I've Decided

Old 04-16-2007, 11:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
~Amanda~

Thumbs up I've Decided

Everyone here is so nice, caring and has given me such great advice. I would like to imform everyone here that I've made a decision. I have decided to write my AF a letter. I started it last night and wil hopefully finish it today. What I have now is kinda harsh but hopefully it will sink it. I've written on the top of the letter PLEASE READ SOBER...... so hopefully he will. There is also a song that I want my AF to listen to and read the lyrics. It decribles me to him so well. Yes it from the teeny bopper Lindsay Lohan and the is "Confession of a broken heart" (Daughter to Father) if you would like to listen to it. I'm hoping it will somewhat be clear to him of how I feel.

Thanks everyone once again for the help and advice. You all are such caring and sweet people.

~Amanda~
Old 04-16-2007, 11:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
let it grow!

when my daughter was in rehab, my husband and i were given an assignment to write her a therapy letter - how her addiction affected us and how we "saw" it - with very specific examples of who, what, where, when. we also were to include our hopes for our future with her. she had to share them in group therapy, and then we read them to her with a family counselor. it was meaningful. k
Old 04-16-2007, 11:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

amanda, i think that's a great idea. but, don't expect too much from it. know that you've written a heartfelt letter and that you've said all you can say, but at the end of the night, if his brain is so consumed by this disease, he may not give you the response you want... right now. but, i'm sure you'll get it somewhere down the road, it just might be later than sooner.