Don't appreciate being quoted on Crackreality forum

Old 04-18-2007, 01:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs down Don't appreciate being quoted on Crackreality forum

Went over to the forum and found that what I said was quoted over there. Bad taste IMO. Marle
Old 04-18-2007, 01:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Could tell them to remove it.
You didn't give permission thus they infringed on your copyright.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

I agree with you Marle. One's opinion and how they work the program shouldn't be used as an example in any other forum or recovery site just because their views and opinions are different.

We've always said here, work the program that works for you. I went over there and read the thread you're talking about. There was no need to quote you like that and IMO was done in poor taste.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
grateful rca

i went there too marle, and i see why you would be upset, i'm a recovery crack addict and you can imagine how it could have cause me feel, and i agree with best and loves. maybe you could get them to remove the quote. maybe there are folks out there who don't agree that an addict can recover and live life a peaceful and productive life, but thats their opinion.
, seem to me, it may have been more tasteful if the name of the site was posted, rather than any particular quote, may have been helpful to any one want help who could have been possible been ran off by that method. i think that there is more than one way to get the job done.
Old 04-18-2007, 03:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

((((((Marle))))))

I'd be mad too.
Whoever did that has a much different definition of 'recovery' than we do.
Love ya Marle...
don't let 'em get ya down...

Hugs...
Old 04-18-2007, 04:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey ya'll. I really didn't mean to start a bunch of bad feelings and stuff. I am sorry if my posting the link to the site was wrong and I really dont' want to hurt anyone's feelings. I don't take what they say on there as gospel. I only looked at it a couple times. I much prefer y'alls company!! I would be drowning in a sea of tears every day if it wasn't for this forum.
One Love, One Peace
Sandy
Old 04-18-2007, 04:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

"Don't Appreciate" puts it mildly, I'd be psss'd...of coarse Marle, you know me, I tend to be a bit direct.

I totally agree,

Dolly
Old 04-18-2007, 04:33 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Well, I guess I need to look at that forum. I would be majorly psss'd. I would never quote what I read on another forum word for word. Guess I'm sorry of the gist I gave about the information that was handed to me. I just felt a lot of rage over there & I didn't like it. As I said somewhere else. Maybe we should be careful referencing other sites.

Lynne
Old 04-18-2007, 04:37 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I just posted on the thread, in particular to Joesentme and let them know what I thought of what was posted over there.

I'd just as soon not get into a site-war, but if the conflict gets any greater on that crackreality thread, it will be closed. I tried to let it go but there comes a time when we just say "enough".
Old 04-18-2007, 04:38 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

Originally Posted by Ann View Post
I tried to let it go but there comes a time when we just say "enough".

Amen!
Old 04-18-2007, 04:42 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Just saw it. When did we say that we can "love" the addict into sobriety? And some of us are following the "no contact" rule. And a lot of us are no longer with our addicts. However, if you look at their posting rules, she violated her own rules. I also left a group on another site who INSISTED I dump my addict. And they don't allow for the other side of the story. What are they afraid of??

Sorry, I had another bad experience lately with another group where I could NOT disagree. Just gave me a bad taste in my mouth. As they say in meetings "take what you like & leave the rest" & that is what I try to do. I got what I could from other groups & I get what I need hear. I had to move past the rage & anger towards someone who I believe is sick.

By the way, did you see the nickname of the poster??? Tells you something.

Lynne
Old 04-18-2007, 04:47 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I too get annoyed with other sites but in the end I am just grateful that SoberRecovery is here and is so supportive. We're not perfect, but we're miles and miles ahead of the second best site.
Old 04-18-2007, 04:50 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Ann
you are quite impressive...(but i knew that already!)

It is amazing isn't it?
Haven't we all been through enough??
Taking a bashing at the hands of others who have an equal amount of pain is senseless...

Marle, I did not see the post (I have never been to that site) but I am sorry you were hurt in that way

It sounds to me like they are dealing with their pain by sending it in a different direction...not my idea of recovery
Old 04-18-2007, 04:53 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

There have been plenty of times when I was just disgusted with some of the things that my daughter has done, just as everyone else has been on here. I could so easily let my anger rule my life, but I prefer not to and that is why I am on SR. It is because when I have posted an angry post, the great people on here have helped me to see that my anger serves no purpose except to hurt me. The problem with quoting me over there is that they do not know me. They do not know that I practice "hands off" my addict and I do not enable in any way. I have limited contact with my daughter. It is like taking something out of context. If they want to go back and read my entire story, then it is fine to make a judgement based on that. But not on one or two posts. Marle
Old 04-18-2007, 05:07 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Those people are to be pitied, they don't have what we have, which is compassion, fellowship, support for each other and recovery that is second to none.

They know not of what they speak. They are angry, unforgiving, judgemental, and really quite lost. To be pitied, I think, and maybe prayed for.

Hugs
Old 04-18-2007, 05:27 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Rest peacefully Sonny Boy

When I first came here, someone recommended the site. I read, and it actually opened my eyes to some things, but for the most part, I didn't agree with what they were preaching. I even voiced my disagreement and got pounded. The thing that made me never return to the site, was when one of the addics got raped and they were all stating that she got what she deserved. That mentality is based on hatred in my opinion. I don't even bother reading it any more, haven't for a long time. Not to say everyone on the site was cold hearted.

B
Old 04-18-2007, 05:38 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
grateful rca

thank god for sr. i'd be lost by now, i wouldn't have made it this far.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:06 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

((((Marle))))
Consider the source hon, and don't let it bother you one more moment.
I'm not stupid...I know what goes on "out there" too.
But I don't need to think about it.
My son is no longer "out there" so I prefer not to stay there myself. And if he was, it would not only be painful, but would change nothing aside from making it impossible to climb out of the darkness.
I've been in the darkness, I have no intention of going back.

I just can't see the evidence of one step of moving forward when you stay stuck in the mud of the past.
Sorry...I've not been myself lately and this hit a nerve.
Ann and others...thank you for speaking up, and for saying what I probably would have YELLED
We KNOW what we have works and I'm grateful to be a part of it
(((hugs)))
Cece
Old 04-18-2007, 07:42 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

An addict can't recover? Uhhh.. what about the ones who post here and are "double winners?"

I USED to think an addict could not recover and every one of them would relapse forever. Ignorant thinking from a non addict is that that is.

Coming here and thru the love of some of the recovering addicts who have helped me, I think differently now.

Ann and her steel toed bunny slippers.. AWESOME.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:17 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ann View Post
Those people are to be pitied, they don't have what we have, which is compassion, fellowship, support for each other and recovery that is second to none.

They know not of what they speak. They are angry, unforgiving, judgemental, and really quite lost. To be pitied, I think, and maybe prayed for.

Hugs
Talk about bashing others! Sheese! What a HYPOCRITE you are!
Heck no, I don't "Want What YOU Have!