I Come Here for a Reason

Old 04-18-2007, 08:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I Come Here for a Reason

I think we are loosing focus of this forum. I come HERE because I want to hear what you all have to say. I come here when I need the gentle, softer, approach. I've had enough of the sarcasm, the trashing, the bashing, the anger & the crap that goes with addiction. In a word...the "drama".

If I wanted to be at another forum, I would be there. Maybe perhaps, we need to stop discussing other forums.

I, for one, am done with "keeping my mouth shut". But I also realize that if I don't agree with what is being said..."I can keep what I like & leave the rest". Quite personally, many of these people have been there when I needed them. But I also belong to other groups that give me what I need, when I need it.

This little "bashing, blaming" session is one of the many reasons I am glad I no longer live with an addict.

If one way worked for everyone...there would be no alcoholism, no addicts, no codies, no one who needed help.

I think we can ALL agree on one thing.....addiction ruins lives & families.

Lynne
Old 04-18-2007, 09:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
On a tear

Most boards go through phases of up and down and a little drama... but here it seems to swing back to center fairly quickly.

Glad you are here, Blackrose....

Got any plans for tomorrow? Me, I think I will check out the bedding plants... I am getting an itching to dig in the dirt... in a GOOD way!

Plus, tomorrow night at my home group Speaker meeting, I get to tell my story... for the first time. So I am starting to get a little nervous...

((hugs))
Old 04-18-2007, 09:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

Originally Posted by BigSis View Post
Plus, tomorrow night at my home group Speaker meeting, I get to tell my story... for the first time. So I am starting to get a little nervous...

((hugs))
Sis.........some advice on the nervous thing.....Picture everyone in their underwear. Just kidding.........it doesn't work, and could possibly result in an outburst of laughter and that wouldn't be good. You'll be fine I just got that feeling.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

Originally Posted by Blackrose2756 View Post

I think we can ALL agree on one thing.....addiction ruins lives & families.

Lynne
and that's why we pretty much maintain the idea that each individual should work the program that works for them. My grandmother used to say "if it works, don't fix it". Well SR works for me and I'm happy with the progress I've made.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Tommorrow nothing. I'm looking into working from home "legit" jobs. Until I go to Vocational Rehab on Tuesday. About your speaking tomorrow night. It was tough for me the 1st time. But it gets easier. Knowing I was among friends helped. She's right...the underwear thing doesn't work.

Lynne
Old 04-18-2007, 11:39 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Wink

And I feel like such a failure that I couldn't help anymore. But there is something inside him that causes the violence & the drug use & until he will deal with that...I can't do anymore.

How long have you been clean & sober??

Lynne
Sorry I did not reply to you sooner, I did not want to reply anymore after I had my say on that thread.

I won't tell you how to feel, ;-) but I can suggest that you not take on his behavior and let it become your feelings. Just as I am not able to control if
I die in an earthquake tomorrow, you aren't able to control his actions.
But I still love California.... Okay, different.... But you are about as capable of controlling him as I am controlling earthquakes... And I'm not about to feel responsible or guitly or worry etc. about earthquakes....
That's up to God and Mother Nature and the Earth..... I can do my part by taking care of myself, my own safety, in case of one, but that is about it.

I was addicted to meth and then Ice, and I have right over a year and a half clean. I've never been a problem with anything like I had with Ice before except an eating disorder. I had tried coke at a party once, weed of course, even tried Rock Cocaine with an X boyfriend and had no clue what I was doing until later, and I hated all of it. But the first time my friend tried to get me to try meth, it took her 3 days, no way in hell I was about to stick anything up my nose, but she had lost so much weight and she was so damn happy... So I tried it, I thought my eyeball was going to pop out and for 20 seconds I thought something was really wrong, within 40 seconds I was completely addicted. My DREAM drug come true...
From there on it was off and on for I don't even know 3, 4, maybe 5 years,
maybe not that long, there was long periods of that time I didn't do it.
I could never find it, and I never went looking for it. The last year or two, maybe year 1/2, my roommate intro'd me to a dealer (oh gawd)....
He was a hard core dealer, who'd deliver right to your door.
Pure Ice.... It was the only thing that helped w/my ADD. It was great, and I only did bumps. For a very long time, that stuff is so strong I barely spent
$40.00 a month.....
Then of course, all good things must come to an end, lol. By the time I found this place I had my suicide planned out, notes written. But I thought I'll give it one more try. I couldn't quit, but I couldn't live the way I was living any more. I stopped doing it the day I came here. Went to therapy, used this board a lot, and just found some hope again..
I NEVER thought I would be able to give it up, I still am not sure how I did.
I didn't even think I could when I came here, my rock bottom wasn't as low as some people's, I was suicidal, but as soon as you come down from meth you get suicidal. I still had my apt., a job, things were still okay...
I was sick of myself, sick of my mom being mad at me, sick of depending on my dealer, I wanted so bad to quit, but I didn't think that I could do it.
But I did.
And I will NEVER go back....... I know that for a fact... I've had many opportunities, even a bag in my hand..... Will not ever do that again...

Please don't feel like a failure, drugs are one of the most powerful things I have every dealt with in my life.... You feeling like a failure just gives
drugs all that more power. The worse you feel just mean drugs won again.
Don't let it win twice instead of once.....

lol, that was one long answer to how long have you been clean for eh...
We do recover though... I have four very good friends on the boards
who are also in recovery from meth, and are just as strong in there
recovery as I am.....
Gwen Marie would be one of them.... Same recovery day as myself!!
When I first was trying to learn about how to get off meth, I kept
reading over and over how low the odds of recovery for meth
addicts were..... I guess they aren't polling the right people
or something..... ;-)
Old 04-19-2007, 06:02 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

i agree with big sis about the boards going up & down but maybe we all need to go back & read the sticky"about our sharing." that may help us all. prayers,