i think i asked you this and i think you said yes but, forgive me for the memory malfunction, did you read diana gabaldon's voyager series?

oh oh! and our fave show is on tonight. can't wait to see what develops now...
Yep, I did read the Voyager series--SO good! Talk about a total escape, huh?

Whoa, LOST last night was it's usual bizarre self! I felt so bad for Desmond when he pulled the helmet off that parachute gal and it wasn't Penny. (Or was it?) And the way the show opened about gave me a heart attack with the Charlie thing.

For Candy, the premise of LOST, from Wikepedia:

"Lost is an Emmy and Golden Globe award-winning serial drama television series that follows the lives of a group of plane crash survivors on a mysterious tropical island, somewhere in the South Pacific...
"While there is a progressive story arc, each episode relates events concurrently with pre-island flashbacks centered on a particular character. The majority of episodes end with a suspenseful twist or cliffhanger, revealed just seconds before a smash cut to black and the title graphic. Others, following a plot resolution, will finish with a reflective closing scene which precedes a simple fade out....
"At the heart of the series is a complex and cryptic storyline which spawns numerous unresolved questions. Encouraged by Lost's writers and stars, who often interact with fans online, viewers and TV critics alike have taken to widespread theorization in an attempt to unravel the mysteries. Theories mainly concern the nature of the island, the origins of the "monster" and the "Others," the meaning of the numbers, and the reasons for both the crash and the survival of some passengers."

Well, I'm off to a busy day helping at school. I hope everyone has a good one!

As Tam would say, "Can't drink/use today"!

xo
jane
Old 04-19-2007, 11:24 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hi Mommies..I'm back with six days sober. I really would like to stay this way. I hope you will let me rejoin you one more time. I know I have to be accountable and showing up here is one way to do so. Besides, I really would love to get to know you all much better, and actually allow you to get to know me. I lurk everyday but wanted to be sober and somewhat clear headed before I asked to participate with you again. You do make my day!