ex called tonight about taxes!! sigh...

Old 04-16-2007, 09:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

ex called tonight about taxes!! sigh...

Ok, last vent tonight...I did vent to family and they understood, and I know someone will here, too! Just need to get this off my chest and awaken tomorrow a year older and WISER!!!!!

My exabf called tonight and was doing his taxes! He needed info. on the house we sold back in June because he needed more info. than I sent him or he couldn't find it, etc. Luckily, I was at my parents' house where all of my records are stored right now. I tried not to get into anything with him, but he was on my time and started making it seem like I filed wrong and started quacking again. I tried calling him twice when I did my taxes a month ago, but he never returned the calls, so I sent him all the paperwork and proceeded on my own fairly and documented everything!

He replies...I see how you are...blah blah blah...I could hear his mom in the background telling him what to ask me. For 5 years I did both of our taxes, and before that his mom probably did them. Anyway, he called a couple times as needed for info. I told him what my papers said. Last part of the conversation, he said I'll call back if I need something else. I told him I wasn't going to wait around all evening because I had stuff to do. He shouted back so did he! Well, not my fault you wait until the last minute. I couldn't just sit around and wait for him! I left my parents shortly after and he never called back.

I just hope this is it!! Deep sigh.......
Old 04-16-2007, 09:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Am I always going to be made out to be the bad guy? Do I just accept that even though I know better? Can't control another's feelings about you, right? Even though you try so hard to prove them wrong.

I did the best I could.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

in his sick mind you are the bad guy---you know that is not true.Stop trying to prove anything to him or anyone else...Start living your own life
Old 04-16-2007, 10:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes, that's all I can do! Just needed to journal a bit and get the feelings out!
Thanks!
Old 04-17-2007, 09:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
let it grow!

unwanted/stressful tax conversations was a HUGE topic at my alanon meetings over wkend. so, aztchr, don't feel like the lone ranger. blessings, k
Old 04-17-2007, 09:54 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You are NOT by yourself...........and not the bad guy, no matter what he may try to make you feel like.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm just so thankful I have no legal or financial ties left now. The heart will heal and the mind is much wiser!
Old 04-17-2007, 09:29 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

aztchr, i hope this is the end of it for you too!

and yep, you probably will be made out to be the bad guy, but as long as you know it's not true, that's all that matters
Old 04-18-2007, 04:37 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
I Finally Love My Life!!!

Originally Posted by aztchr View Post
Last part of the conversation, he said I'll call back if I need something else.......
I suppose one of his "needs" is to blame you...

CF
Old 04-18-2007, 04:56 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
The girl with the broken smile

My ah held me tax paper hostage last night. He hid them, refused to sign them etc. etc. I finally called his father which in turn helped motivate him to sign. Got them in on time. All I felt was that I had reached a new level of hate. Strong word but that is just how I feel.