Wwyd?

Old 04-17-2007, 10:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Wwyd?

So AH hasn't been home since Friday. Yesterday I filed a missing person report on him, and last night he called me from a local hotel so I had his name removed from the missing persons list. I called the hotel this morning and he wasn't taking calls, but he was still checked in. That was about three hours ago and I haven't called back so I don't know if he's still there, but I'd guess that he is.

He's been very depressed this week - in trouble at work, using lots of crack, I'm leaving him, losing his son etc etc. Should I call the police and ask them to check on him? Or do I just leave him alone and let him do his own thing? Which is more codie - calling the police even though he'll probably be arrested for possession on top of everything else, or leaving him and hoping fate sorts him out? I'm worried that he might have killed himself, or is planning to do so.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

My uneducated guess would be that he is sleeping it off...I don't think I would call the police. Can you call a friend of his to check on him maybe???
I am very sorry you are going through this!! Life with an active ddict is so emotional, almost unbearable some days. My thoughts are with you.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
grateful rca

i agree with kj, at first i thought, let him alone to his own misery, but then i see your concern, i think that if you feel you need to, maybe you could send a friend or one of his family members to check on him. maybe he'll show up on his own, when he's ready, mine always did, but you can never know. addiction is jus so aweful. sorry that you are going through all of this.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

If you're worried in the slightest that he may be suicidal, I'd call the police. If he was just sleeping it off and is arrested for possession, well........he'll at least ( for the time being) be away from the drugs, he'll be fed and have a place to lay his head. I'd think that death would be a lot worse than jail time.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I just called the hotel to see if he was still there, and he's checked out so I guess calling the police isn't an option anymore. I suppose tomorrow I'll make another missing person report. *SIGH* Thanks everyone for your help and support.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
let it grow!

prayers for you and your husband. k
Old 04-17-2007, 11:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

So, so sorry you are going through this. I hope you are able to take care of yourself and not obsess! I think a long, hot bath is in order...long, hot baths have been my saving grace lately.

You're in my prayers.
Old 04-17-2007, 12:26 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thankyou for your thoughts and prayers. I'm amazingly good at not obsessing these days. This morning I bought some much needed shoes, and this afternoon I'm taking my son to the playground. I'd already decided to leave a while ago, although I'll admit I've had some trouble forcing myself to take the steps needed to get out of this situation. This whole episode is helping to reinforce my convictions that leaving is the only solution.
Old 04-17-2007, 01:00 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
On a tear

My sponsor taught me to look for "coincidences"... that show that a Higher Power is working in our lives...

I just called the hotel to see if he was still there, and he's checked out so I guess calling the police isn't an option anymore.
This sure sounds like one. He is in the arms of his HP.... as are you.

I wish you the best.
Old 04-17-2007, 01:13 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
'Round and 'Round I Go....

The first time I had to file a missing persons report, I swore would be the very last time I would have to do that. That is what basically brought me to my knees and sealed the deal. I'm sorry you are going through this. But I am glad you are focusing on you and doing things despite what you are going through.
Old 04-17-2007, 03:59 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

((((violet)))) hands off the addict. maybe he is just before hitting his bottom.take care of you & your child.i am sorry you are going thru this.hugs & prayers, hope
Old 04-17-2007, 07:21 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

He knows where he is, so he is not missing. Hands off the addict, he is an adult, he makes his own choices, he has to fall to his knees before he can stand back up.

Keep focusing on you, let the HP keep track of him.